Global Pandemic Part IV: IV Experimental Cocktails - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2021, 09:04 AM   #561
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
At this point I wish they would just open eligibility to everyone as that would help curb the spread amongst those younger people who are out and about.
They have to stagger it because of the roll out of the supply, its been getting much better, but its not like there's 200 million doses in the freezer at Mar a Lago that can just be given out. Still have to prioritize for a while.

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:12 AM   #562
Blue Crack Distributor

Which was my point on waiting on sharing our supply, especially now that AZ is close to approval.

Alas - I know it's the right thing to do and I'm just a selfish ninny

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:08 AM   #563
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Let’s just hope this thing doesn’t hit the mutation jackpot of more infectious and wipe out vaccine gains. It’ll probably eventually lower the vaccine protection over time but then the Hope is over time our bodies react to this as another common cold. But my assumption is that’ll take decades.

The AZ data looks good. About 80% protection against symptoms, and another 100% protection from severe illness and death.

Assuming we do have the dosage from the other three to cover our asses, send it out to the world and let’s beat this thing
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:57 AM   #564
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post

The AZ data looks good.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladit...h=5ca83d305729
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:10 AM   #565
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Haha

Yeah, what a disaster.
Old 03-23-2021, 11:58 AM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

The incompetence at AstraZeneca has been stunning.

They fucked up the UK trial by mistakenly administering half the first dose, so they had to use Brazilian data exclusively (which accounts for their low numbers). Now they've again had a data reporting issue. It really doesn't instill confidence.

But also what we have to remember and hold true after this pandemic is over is that pharma companies MUST go back to getting vaccine approvals in the ordinary course. They are already chomping at the bit at the idea of releasing everything faster, with less scrutiny because it's considerably cheaper and easier to flood the marketplace this way. The governments have to make clear that shortcuts were appropriate in a global pandemic context and that is IT.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #567
War Child

I keep seeing optimism at a national level about vaccine supply, but I am certainly failing to see that at the state level. In PA, the counties surrounding Philadelphia are maintaining that they cannot even get through the 1A category for 3-5 months. That's just 1A! That would mean 1B and 1C follow before there would be enough supply to get through everyone.

No one under the age of 65 without one of the qualifying medical issues is eligible to sign up for anything, and it seems that the only reason they will eventually be able to get it is because of the May 1 requirement. But it seems highly likely that when the floodgates open on May 1, there won't be anywhere close to enough of a supply to get people vaccinated. The most optimistic prediction right now, and this is optimism based on projected increases of supply, is that perhaps everyone who wants one could get through the process by mid-fall.
Jerry Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:56 PM   #568
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

That would be a major failure for Biden Administration if it's pushed to fall.

I believe all three vaccine players are expecting major increases in supply during April. Texas just announced that they will be openly up the vaccine to all available citizens soon. I would expect CA to announce something similar soon.

I got annoyed that my company told us back in mid February that we'd be next on the list since we are critical manufacturing, and then there was no reason given as to why we were skipped over on the latest round. My assumption is states pushed to get teachers and those with health issues up the pecking order.

I'd like to get the shot immediately but I also just moved to a more open space where I'm not sharing hallways, elevators, or garages with anyone. I feel completely safe and can manage to hold out a bit longer now. But understand the frustration for those who aren't as fortunate to avoid human contact
Old 03-23-2021, 05:41 PM   #569
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
I keep seeing optimism at a national level about vaccine supply, but I am certainly failing to see that at the state level. In PA, the counties surrounding Philadelphia are maintaining that they cannot even get through the 1A category for 3-5 months. That's just 1A! That would mean 1B and 1C follow before there would be enough supply to get through everyone.

No one under the age of 65 without one of the qualifying medical issues is eligible to sign up for anything, and it seems that the only reason they will eventually be able to get it is because of the May 1 requirement. But it seems highly likely that when the floodgates open on May 1, there won't be anywhere close to enough of a supply to get people vaccinated. The most optimistic prediction right now, and this is optimism based on projected increases of supply, is that perhaps everyone who wants one could get through the process by mid-fall.
The data is certainly strange at this point, but I think the expectation is that vaccine supply will exponentially increase between now and May. I am not familiar with state-to-state differences, but I think in most places a pretty large number of people are already eligible because of the various sub-categories (including employment related) that now make the cut.

In NYC, for example, de Blasio said last week that 80% of adults were already eligible - I don't know how he got to that number (I assume it's a combination of so many categories of employment now being eligible, like education, civil servants, grocery stores, etc). So perhaps the "floodgates" will not be as large as we envision because a lot of people may already be eligible. The 50+ year-olds I know did not have much trouble getting appointments for this week once the eligibility date went down from 60 to 50..
gump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #570
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm generally pleased with the Biden administration's roll out, especially considering what they were given at the start of this process.

