U2's new album to be recorded in Vancouver!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, that's a serious leap with little basis in fact.

Wow, that writer is really stretching, assuming that because the US tour ends in Vancouver and the album is rumored to be out in December, then the band must be finishing the record there.

Um, yeah, I suppose they wouldn't bother flying their own jet back home to finish the record in Dublin. Way too much trouble. :rolleyes:

yeah, same report we heard about a week ago, though i will say i'm becoming optimistic about this, since the band said in a radio interview today that they plan on finishing the album after the 2nd leg.

This was mentioned a little while ago. It makes sense that if all their gear is there, then they will camp for a few weeks and finish it off. By all accounts they are nearly done anyway

Do we all realize, that if it is released in December (which it won't be) it'd be the first time EVER U2 has released two albums in one year

SMB

They won't record in Vancouver; there's no reason why they'd do that. SOA will be finished in Europe, unless they want to stop in eastern Canada and record near wherever Danny lives right now, and fly Brian in (which seems unlikely).

My money's on a March 2010 release, which I'll still be beyond happy with, unless they can finish the album in about two weeks (this is U2 we're talking about).

This has to be some bull. No second north america tour?? They can't just skip major cities like that.

Vancouver is usually a rehearsal city for many bands, but not recording. Anyways, the no NA dates are BS. The band has "pretty much" confirmed that they'll return

SMB

Vancouver is usually a rehearsal city for many bands, but not recording. Anyways, the no NA dates are BS. The band has "pretty much" confirmed that they'll return

Yeah, a lot of bands rehearse in Vancouver because it's about ten miles from the US with half the taxes.

I can't wait for the threads asking why U2 lied about recording in Vancouver when they fly back to Hanover Quay to finish the album.

Just out of curiosity, have they ever recorded any original material in Vancouver?

Because Vancouver is a beautiful place. The question should be why NOT vancouver?
Good point! ;)

vancouver_panorama_700x229.jpg

Not that I'm aware of. They did, however, record the video for COBL there, during the first leg of the Vertigo tour.

Thanks. I was trying to remember what the hell they did there.

I can't see a new album out this year, not with the Unforgettable Fire re issue coming out in the next few months along with the new song 'Disappearing act'. The album may well be finished in Vancouver, but it will be 2010 before it is released. By the way Vancouver looks like a great place to finish out the album.

They won't record in Vancouver; there's no reason why they'd do that. SOA will be finished in Europe, unless they want to stop in eastern Canada and record near wherever Danny lives right now, and fly Brian in (which seems unlikely).

My money's on a March 2010 release, which I'll still be beyond happy with, unless they can finish the album in about two weeks (this is U2 we're talking about).

:up: I am thinking more of this as well. 2010 sounds a bit more realistic.

I would be disappointed if they did not do North America again, but again, this is just speculations and rumors.....so I can still hope at another chance of seeing them :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom