More Things I Hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That I'm losing my Italian. :( Because my stupid bloody uni doesn't offer it at my campus, I can't do it. So I haven't spoken/read/written/etc in Italian for months, and it sucks.
tis a shame, i could've used you to be my interpreter recently when some dude from italy bought something from me off ebay. he couldn't speak any english so i had to translate everything myself :huh: why he couldn't just do that i'll never know.

i read it once and didn't understand it, so i stuck it into urbandictionary...and now i always say it.
yeah, i used to see it all the time and then about a year or so ago it finally clicked for me wtf it meant :doh:

ohh... ok...

Should I change my username to ELEVATED_U2_FAN just to be different?
YOU SHOULD, IT WOULDN'T BE OBNOXIOUS AT ALL.

smell of fresh cut grass
oh god, i hate that smell too. whenever someone's mowed, i can feel my chest tightening up and my eyes start watering.

I don't get it, why did you change your username from upper case to lower case? :scratch:
amazingly enough, the sole reason is because it was annoying to type in uppercase and with the _. :lol:

oh, and because it's hipster of me.
i read it once and didn't understand it, so i stuck it into urbandictionary...and now i always say it.
it's really handy, and provides a few laughs, but that website once told me my nickname meant 'a dick strong enough to lift a car'
tis a shame, i could've used you to be my interpreter recently when some dude from italy bought something from me off ebay. he couldn't speak any english so i had to translate everything myself :huh: why he couldn't just do that i'll never know.
ooh, that would have been perfect! let me know next time you get something from italy. ;)

^ Yep.

Eg: I saw someone type "I love's it". I mean... I love is it??

And the incorrect uses of your and you're drives me insane!! :banghead:

I am a huge, GIANT snob when it comes to grammar.

If I can do it properly in English, which is my third language, I absolutely expect native speakers to be bothered enough to learn. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Me too! English is my third language ( fourth? :hmm: ) as well and I am an absolute stickler for spelling and grammar. What irks me the most is the "should of" "would of" " could of." And spelling ridiculous as rediculous.

:banghead:

I am a huge, GIANT snob when it comes to grammar.

If I can do it properly in English, which is my third language, I absolutely expect native speakers to be bothered enough to learn. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

:hi5:

There's only one mistake I keep making in English, and I can't even remember now what it was. I'm sure Zee remembers. :wink:

Yeah :)

But at least you don't say "should of" and you don't say "you're" when you mean your... and vice-versa. And there instead of their.

:crazy:

The you're/your bothers me a LOT too. It takes about a half a second of thought to figure out the right one. If you can substitute it with "you are" then it's not bloody YOUR.

I hate seeing this:

2dumgxl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom