I Just Saw Live Aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
For the first time ever!!
icon38.gif

*ignores the fact that you were a Live-Aid-Virgin*

Wasn't it great? Where did you get a copy?

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 05-23-2002).]

lol
wink.gif

Yes it was *awesome* and my great great friend Jennifer sent it to me!!
biggrin.gif
I just wish I was there! lol!

i am also a live aid virgin...but...i don't really care a lot. meh

------------------
Anticipation is a liar.

I can't remember watching Live Aid really to be honest. I did watch it at the time but was only 6 weeks old lol. I might try and find a copy on ebay or something
smile.gif

I watched Live Aid, but I vaguely remember the actual performances, I was 10 at the time. But I did watch a tape of U2's performance years later and it still gives me such chills.

------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~

AIM:daisyone75

I remember sitting in front of the tv all day and all night watching all the performances...U2 of course was fabulous..of course at the time I thought they deserved to come on in the evening with the bigger names but they kicked totally....and that was one very lucky lady...loved the boots...

I remember that day very well. We were having a family barbeque and my parents were so angry that me and my sister stayed in the tv room all day long. So, I remember U2 came on in the early afternoon....right when my mom realized we didn't have enough charcoal and demanded that me and my sis go to the corner grocery to get some. grrrr
mad.gif

But, luckily we had the VCR going, I still have two tapes of very fuzzy Live Aid footage.

Bono was so serious when he was young.

------------------
In New York you can forget
forget how to sit still
Tell your friends you will stay in
but it's down to Alphaville.......

i've never seen it!

every time it was ever rebroadcast on vh1, it was back when they only showed it from 10pm-10am, and the rest of the time was the travel channel, so of course they always rebroadcast live aid when i couldn't watch it. and then when i finally got vh1 24/7, they stopped doing it!!
mad.gif

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
oops i forgot...

i only wanna see it for three people.
frown.gif

Gee, I wonder who???
tongue.gif

You know Simon's hair is jet black at that performance. And, his voice cracks during View to a Kill. It's actually quite adorable.

Signed,
CD(Closet Duranie).....Actually, I'm not really, I don't hide the fact that I still blast Rio any chance I can get.....or watch Sing Blue Silver on a day off from work...

------------------
In New York you can forget
forget how to sit still
Tell your friends you will stay in
but it's down to Alphaville.......

I've never seen it...or this "Outside is America" thing(whatever that is)or Popmart Mexico...there's a lot I haven't seen...

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I've only seen the entire thing once, like in 1988 when they rebroadcast it on Mtv or something. I've got the U2 performance on video though.
smile.gif

how come you never told me that april?! can i get a copy?! pluuuheeezzz

------------------
Is it getting hot in here or is it just ADAM??
*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I've never seen it...or this "Outside is America" thing(whatever that is)or Popmart Mexico...there's a lot I haven't seen...

I have these on video.. if anyone wants copies just send me an email and we'll see what we can do. oliveu2cm@yahoo.com

------------------
trysomebuysomefiefivefoursome
*Take Me Take Me Higher*

I love Live Aid! I hope as newer fans get a chance to see it they will know why it means so much to people who were fans in the 80's. It was really a special moment in history. It was the beginning of Bono's humanitarian work for Africa which he is still doing today! It got them more international exposure that helped their name become a household word. Sorry but I can't help mention, Bono did look so beautiful and sexy in Live Aid too! I still love to watch it. It's a major part of what U2 is to me.

I'm a big Live Aid fan! I'd love Outside it's America too but I haven't seen it since it was on TV years ago. I would trade a copy of Live Aid and Amnesty or something else to someone who would make me a copy of Outside. MSDK84@msn.com.

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

I've got to respond to this thread!!! Live Aid was one of the most memorable days/nights of my rock music loving life. I watched the entire thing, even the Australian performances that started the day off, and woke up at about 3 a.m. to do just that.

And here's a Zoo Confession-type admission: at the time, the group I wanted to see the most during the concert was...Duran Duran. They had the #1 single in the States at the time (View to a Kill) and I was quite the Duranie in those days.

BUT...the performance that impressed me most was by U2. It can't be overstated how much of an impression they made on people thanks to that performance on Live Aid. Bono jumping off the stage, then dancing with that girl...I'd never seen anything like it before. I'd liked their music before Live Aid, and had several singles and UF in my record collection, but watching them that day made me pay more attention to them in the future.

I have tapes of Live Aid somewhere, but they are probably unwatchable at this point. I'd love to see it again one day.

Diane

Diane L said:

I have tapes of Live Aid somewhere, but they are probably unwatchable at this point. I'd love to see it again one day.

Diane

That may not necessarily be true! I have the original tapes they were taped on, and it's still ok to watch. The quality is a little fuzzy and the sound is not great but you could definetly watch them.

The funniest thing about the original tape is how heavy the tape actually is!

I have never seen Live Aid! I have only seen bits of the performances when it was mention on the news because Bono went to Africa recently. I wish that I could see it though:(

I only saw a little bit of Live Aid because I had a summer job (it was the summer after my senior year in high school) and was working most of the day. I missed the U2 performance, but I didn't know what I was missing because I didn't even know who they were until 1987! The only thing I really remember about Live Aid is Mick Jagger and Tina Turner singing together, which simply kicked ass!

It wasn't until years later that I saw short little clips of the U2 Live Aid performance being played on shows like Legends on VH1. That was so sweet when Bono jumped off the stage and hugged that girl! I would love to see the entire performance sometime.

<----------BIG Live Aid fan since 1985. SIGH!!:drool: I still love to drool over it! Wasn't Bono's voice amazing?

until a couple months ago, i too was a live aid (and outside it's america) virgin...but thankfully one of my pleba sistahs was nice enough to send them to me. seeing as i was not even a year old at the time, i didn't see it on tv...but seeing the vid was awesome.

btw, if you haven't seen outside it's america...DO...it's absolutely hiLARRYous! you must find it and see it!!!

u2loopy said:
You know Simon's hair is jet black at that performance. And, his voice cracks during View to a Kill. It's actually quite adorable.

hehe, i know. it marked the only time when all the members of duran duran (past or present, even though the five of them are back together, blah blah blah) had the same hair colour! everyone had black hair, and i thought that was weird. :D

i have audio of their performance, so i knew his voice cracked, and i agree. :)

i'd also wanna see power station, even though i know it'd suck since robert palmer wasn't singing with them by this point. maybe i can find a copy for like $50 on ebay. :(

Back
Top Bottom