What was the best Christmas gift you received as a young'un?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_101401_4775ed3f5c2c7cca94a21d3a38f2171f.jpg

:drool:

I had a friend who had this, it was the same size as his bed! :lol:

There were a few Christmas mornings where we got sugar cereal wrapped up, like Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms - we never got to eat it otherwise. Sad that we were so excited about it :reject:

There were a few Christmas mornings where we got sugar cereal wrapped up, like Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms - we never got to eat it otherwise. Sad that we were so excited about it :reject:

Actually, we used to do that too! My brother and I always gave my dad a box of Kellogs Sugar Corn Pops. (Back in the day that they actually still left the word "Sugar" in all the cereal names)

Does anyone remember having streammers for there bike and those little things that you put on the spokes that made noise? I saw the streamers in the pic and it made me remember.

We always made our own noisemaker in the bike spokes by using a wooden clothespin and 2 playing cards. It sounded :up::drool:

Definitely my Barbie Dream House. :love: I always wanted one, but I knew I couldn't have one because they were pretty expensive, and even if my parents could afford one, there was no room for it in our small house. The first Christmas in our new and bigger house, my parents got me one. They later told me that they had wished I could have gotten one when I was even younger so I'd have more time to enjoy it. Not a problem though...I still use it. :D

My sister on the left, me on the right.

JulieKatieHouse.jpg

Pic taken this year:

Table.jpg

I got a rocking horse when I was very young, maybe 1 or 2 years old. I loved it and had it for many years. It had wheels, too, and I was racing through the house on that horse. :lol: I always love to look back at the Christmas we had as kids, because we got presents that children today wouldn't even look at. There were no such things as video games or electronic stuff. My nephew who is 11 years old gets all kinds of gadgets today, it's crazy.

My first guitar was pretty good. I was in Liverpool at the time too, so was with my whole family, which isnt something we get to do often. :) In fact now that I think about it, that was probably my last christmas with my whole family. :(

I think I used to get Power Rangers annualy as a kid. :lol:

OH

I know what it was now, the all time best Christmas present, my first bunny rabbit. We were never allowed pets cos my brother had allergies, but the rabbit was ok. It was even better because it was totally unexpected. I just woke up on christmas eve and my mum came home and dropped a rabbit on my bed. :lmao:

My Huffy bike, dark metallic purple with the banana seat, I think it was 1968... and it meant freedom :D
I still remember my brother and I riding our new bikes to the fire station to get our bike licenses. The firemen stuck the stickers on the bikes, it was so cool. Awesome day :heart:

I think I used to get Power Rangers annualy as a kid. :lol:

When I was four I got "The Snowman" for Christmas and every Christmas since I get something Snowman related. This year I got a snowman jigsaw puzzle.

Back
Top Bottom