Flight MH370 ?? What happened?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hishammuddin keeps using the word "confirm." I do not think it means what he thinks it means.

I realize that he's a representative, at best, and as such, all of this is coming from him, so I'm trying not to be too harsh on him. That being said, I'm beginning to believe that most words don't mean what he thinks they mean.

Some recent updates in Australia:

04.50 Some more information from the press conference:
A Hercules plane is heading to the area to drop marker buoys at the search area.

RAAFOrion planes can spend two hours at a time searching the area for the debris.

The possible debris has been located at the southern tip of the search area.
04.44 The press conference is wrapping up. Mr Young says: "We may get a sighting, we may not, we may get it tomorrow, we may not, we will continue to do this until we find these objects or we are convinced we cannot find them."
04.40 Mr Young has told families of the missing that "AMSA is doing its level best".
"This is a lead, it is probably the best lead we have now, but we have to get there, find them, assess them."
04.31 The AMSA press conference is starting. The authority’s general manager John Young has said that satellite imagery have picked up "indistinct" objects that are a reasonable size and probably awash with water. Here are some main points:
He said the largest object was about 24 metres, another was smaller than that.
Further satellite images are expected after commercial satellites are redirected to the area.
Four aircraft have been relocated to locate the objects.
A merchant ship is expected to arrive at 6pm .
Warship HMAS success is also en route but is some days away. She is equipped to recover any objects located.
Weather conditions are moderate but poor visibility have been reported.
"AMSA continues to hold great concerns for the passenger and crew onboard," he said.

If I'm not mistaken, those satellite photos that the Australians have date back to the 16th of March, so may be difficult to locate said debris 4 days later, no?

CNN also speculated that a black hole might have been responsible for the disappearance of the plane...

CNN thinks our PM is named 'John Abbot'.

I'm sure that we can find a John Abbot somewhere in this country and that he'll make a better Prime Minister than Tony too. Let's just thrust a microphone in front of this John Abbot and fool the world's media (and hopefully ourselves too), much like that "John Howard" apology to the stolen generations on The Games.

13.13 An emergency meeting has been called with the families of passengers in Beijing, to be held in the next hour, Sky News reports. There is no word as yet on what might be announced.

They keep spotting things out there from planes, not sure if this is just going to be a meeting to update families, or what, but they still haven't found any of the spotted debris in the ships, it would seem.

13.56 The families of passengers have received a text message from Malaysia Airlines with the following statement:
"Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived. As you will hear in the next hour from Malaysia's Prime Minister, we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean."

"I must inform you that according to this new data, Flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean," -Malaysian PM. http://bit.ly/1faloaM

Bjf4PgACIAAj9M3.png:large

13.56 The families of passengers have received a text message from Malaysia Airlines with the following statement:
"Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived. As you will hear in the next hour from Malaysia's Prime Minister, we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean."

"I must inform you that according to this new data, Flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean," -Malaysian PM. http://bit.ly/1faloaM

I wonder if they will have a display of someone throwing in the towel during this press conference.

I feel horrible for the families. Finding out by text message is callous, too.

The search has also been an eye-opener for me. I was not aware that there is so much crap and debris floating in the ocean, and that saddens me.

i still don't get what could have been strong enough to have knocked out the crew and the passengers, but not strong enough to allow the plane to continue flying for 7 hours.

Well, lack of oxygen is the only thing really. But that alone doesn't explain much else (direction, potential altitude changes etc). Still seems most likely it was a suicide or hijacking gone wrong. I guess it's possible someone deliberately depressurised the plane, but underestimated the amount of oxygen available to themselves? Something like that?

i still don't get what could have been strong enough to have knocked out the crew and the passengers, but not strong enough to allow the plane to continue flying for 7 hours.

A point that is troubling.

They keeping talking about debris but have not picked up any piece
and identified as part of the plane. No concrete evidence.

Another thing that has puzzled me is why I have heard dozens of
"experts" say that this is not any act of terrorism because a group
has not come forward to claim responsibility.

If the plane was hijacked, it evidently was a well thought out plan.
Why would the terrorists want to claim responsibility?

A better plan would be to let the world frantically search and eventually abandon the search.

And then wait....months....or years....and then use the plane
as a weapon.

Another thing that has puzzled me is why I have heard dozens of
"experts" say that this is not any act of terrorism because a group
has not come forward to claim responsibility.

You hijack a plane full of people for its immediate value - blackmail via hostages. If only theft of a plane was the goal, why on earth would you pick a very very large plane from a major airliner with 200+ potential opposition people to 'deal with' in a location presumably some great distance from your destination? Pretty unlikely, to say the least. It's possible it was hijacked - maybe political, maybe immediate terrorism - but it wouldn't have been theft and whatever it was, unless it was suicide, it went wrong.

You hijack a plane full of people for its immediate value - blackmail via hostages. If only theft of a plane was the goal, why on earth would you pick a very very large plane from a major airliner with 200+ potential opposition people to 'deal with' in a location presumably some great distance from your destination? Pretty unlikely, to say the least. It's possible it was hijacked - maybe political, maybe immediate terrorism - but it wouldn't have been theft and whatever it was, unless it was suicide, it went wrong.

-Terrorists don't always go for instant effect. Years went by between the first World Trade Center bombing and 9/11. We tend to have a short term view...they don't.

-If this is what happened, it was well planned. They had a flight plan and a well hidden prepared place to go.

-They chose a country where security is not a strict. Weapons might have been smuggled onboard.

-The passengers could be held as hostages to be used later.

I know I'm just speculating...but I still won't believe it crashed until they
have concrete evidence. It might remain a mystery.

-Terrorists don't always go for instant effect. Years went by between the first World Trade Center bombing and 9/11. We tend to have a short term view...they don't.

There is just as much evidence that the plane went North as it was abducted by aliens.

There isn't a single iota of credible evidence that points to this plane heading North. All evidence is South. The only thing that was reported, that I heard, was some eyewitnesses in the Maldives saying they saw a low flying plane...at like 4 or 5 am. When it was pitch dark outside. So, yeah.

The smartest people on Earth that do this sort of thing, from intelligence to the aviation industry, spanning countries across the globe, are all looking in the same place - because that's clearly where the plane was headed. So the plane went South. And if it did, it's now at the bottom of the ocean.

Because, ask yourself - if that's where it was headed - where would it have landed? The Outback? And the Aussies just missed it? There is quite literally nowhere else it could have gone, and it might even be a stretch to say it had enough fuel to get to Australia...why am I even addressing this? I might as well explain why it didn't land on the moon.

Isn't it common knowledge that, if a 777 runs out of fuel, the passengers can stick their arms out the window, flap them like wings, and keep the plane afloat?

Back
Top Bottom