US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(CNN)The House select committee investigating the insurrection has in its possession video outtakes of then-President Donald Trump's message to his supporters on January 7, 2021, the day after the riot at the US Capitol.

The outtakes, first reported by The Washington Post, were part of production of a speech Trump gave the night after the riot.

The panel is expected to show clips of the outtakes during its prime-time hearing Thursday, according to sources familiar with the committee's plans. The outtakes show Trump having a difficult time working through the effort to tape the message. Trump refused to say the election results had been settled and attempted to call the rioters patriots. He also went to great lengths to not accuse them of any wrongdoing.

I hate to say it, but I think a lot of this DOJ stuff is scare tactics by the liberal media to gain viewership. The walls are closing in on Trump and the DOJ is not going to just wimp out.

I hate to say it, but I think a lot of this DOJ stuff is scare tactics by the liberal media to gain viewership. The walls are closing in on Trump and the DOJ is not going to just wimp out.

oh absolutely.

everyone wants DOJ to just move on this like it's Law and Order. This is an unprecedented legal case - it needs to be done correctly, and if you fuck it up you literally put the future of democracy at risk.

Now there's the way to draw attention from the cancer comment/gaffe.

Jk. Hope the president only has mild symptoms. He has the best care in the world going for him.

It's really sad that some people are making such an issue out of it.

He said have instead of had cancer. He had several non melanoma skin cancers removed with clean margins, before he became President. Call them cancers, call them lesions, call him a liar if that gives people pleasure and distracts them.

I do know that he has a stuttering issue, and I think many of his verbal slipups might be a result of that. Until I see a medical doctor who has evaluated him say that Biden has dementia I'm not concerned that he does.

Wear sunscreen and stay out of the sun would be a good message for Biden to promote.

It's really sad that some people are making such an issue out of it.

He said have instead of had cancer. He had several non melanoma skin cancers removed with clean margins, before he became President. Call them cancers, call them lesions, call him a liar if that gives people pleasure and distracts them.

I do know that he has a stuttering issue, and I think many of his verbal slipups might be a result of that. Until I see a medical doctor who has evaluated him say that Biden has dementia I'm not concerned that he does.

Wear sunscreen and stay out of the sun would be a good message for Biden to promote.

It's funny how the MAGA party was so up in flames about all the hate towards Trump to where they actually made up a condition called TDS. But now "Let's Go Brandon", stuttering, cancer, whatever. The party of hypocrisy.

Yes if he didn't have so many other pressing issues to deal with the Cancer Moonshot could be an even bigger priority.

I could see those people with BDS criticizing him for making decreasing deaths from cancer a priority too. And I could see many in the GOP saying that money shouldn't be spent on that.

the guy has been at the forefront of pushing for more cancer research - but hey, why would we care about shit like that when it's all sportsball politics all the time. let's go brandon, or some shit. it's pathetic.

what would senile Joe Biden -- father of criminal drug lord mastermind Hunter and patriarch of the BIDEN CRIME FAMILY -- know about cancer?

And hey i hope it really is mild symptoms wink wink as i call out a gaffe….

The celebrations on the MAGA side for a human beings illness is sickening. Yes there were plenty who hoped and wished for Trump to kick the bucket.

It’s just further proof how far we are as a society from actually collaborating or even coming together in times of need.

Good luck to Joe on his recovery. It does show that we really could use an age limit to hold office.

Even without covid there’s too much risk to have someone older than 70+ to run the executive, Congress, judicial

Pathetic to vote against that, but let's just focus on Biden saying he has cancer.

Huffington Post

By
Alanna Vagianos
Jul 21, 2022, 11:48 AM EDT

The House passed the Right to Contraception Act on Thursday ― a bill that codifies the right to birth control and other contraceptives amid fears that the Supreme Court may come for that aspect of reproductive health care next after the high court repealed Roe v. Wade’s protection of abortion rights last month.

The bill passed despite 195 Republicans who voted against the bill in a final vote of 228 to 195. Republicans who voted against the legislation included Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Jack Bergman (Mich.) and Joe Wilson (S.C.). Just eight Republicans voted in favor of the bill.

The eight Republicans who backed the measure were Reps. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.), Anthony Gonzalez (Ohio), John Katko (N.Y.), Adam Kinzinger (Ill.), Nancy Mace (S.C.), Maria Elvira Salazar (Fla.) and Fred Upton (Mich.).

GOP Reps. Bob Gibbs (Ohio) and Mike Kelly (Pa.) voted present.

Gonzalez, Katko, Kinzinger, Upton and Gibbs are all not running for reelection this year.

The bill passed despite 195 Republicans who voted against the bill in a final vote of 228 to 195.

i literally can't understand this. i mean, i get the whole "fuck off, i got mine" attitude that animates large portions of the Republican party ... but you think these folks would want to make certain they aren't getting the teenagers they smuggle over state lines pregnant.

Is it bad that I wished for Trump to die of Covid and have zero remorse for it?

i remember thinking that i didn't want him to die, per se, but that i hoped it was severe enough that he might wake up with some sort of empathy for other people.

didn't happen.

i literally can't understand this. i mean, i get the whole "fuck off, i got mine" attitude that animates large portions of the Republican party ... but you think these folks would want to make certain they aren't getting the teenagers they smuggle over state lines pregnant.

you don't need contraception or abortions when you can just get them to sign an NDA

I didn't want Trump to die of covid. I wanted him to spend the rest of his life in prison. Still a slim chance [emoji1696]

The thing that gets me is that these people who want to force women to have babies and don't want them to have access to birth control are the same ones who turn around and bitch about people being on welfare and how people shouldn't have kids they can't afford. Like...????

To say nothing of how the GOP keeps going on about how inflation is so awful and everything...so naturally the logical response to that is to force families to add MORE children that they may not be able to afford to have, at a time when the price of virtually everything (including baby formula, I'll remind people) is going up.

Yeah. Logic is not exactly the GOP's strong point, no.

AliveFailingInvisiblerail-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom