has this ever happened to you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
two relatives pass away within 2 weeks of each other on the same side of your family? it did to me, my great aunt passed 2 weeks ago this saturday, then her sister (my grandma) gets sick this week an passes away last night, oh my god. i miss them both. 88 and 93 years old, i'm glad they lived a long life.

but i feel odd today,accidentally overslept a friend who came to pick me up to go run errands. appointments were canceled an it was a nice day, not to hot. went out with a friend to have a cpl coronas. then i get back, mom called an asked me to call back an so i did, dad answered an said grandma had passed away :sad:

so it was an ok day til then. i am handling relatives passings a lil better since my other grandma passed 8 yrs ago then a good family friend whom i miss all lots. i realize as u get older, u handle these things easier.

I'm so sorry, Jesse. :hug:

Both of my grandmas are very ill right now...one seems very close to dying, and I am afraid for my other grandma. :( It's very sad. Dad is going back home this weekend to see my grandma who is closer to dying, and I plan on going home next weekend to see her...I hope she can hold on. :(

no mate it hasn't, I lost my grand parents early on

88 and 93, not a bad innings,sisters, together till the end.
It's beautiful in a way jesse.
It's almost the same age gap as my sister and I. To know someone that long, must be a cherished thing.
My best wishes to you and your family.

Jesse Im so sorry to hear that matie. Its so sad no matter the circumstances. Its something no matter how hard we try, will always fail to understand.
Take care
:(

I'm so sorry, Jesse. :hug: :(

My great uncle and aunt on my dad's side died within a month of each other in 1996. I loved them dearly, she was the old Hungarian woman who everytime you came over would tell you to "eat something", and he always asked me if I had a boyfriend yet and when was I gonna get married (even though I was only 17, lol). They were both really cool, great people and I still miss them and think of them a lot. :(

Re: So sorry.

jesseu2 said:
two relatives pass away within 2 weeks of each other on the same side of your family? it did to me, my great aunt passed 2 weeks ago this saturday, then her sister (my grandma) gets sick this week an passes away last night, oh my god. i miss them both. 88 and 93 years old, i'm glad they lived a long life.

but i feel odd today,accidentally overslept a friend who came to pick me up to go run errands. appointments were canceled an it was a nice day, not to hot. went out with a friend to have a cpl coronas. then i get back, mom called an asked me to call back an so i did, dad answered an said grandma had passed away :sad:

so it was an ok day til then. i am handling relatives passings a lil better since my other grandma passed 8 yrs ago then a good family friend whom i miss all lots. i realize as u get older, u handle these things easier.

So sorry to hear that. My dad passed away a month ago...I'm only 21 and he was only 61. Taken way too soon. Dammit all...:banghead:

Senrab I remembered your post from a while ago and was hoping you hadn't replied here to say that. I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. It is such a terrible unfairness. All the best to you and your family.
:(

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm so sorry, Jesse. :hug: :(

My great uncle and aunt on my dad's side died within a month of each other in 1996. I loved them dearly, she was the old Hungarian woman who everytime you came over would tell you to "eat something", and he always asked me if I had a boyfriend yet and when was I gonna get married (even though I was only 17, lol). They were both really cool, great people and I still miss them and think of them a lot. :(

my grandma was the same way (eat something), i loved her deviled eggs. i was never hungry after leaving grandma's place.

oh no please not this

:no:

just heard my uncle is sick, who is brother to my great aunt an grandma. :( he's on chemo, got leukimia. spoke with one of my other fave aunts(his wife of 60 yrs), said he ain't feelin good. i hope he makes it thru cuz i wanna see him next month when i go with my family to Wisconsin to see my aunts/grandmas resting places, see relatives. an hes the last sibling in that generation :( 3 relatives within a month is shocking, god please don't..

I'm so sorry this is happening in your family.

My dad died 5 weeks ago today. It was totally unexpected (heart attack in his sleep).
The sick and twisted thing about is that his mom died 3 weeks earlier. She was 96 though. My dad was only 59.
Its so weird how they happen in waves like this.

You are in my thoughts!

:hug:

I'm so sorry Jesse, you and your family are in my prayers. Take care, and be safe:sad: :hug: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom