WITS video filming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
"u2 filming video for Windows In the Skies in melbourne on monday", according to a poster at Lypton Village, Australian U2 forum.

You think they could have been nice and filmed it a month earlier and stuck it on the dvd. :|

I think not having the WITS video on the DVD would be a total joke and in my head would represent one of the worst things U2 has ever done!

thelaj said:
I think not having the WITS video on the DVD would be a total joke and in my head would represent one of the worst things U2 has ever done!

Worse than this , only putting Pride at Slane as extra , NOw that , that was really offensive

I mean I totally supported the whole u2 18 thing and all , and understood they wanted new fans and all , plus the Milan DVD should satisfy all the HC fans , well it did to me , but in A product which seeked all the fans , including the HC ones , coz of the 80's videos , to put a extra from another live dvd , like We haven't bought it , That's was really really really disgusting

Am i write in thinking that on monday u2 be playing in melbourne too ? Maybe we can expect the video to show u2 performing live ?

I hope it's not one of those stupid concert videos...I mean those are OK as a second video or something, but let's have a creative one.

I agree, seeing as Saints was already almost a concert like video, it would be nice for something more creative.

roy said:

:lmao: What a brilliant comeback...seriously..

What did you expect , anything like your level ofremarks ? :shrug:

After all not the one who calls people with no apparent reason of 'twats'

:|

It's hard to imagine it being a concert video ... given the fact that they have never performed it live. Performing it live for the first time while shooting it for a video. Sounds like a bit much.

I dont think the DVD comes out at the same time anyways. So it will probably be on the DVD when it comes out.

J_NP said:

Worse than this , only putting Pride at Slane as extra , NOw that , that was really offensive

I

it`s not the Slane Version from the "go home-DVD". It`s Slane from inside the castle.... but it looks really like an amateur-shot.

The Disciple said:
The video will b on the U218 Singles DVD that will come out in the future.

no it`s not - I have the DVD already (here in german you can bought it yesterday).
And I am also a little bit dissapointed that the Video for Saints also is not included - only the live performance.

thelaj said:

Not including Bono's mullet.

hmm, whats more important, waiting a little bit to make sure all of the videos were on the DVD and making it a better product, oorrrrrrr making sure the DVD is released in time for the holiday sales boost?

well I guess we know what's more important to U2

sales over quality

bsp77 said:
You think they could have been nice and filmed it a month earlier and stuck it on the dvd. :|

They might have but Saints got to be the first of the two singles...besides I really don't think one video more will make that much of a difference.

It makes a difference when it is called U218 Videos (an obvious tie-in with U218 Singles) yet doesn't include all of those 18 singles.

The single in question is out later than the compilatin itself, so that kind of rules out the video getting there on time.

:shrug: Not that one more video would take away from the tracklisting complaints, complaints of less than full Milan show is on DVD etc.

edit: never mind.

Let's just say I'm firmly ensconced in the "complain about the complainers" camp. :wink:

Last edited:
All the other things are open for debate, but I fail to see how not including one of the 18 singles on the CD on the same titled DVD is acceptable in any way.

I read today in U2's NME interview that they were filming a video inside Abbey road with Anton Corbijn.... footage that might be used for WITS together with the Abbey Road zebra crossing thing??

Chizip said:
hmm, whats more important, waiting a little bit to make sure all of the videos were on the DVD and making it a better product, oorrrrrrr making sure the DVD is released in time for the holiday sales boost?

well I guess we know what's more important to U2

sales over quality

They have no control over that aspect.

Galeongirl said:
I read today in U2's NME interview that they were filming a video inside Abbey road with Anton Corbijn.... footage that might be used for WITS together with the Abbey Road zebra crossing thing??

:barf:

Back
Top Bottom