Oh, The Places You'll Go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
9780007158522-crop-325x325.jpg

I was just going to post this in my "best week ever" thread, or the Love thread, but I feel it needs more attention.

I've always like Dr Seuss books. There's something about the rhythm of the words that is calming and yet gripping at the same time.

This book was read to us on the camp. The second I got home, I bought it immediately. It's not really a kids' book. Well, kids can read it, and enjoy it, but it's not until you're much older that you'll really be affected by it. My Mum read it last week and loved it.

From now on, whenever I'm feeling a bit down, about any aspect of my life, be that relationships, or career, or whatever, I'm going to read this book, and it will make me feel better.

Truly moving, motivational and inspirational.

Here's what amazon.com turned up. If you're feeling a bit crummy over the festive season, then please buy this book.

Amazon.com: oh the places you'll go by dr. seuss

:)

I've read so many of Dr. Seuss' books, but I don't believe I have ever read this one! I'll definitely check it out. I love him too. There's just something about his style that is universally loved by any age group.

Funny little bit of trivia, Dr. Seuss lived most his adult life (since the 1940's) just a few miles from me. My uncle used to deliver groceries to his home for many years, and he told us that the furniture in his home was decorated with carvings of his characters, like the Cat in the Hat. :cute:

cobl04 said:
I was just going to post this in my "best week ever" thread, or the Love thread, but I feel it needs more attention.

I've always like Dr Seuss books. There's something about the rhythm of the words that is calming and yet gripping at the same time.

This book was read to us on the camp. The second I got home, I bought it immediately. It's not really a kids' book. Well, kids can read it, and enjoy it, but it's not until you're much older that you'll really be affected by it. My Mum read it last week and loved it.

From now on, whenever I'm feeling a bit down, about any aspect of my life, be that relationships, or career, or whatever, I'm going to read this book, and it will make me feel better.

Truly moving, motivational and inspirational.

Here's what amazon.com turned up. If you're feeling a bit crummy over the festive season, then please buy this book.

Amazon.com: oh the places youll go by dr. seuss

:)

This is one of my kids favourites, and mine too - a few years ago I could read it to them from memory :) dr. Seuss :heart:

and comet, I love that he was so enamoured of his characters that he surrounded himself with them! :cute:

I haven't read this in so long but I've always loved Dr. Seuss books, and his art was awesome too.

My favourite is the Sleep Book (objectively the finest sleep related literary creation of the 20th century) but I need to buy this again too.

Back
Top Bottom