Pop - Guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

super66

Babyface
Hey guys - first time post but a big U2 fan. I added a unique guitar to the collection - not sure if any of you here have made an attempt at this one, but this is how it turned out. Some one else did the work, I just paid, hopefully the image works :) You can reach.....but you can't grab it!
IMG_4366_zps6368773c.jpg

IMG_4367_zps2093fb2f.jpg

Excellent Job' it looks fantastic' is it a Gibson or Epiphone? I really love this U2 period even though a lot of people didn't "Get it".... It's time for some re-evaluation' I bet she weighs as much as boulder.

Excellent Job' it looks fantastic' is it a Gibson or Epiphone? I really love this U2 period even though a lot of people didn't "Get it".... It's time for some re-evaluation' I bet she weighs as much as boulder.

it's a les paul traditional - so a heavy sucker to begin with, no weight relieving or chambering on this model lol....I have to agree - very much like Weezer's Pinkerton which I thought was always a good record, Pop gets a raw deal when it has some very very goo music...

One song I hated was Miami - until I saw the concert - it was great live

Agreed. Pinkerton = best Weezer album, in my view. And Pop and FAR better than many have given it credit.

The thing that I don't like, is that the band don't seem to take criticism well. Rattle ANd Hum took some hits and they pretty much avoicd the album, other than a few of the singles.

Why no "God Part II"? Why no "Hawkmoon 269"?

The same can be said for Pop. It took some critical lashes, undeservedly... and most of the tunes have not been heard from since. Sad, that.

I fear the same for the NLOTH songs. "...Boots..." might get played.... but other than that... I doubt that they will play those tunes again. Heck, they dumped "No Line...", "Breathe" and "Unknown Caller" halfway through the tour.

As for the mirror-ball guitar... your's came out great. And it sounds that you have the same issue that Edge did - the dang thing being so heavy!

I'd be interested to hear some clips or see/hear video snippets of the guitar. I wonder how, if any, the mirror tiles affect the guitar sound.

You should take it and show it to Dallas and/or The Edge. They might cringe, thinking the original has come back to find them. :up::lol:

it's a les paul traditional - so a heavy sucker to begin with, no weight relieving or chambering on this model lol....I have to agree - very much like Weezer's Pinkerton which I thought was always a good record, Pop gets a raw deal when it has some very very goo music...

One song I hated was Miami - until I saw the concert - it was great live

I could not agree with you more on everything EO!
God Part II is amazing
Hawkmoon
Desire
Silver and Gold
Angel of Harlem
Heartland is GREAT
and of course me wedding song 'all I want is you'

I'm not sure if it's criticism even, sometimes it's just pure hate thrown at them because there is NOTHING wrong with Rattle & Hum. Look at the brightside - we got Achtung as a result :)

I wasn't too big of a fan of NLOTH, but what's shocking was that it was deemed Acthung Baby great by Rolling Stone, and they still shy away from it. I was bummed out to not hear breathe - I'm not sure they even played No Line at the show I was at.

Pop is and very good record:
Gone - all time faves
Please - live/single version is brilliant
do you feel loved
mofo

all great - and I loved Bono's collection of sparkle ES 175's on that tour :) I will eventually secure a black zoo tv one :)

Agreed. Pinkerton = best Weezer album, in my view. And Pop and FAR better than many have given it credit.

The thing that I don't like, is that the band don't seem to take criticism well. Rattle ANd Hum took some hits and they pretty much avoicd the album, other than a few of the singles.

Why no "God Part II"? Why no "Hawkmoon 269"?

The same can be said for Pop. It took some critical lashes, undeservedly... and most of the tunes have not been heard from since. Sad, that.

I fear the same for the NLOTH songs. "...Boots..." might get played.... but other than that... I doubt that they will play those tunes again. Heck, they dumped "No Line...", "Breathe" and "Unknown Caller" halfway through the tour.

As for the mirror-ball guitar... your's came out great. And it sounds that you have the same issue that Edge did - the dang thing being so heavy!

I'd be interested to hear some clips or see/hear video snippets of the guitar. I wonder how, if any, the mirror tiles affect the guitar sound.

You should take it and show it to Dallas and/or The Edge. They might cringe, thinking the original has come back to find them. :up::lol:

Back
Top Bottom