This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know what we should all be excited about?

This is no longer the new song with the least amount of posts in its dedicated thread.

Raised By Wolves has less.

You know what we should all be excited about?

This is no longer the new song with the least amount of posts in its dedicated thread.

Raised By Wolves has less.

All these songs are so close in my esteem.

This afternoon I was listening to the Deluxe Disc 2 and RBW acoustic sounded very very good!

Let's go give it some love on its thread! :love:

Well opening with it might have been less awkward than putting in between SLABT and Troubles. I think they could have easily dropped the intro and start the song with that guitar that starts at about 00:40 into the song.

Top 5 U2 material ? No.

Seriously. Listen to more music.

I do not get the love for this song. It is "ok" to me. Probably my least favorite track on the entire album. I thought it might be one that would grow on me. It just hasn't. I skip it now when I listen to the album. I enjoy the B sides more. Maybe it will be good live if they play it. :shrug:

2 best songs of the album Iris and Soldier, soldier still no live playing... I don´t know where their heads are at :|

Agreed that they're the best two songs on the album but keep in mind that the tour hasn't started yet.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I love so many songs on this album, but now after hundreds of listens I'm fairly convinced this may be the very best one. While many songs from U2's 2000's catalogue sound forced, this sounds so natural. It almost sounds too good to be new. Like a song that was always around, just never played. I don't believe they've written a song since the early 80's, that so captures their early 80's energy.

I love so many songs on this album, but now after hundreds of listens I'm fairly convinced this may be the very best one. While many songs from U2's 2000's catalogue sound forced, this sounds so natural. It almost sounds too good to be new. Like a song that was always around, just never played. I don't believe they've written a song since the early 80's, that so captures their early 80's energy.

:up::up::up:

I wonder if any other bands will make a song of this quality in their 35th year.

If they're still together in their 35th year.

This is some pretty seriously funky shit. I've just installed new speakers and have been playing the album on repeat, and while all are growing this is my favorite. Ohmygod the music is so fun but I also love the theme, the idea that U2 is the army they joined when all the rest of the world was diving into sectarian violence.

Unfortunately, there's no logic when it comes to selecting singles for U2 albums. This song, along with Invisible, California and Crystal Ballroom are absolutely evident choices for a worldwide album promotion, as they are very powerful songs.

But well, we already had Miracle as the presentation single, so there's no logic at all. And this is a huge cause for this album's irrelevance.
For me, one of the best albums of this decade, and it still doesn't have a proper single being promoted worldwide.

Back
Top Bottom