U2 party celebrating finished album in SF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of unreleased songs... :drool:

By them playing some unreleased songs I agree with everyone here saying the album is done. This reminds me of Edge/Bono playing for Apple/Jobs at the Apple event. They played OOTS acoustic. HTDAAB was definitely finished by that time. I think late November we'll have our new U2 single.

By them playing some unreleased songs I agree with everyone here saying the album is done. This reminds me of Edge/Bono playing for Apple/Jobs at the Apple event. They played OOTS acoustic. HTDAAB was definitely finished by that time. I think late November we'll have our new U2 single.

I've been thinking that same thing. The only difference for me persoannly is that I knew about that ahead of time and joined everyone else outside to see the guys.

I agree. :up:
I should not talk about that here, but I know a guy (he's really trustful) that says we'll have something new before christmas, a single probably. I really can't say anything else. :wave:

The crucial difference between that event and now is that at the Apple thing, Vertigo had already been out for over half a month and we had a date for HTDAAB's release.

They were there. We must find these women STAT!!! If you look closely, I Think the one to the Edge's left is taking the new album bootleg out of his back pocket. Good work Agent 99 :wink:

:wink: Bono looks fine but Edge looks like he's taken some excitement pills...

U2's Bono, The Edge make surprise appearance

Sam’s Chowder House employees knew Thursday night they wouldn’t be serving a regular business party. Not only was the whole restaurant booked, but a large stage had to be set up in the dining room. Perhaps most striking — the event organizers demanded absolute secrecy from the restaurant employees. But employees could have never guessed who their guests for the evening were.

Thursday night around 7, a bus rolled up to the Half Moon Bay restaurant, and out stepped Bono and The Edge, the renowned frontman and lead guitarist, respectively, of the acclaimed rock band U2.

An easily recognizable international celebrity, Bono traveled with full security detail out to the Coastside to meet with his business associates at Elevation Partners, a Menlo Park investment firm specializing in the media and entertainment industry.
Bono and the Edge from U2 were at Sam's Thursday night at a private event with his business venture, Elevation Partners. Top, left to right: Leslie Martin, Bono, Denise Gernandt, Melissa Van Horbek. Above, Denise Gernandt, Leslie Martin, The Edge, Ashley Richter, Melissa Van Horbek.

As a founding partner in the firm, Bono was speaking at the restaurant before about 100 employees, investors and partners in the firm. Not directly involved in the business, The Edge reportedly was just tagging along.

A big U2 fan, restaurant manager Mollie Stickney says she was initially flabbergasted being in close contact with her heroes. But she says that shock was quickly overcome.

“U2 was probably my first concert ever, back in 1987,” Stickney said. “I was starstruck, but when I saw them I was really put at ease. They seemed like a couple of common friendly Irish blokes.”

Stickney said Bono and The Edge both spoke with a moderator before the crowd about their creative process for writing music and their upcoming album. The two musicians also played a couple of unreleased songs.

“They talked about how they work together as a team and a band, and they made a parallel to running a business and overcoming obstacles,” Stickney said. “Then they just talked about rock n’ roll.”

The two musicians casually mingled with the crowd, talking over a few glasses of wine and gin and tonics. Bono reportedly spoke for a half-hour at the patio bar with another celebrity restaurant guest — magazine publisher and two-time presidential primary candidate Steve Forbes. Elevation Partners is a minority shareholder in Forbes Media LLC.

“I was definitely trying to stand as close as I could to listen in,” said bartender and longtime-U2 fan Nate Serdy. “Maybe they were trying to save the world with their charity giving.”

Serdy said the party was an open-bar affair, so he didn’t get to see which celebrity-patron was the better tipper.

Sam’s Chowder House employees knew Thursday night they wouldn’t be serving a regular business party. Not only was the whole restaurant booked, but a large stage had to be set up in the dining room. Perhaps most striking — the event organizers demanded absolute secrecy from the restaurant employees. But employees could have never guessed who their guests for the evening were.

Thursday night around 7, a bus rolled up to the Half Moon Bay restaurant, and out stepped Bono and The Edge, the renowned frontman and lead guitarist, respectively, of the acclaimed rock band U2.

An easily recognizable international celebrity, Bono traveled with full security detail out to the Coastside to meet with his business associates at Elevation Partners, a Menlo Park investment firm specializing in the media and entertainment industry.
Bono and the Edge from U2 were at Sam's Thursday night at a private event with his business venture, Elevation Partners. Top, left to right: Leslie Martin, Bono, Denise Gernandt, Melissa Van Horbek. Above, Denise Gernandt, Leslie Martin, The Edge, Ashley Richter, Melissa Van Horbek.

As a founding partner in the firm, Bono was speaking at the restaurant before about 100 employees, investors and partners in the firm. Not directly involved in the business, The Edge reportedly was just tagging along.

A big U2 fan, restaurant manager Mollie Stickney says she was initially flabbergasted being in close contact with her heroes. But she says that shock was quickly overcome.

“U2 was probably my first concert ever, back in 1987,” Stickney said. “I was starstruck, but when I saw them I was really put at ease. They seemed like a couple of common friendly Irish blokes.”

Stickney said Bono and The Edge both spoke with a moderator before the crowd about their creative process for writing music and their upcoming album. The two musicians also played a couple of unreleased songs.

“They talked about how they work together as a team and a band, and they made a parallel to running a business and overcoming obstacles,” Stickney said. “Then they just talked about rock n’ roll.”

The two musicians casually mingled with the crowd, talking over a few glasses of wine and gin and tonics. Bono reportedly spoke for a half-hour at the patio bar with another celebrity restaurant guest — magazine publisher and two-time presidential primary candidate Steve Forbes. Elevation Partners is a minority shareholder in Forbes Media LLC.

“I was definitely trying to stand as close as I could to listen in,” said bartender and longtime-U2 fan Nate Serdy. “Maybe they were trying to save the world with their charity giving.”

Serdy said the party was an open-bar affair, so he didn’t get to see which celebrity-patron was the better tipper.

This story was already posted in the "Where The Album Has No Name" thread with pics it's also in the "Bono's in L.A." thread

My friend met Bono/Edge in 1987/88? at half moon bay, when there was nothing there, except some fishing boats. No hotels, or resorts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom