Fender Amps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rockhound252

War Child
What do you think will happen in the next tour? Will edge use again the fender amps or will happen the same as after the popmart tour that edge came back to his older ac30 only?

in the elevation had the Blues Junior¿ I have not constancy about that. Dallas mentioned in an interview that he had in the elevation tour only 2 vox ac-30

Hmm I think might be right about the Elevation Tour (although I'm not sure where he'd get the seperate signal for the shimmer sound then, because amp A and B are usually not for that...so there has to be a third amp at least for that), but even ZooTV he already had some other amps (he had the Randall's on Zoo already I think? Roland JC was for piano if I'm not mistaken).

The Vertigo Tour he used other amps for sure, plenty of pics around on the web.

No Blues Jr. on the 360 tour. (Per the Music Radar Online article).

Music Radar Online list
The Edge's onstage 360 amplifiers:
1964 VOX AC30TB Grey Panel
1970's VOX AC30TB Grey Panel
1972 VOX AC30TB Grey Panel
1957 Fender Tweed Deluxe
1958 Fender Tweed Deluxe
1959 Fender Tweed Deluxe
1956 Fender Harvard

The Edge's offstage 360 amplifiers:

1974 VOX AC30TB Red Panel
2008 Marshall 50Watt 1987X Amp Head
1966 4 X 12" Closed Back Cabinet w/Celestion Vintage Speakers (Mick Ralphs owned)

The Randall amps were used from Love Town through Popmart.

Buti'm not asking that. I'm asking if you think the edge will be using tweeds forthe next tour. Not shimmer... That's another question

Buti'm not asking that. I'm asking if you think the edge will be using tweeds forthe next tour. Not shimmer... That's another question

Keep in mind that 'tweed' is a finish and not a model. Both the Deluxe's and Harvards have tweed finishes.

That said, Edge bought up a bunch of Harvards over the past 3 years. He likes something about them. I would guess that by buying up so many, he intends to use them and that they would still be around.

I would guess the same for the Deluxe's, as they are key components to some tones, such as "Vertigo".

As for the Elevation tour... looks like two Vox AC30's up front.

whoac.jpg

Back
Top Bottom