New singles collector's boxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll ask again... is this box set for 7" vinyl or CD singles? The U2 e-mail says vinyl, the box artwork says CD.

The email says 7" but I suspect they just meant CD singles like the ones they dished out for HTDAAB... old timers eh, tssk tssk

I signed up from NL. No confirmation email but a "Registration completed" page. Just to be sure, I asked a friend in Britain to sign up as well ;)

Ordered, plus I like the picture, sorta full circle :hmm:

U2259.jpg

NLOTHsinglesboxset2.jpg

They should totally sell Larry canes as part of the merch on this tour...

That's brilliant. I think this might be a first on this board. Posting in circles.

Should become common practice in my opinion

Thread One - Mysterious Ways Apreciation Thread

Thread Two - There Is a Mysterious Ways Appreciation Thread (Link Here)

anyone received their box yet? I have no idea if I'm actually GETTING one. Were people supposed to get a confirmation email if they were one of the lucky few? sorry to bump an old thread. I ordered in a copy of Boots on 7" to go in this box, but the shop never got it in. My CD copy's case was in appalling condition too so I don't have very high hopes for the 7" should it ever turn up...AIRMAIL COURTESY OF FLYING PIGS! :down:

anyone received their box yet? I have no idea if I'm actually GETTING one. Were people supposed to get a confirmation email if they were one of the lucky few? sorry to bump an old thread. I ordered in a copy of Boots on 7" to go in this box, but the shop never got it in. My CD copy's case was in appalling condition too so I don't have very high hopes for the 7" should it ever turn up...AIRMAIL COURTESY OF FLYING PIGS! :down:

Can I just say I love you for finding the right thread instead of making a new one. :love:

Got an email from U2.com about random stuff (NLOTH tomorrow, amazon.com links, etc).. unrelated to the Box set, however the only way they got my email was when i signed up for that 7" GOYB, which means that I'm at least in their system.. hopefully they've sent them out already, like they said they would on the 23rd...

Are these selling in the US?I tried to get the Boots single CD so I could have NLOTH 2 but nobody carried it.Am I understanding that this is a 4 single collectors box that will include all 4 singles from NLOTH?And if so will this box set at least be on sale in the US?Anyone know if there will be B Sides?Holy Crap 20 questions Huh.

Are these selling in the US?I tried to get the Boots single CD so I could have NLOTH 2 but nobody carried it.Am I understanding that this is a 4 single collectors box that will include all 4 singles from NLOTH?And if so will this box set at least be on sale in the US?Anyone know if there will be B Sides?Holy Crap 20 questions Huh.

Incorrect.

This is a flat-packed cardboard box which is sent, free, to people who registered for it on a website. The actual discs have to be bought separately.

picked up my Boots 7" today. They didn't bother calling to tell me it had arrived but it was in mint condition which was nice after the CD turned up in such a battered case. hoping the box arrives. If not I'll be getting rid of that 7" ;)

I am still waiting to see whether the box is for the vinyl or the CDs. It says 7" but that is a pretty esoteric format these days...

not really. Vinyl has been enjoying quite a revival over the last few years! :ohmy: Loads of new bands as well as established acts are putting singles out on 7" and quite a lot albums are still released on LPs as well as CDs and downloads. It's become quite the elite thing for teenagers too which is why NME still gives away free 7"s and stuff.

The box is for 7" singles. The email said it would hold all 4 7" singles. The catalogue number for the box is even U2BOX7. I don't know why people are still asking if it's for CDs to be honest. :huh:

not really. Vinyl has been enjoying quite a revival over the last few years! :ohmy: Loads of new bands as well as established acts are putting singles out on 7" and quite a lot albums are still released on LPs as well as CDs and downloads. It's become quite the elite thing for teenagers too which is why NME still gives away free 7"s and stuff.

The box is for 7" singles. The email said it would hold all 4 7" singles. The catalogue number for the box is even U2BOX7. I don't know why people are still asking if it's for CDs to be honest. :huh:

I know 12" vinyl is pretty popular, but I had no idea 7" was. I will have to get the 7"-ers in that case :doh:

Back
Top Bottom