That said, I wish they would have taken the roll out out of the state's hands and nationalized it.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:56 AM   #571
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/danlamothe/statu...538420737?s=21

Guns and conspiracy theories. What could go wrong ?
Old 03-25-2021, 08:23 AM   #572
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

https://www.thenation.com/article/wo...ccine-justice/
gump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:44 AM   #573
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I know these Pharma companies have stated that once the pandemic is over, they will start charging for the shots going forward.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:15 PM   #574
Blue Crack Addict

The problem is that we cannot get past this pandemic until everyone globally is vaccinated. It's as if this notion totally escapes people in the west. If you are New Zealand and basically sealed off from the rest of the world AND you are willing to forego all tourism-related dollars for the next 3+ years (in addition to the year that just passed), then ok, screw the others and worry about yourself.

But the vast majority of the rest of us don't have that luxury. We live in urban areas and with global businesses and international travel, we are screwed until everyone is vaccinated. It will be pointless and like playing whack-a-mole. So the sooner we can ensure that everyone is vaccinated, the better we'll be.

I agree with Headache though on the national rollout, and I would say that this is not a uniquely American problem. Any place where you have states/provinces/etc administering their own vaccine plans are uneven and inconsistent with each other which then causes problems with people looking across state lines wondering why 54% of that state is vaccinated while only 17% of yours is.
Old 03-25-2021, 02:21 PM   #575
Blue Crack Addict

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden opened his first formal news conference Thursday with a nod toward the improving picture on battling the coronavirus, doubling his original goal by pledging that the nation will administer 200 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines by the end of his first 100 days in office.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #576
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The problem is that we cannot get past this pandemic until everyone globally is vaccinated. It's as if this notion totally escapes people in the west. If you are New Zealand and basically sealed off from the rest of the world AND you are willing to forego all tourism-related dollars for the next 3+ years (in addition to the year that just passed), then ok, screw the others and worry about yourself.

But the vast majority of the rest of us don't have that luxury. We live in urban areas and with global businesses and international travel, we are screwed until everyone is vaccinated. It will be pointless and like playing whack-a-mole. So the sooner we can ensure that everyone is vaccinated, the better we'll be.

I agree with Headache though on the national rollout, and I would say that this is not a uniquely American problem. Any place where you have states/provinces/etc administering their own vaccine plans are uneven and inconsistent with each other which then causes problems with people looking across state lines wondering why 54% of that state is vaccinated while only 17% of yours is.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/herd-im...19-11616770584

This article says pretty much the same thing.

There is not going to be a all clear moment, at least not this year or probably a few years. This virus is with us and the longer it takes to get people vaccinated, or the virus is allowed a faster time to mutate we could be playing whack a mole for years to come.

For the US if 30% of population won’t take the vaccine Theres really no chance of ever squashing it here. And of course we have international travel so those countries who can’t manage it or vaccinate fast enough will bring new mutations here and it’s a race to update the vaccine against it.

With climate change my worry is the mosquitoes viruses taking off!

I’d love for the government to spend its military budget on the sciences, medical and the rest. Solve problems vs blow shit up
Old 03-28-2021, 04:03 PM   #577
Blue Crack Distributor

We need more states to rip off the band aid and open vaccination up to all adults regardless of age, job or preexisting conditions.

Get more shots in young arms
Old 03-28-2021, 04:51 PM   #578
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:37 AM
Vaccinations are now open to everyone 16+ in Utah. We have by far the youngest population in the nation, so it probably helped us to get the olds immunized faster. Hoping more states can get there soon.

I got hit really hard with the 2nd dose side effects. Fever, chills, headache, dizzyness and body aches for about 24 hours. Probably the sickest I've felt in a decade. Happy to have it over with and grateful for science and modern medicine. Hoping the rest of you fair much better.
U2inUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:11 PM   #579
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2inUtah View Post

I got hit really hard with the 2nd dose side effects. Fever, chills, headache, dizzyness and body aches for about 24 hours. Probably the sickest I've felt in a decade. Happy to have it over with and grateful for science and modern medicine. Hoping the rest of you fair much better.
Our national institute in charge of vaccines is finally studying whether to exempt people who have had COVID from the 2nd dose. France has done it and Quebec has done it. I really hope that's the case because the anecdotal stories of those who had COVID and get the full two doses are often horrific. We now have studies showing that 1 dose of Pfizer is "comparable" - almost the same as natural immunity. Individuals who have not had COVID and receive one dose show up to a 10x lower antibody level than those who have had COVID and one dose. It's becoming fairly clear that there is no reason to overburden us. I have obviously a personal vested interest as somebody who had COVID and a reasonably uncomfortable version of it that required steroids in the end to allow me to so much as go up the stairs in my own house. I legit have nightmares about having to re-live those symptoms and have no interest in that second dose, so I hope they just go ahead and declare that to be the process going forward.
Old 03-28-2021, 11:39 PM   #580
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2inUtah View Post
Vaccinations are now open to everyone 16+ in Utah. We have by far the youngest population in the nation, so it probably helped us to get the olds immunized faster. Hoping more states can get there soon.

Read something about extremely strong reactions implying a likelihood of prior Covid infection (even asymptomatic). To a level where one dose could’ve suited you well enough. Curious if that’s the case.

LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote