Flight MH370 ?? What happened?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Satellite image may be showing the crash site:

BijgvcmIcAA0oaW.jpg

Wow, per the Guardian:

The Chinese agency that published the satellite pictures actually released them Wednesday night local time. In what appears to be something of a big miss, until CNN and the BBC reported the pictures in the past hour, they went pretty much un-noticed.

But the American arm of the Chinese-funded English-language broadcaster, CCTV, tweeted the pictures seven hours ago. The Twitter account of CCTV America, at the time of writing, has 8,226 followers.

Apparently the Malaysian authorities haven't received the images yet.

It seems the Malaysian, Vietnamese, and Chinese authorities are all rather ticked off with each other re: handling of the search, information sharing, and the like.

Has anyone gone and investigated the potential stuff unveiled by the satellite images yet? :confused:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 3m

BREAKING: Malaysian aviation chief says no plane debris found at spot shown by China's satellite images

Oh

I can't read the article you posted, because I'm not a WSJ subscriber, unless I'm missing something.

According to Twitter, this is the possible radius if it did fly on another 4 hours:

BilPDK-CIAAgkc5.png

I have no idea how accurate that is or not, just passing on what I see.

According to another person, I'm guessing this is between 4 and 5 hours:

BilVltkIAAAxxtj.jpg

Just crazy. Word has it that Jack and Locke just discovered a cave with fresh water and two skeletons that Jack referred to as "our own Adam and Eve".

Sent from my SM-N900P using U2 Interference mobile app

According to Twitter, this is the possible radius if it did fly on another 4 hours:

BilPDK-CIAAgkc5.png

I have no idea how accurate that is or not, just passing on what I see.

According to another person, I'm guessing this is between 4 and 5 hours:

BilVltkIAAAxxtj.jpg

MH370: Malaysia dismisses 'inaccurate' reports about last signals – live updates | World news | theguardian.com

Signal reports are 'inaccurate'
Hussein opened the press conference by denying reports that the missing plane sent out engine data after it disappeared from contact with air traffic control. He said:

I would like to refer to news reports suggesting that the aircraft may have been flying for some time after the last contact. Those reports are inaccurate. The last transmission from the aircraft was at 01.07, which indicated everything was normal. Rolls-Royce and Boeing teams are here in Kuala Lumpur and have worked with MAS and the investigation teams since Sunday. This issue has never been raised … Since today’s media reports MAS has asked Rolls-Royce and Boeing specifically about the data. As far as Rolls-Royce and Boeing are concerned those reports are inaccurate.

I posted about that a little while ago and while I'd be relieved to hear that's not true, I can't say I'm taking much of anything coming out of Malaysia for much more than a grain of salt at this point.

I've never watched the Reddit folks search these maps for stuff before...it's fascinating.

I posted about that a little while ago and while I'd be relieved to hear that's not true, I can't say I'm taking much of anything coming out of Malaysia for much more than a grain of salt at this point.

I've never watched the Reddit folks search these maps for stuff before...it's fascinating.

:up:

the plot thickens...

from the Guardian just now:

Rolls-Royce is refusing to comment on claims made by the Malaysian authorities on the last signal sent by the missing plane.

During today’s press conference Malaysia’s acting transport minister

Hishammuddin Hussein dismissed a report in the Wall Street Journal claiming that the signals could have sent out by the plane hours after it lost contact with air traffic control. He also claimed both the makers of the missing plane, Boeing, and the makers of its engines, Rolls-Royce, backed this view.

He said: “Since today’s media reports MAS [Malaysia Airlines] has asked Rolls-Royce and Boeing specifically about the data. As far as Rolls-Royce and Boeing are concerned those reports are inaccurate.”

But when our transport correspondent Gwyn Topham asked Rolls-Royce to confirm this, it declined.

Earlier, the company said little more to the Wall Street Journal. It quotes and an unnamed executive as saying: “The disappearance is officially now an accident and all information about this is strictly handled by investigators.”

Boeing has also issued no comment on the claim.

Anyone else get the feeling that this is starting more and more to look/sound like a movie? It's just so damn surreal that a gigantic airplane could just disappear like that.

If the reports of the Malaysian military ignoring radar blips from an unidentified aircraft are correct, then the theory that the plane flew on for several hours after last contact sounds more and more likely. Particularly since the unidentified plane was traveling west towards the Indian Ocean.

Also, Malaysian authorities need to get their shit together.

I had a buddy in college from Malaysia, and, man, that's a weird country from how he described it. It does not surprise me that the government isn't exactly up to this task.

Whoa, this story gets more weirder and scarier each day. I just hate to think what the passengers were going through during this. Whether it was an hour or several hours, I just can't...

Back
Top Bottom