Is This The Best U2 Album Ever?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, my list is way out there. NLOTH is not their best, but up there. Of course, I think there already has been 3 masterpieces counting Pop.

I also put Passengers above a lot of their mainstream stuff.

Only a dozen listens into the album. I actually took a day off work for this madness. I liked HTDAAB a lot more on first listen, but NLOTH is growing on me fast. Attyclub I was never impressed with. I remember feeling cheated going from Pop to Beautiful Day actually.

This, however, is batshit insane. In the good way.

Simply Yes!!
This is soo pure and yet so finely produced.
Its live and perfectly placed. Its just got some flat out incredible tunes.
And I do believe that every one of the guys is in top form.
This is probably going to go down as their best album.

"You don't have anything I need...I can BREATHE!!!"

I am ready to say it

I cannot stop the tears of joy as I listen this mofo of an album....

I am ready to make the declaration, here and now....

And I am a tough, stubborn bastard, hard to please

No Line On The Horizon is U2's best album.

Not just their best... Probably one of the best rock albums ever released.

It is so good it's almost hard to imagine and get my head around it, but this motherfucking album is the best U2 album ever released.

It just climbs over the top of Achtung...

This is a momentous collection of music...

The title track No Line just starts to fucken well rock hard the more you hear it, the drums from Larry are sublime...

Magnificent is a musical orgasm, the first 45 seconds is possibly the best 45 seconds of U2 music ever, it deliberately references the sounds of their entire career...

Moment of Surrender is a late night emotional journey into heaven...

Unkown Caller is God calling my name... and yours.... rise up... shout it out... password.... you... you know your name... so key it in... reboot yourself....

Boots is excellent and fun, and Stand Up Comedy has gone from 5 out of 10 to 9 out of 10 in 36 hours, it is the ginormous grower of the album, keep playing it and you will see what I mean, it has to be a single....

And then there is BREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walk out on the street with this album playing as loud as you can raise it up... Arms out.... sing your heart out.... bbbbrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaattttthhhhhhhh!!!!

This is U2's best record...

I'm not sure I can say it's their best... but wow, it just keeps getting better for me. I seriously love this album. If this fails commercially, I swear, I will lose all confidence in the human race (well, the little confidence I have left). I'm almost considering canceling my pre-order of the deluxe edition and buying five copies of the standard edition instead, to try to contribute everything I can to this album's chart success.

Enjoy those rose colored glasses as long as possible. ;)

I think it's their best album since Pop, maybe since Zooropa. But to me it's just not close to The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby.

That's weird, I could have sworn there was a thread called "Is the best U2 album ever?"

Oh, it appears I'm right. It's halfway down the FUCKING Everything You Know Is Wrong page.

The arrogance of some people who think their opinions (and in this case, a sadly hyperbolic and deluded one) are deserving of special treatment amazes me.

I bloody love it, i am enjoying it more than any other U2 album, and thats honestly, its blowing me away at the minute.

i dont give a fuck about the charts, they,re there for the likes of beyonce and lady ga ga. What i know is that this is the best album for me (tops UF and AB which used to be my equal favourites).

i dont give a fuck about the charts, they,re there for the likes of beyonce and lady ga ga. What i know is that this is the best album for me (tops UF and AB which used to be my equal favourites).

Normally, I would agree with you... but, honestly, I get a sick feeling knowing that the band probably made more off of Bomb than they will make off of NLOTH.

That's weird, I could have sworn there was a thread called "Is the best U2 album ever?"

Oh, it appears I'm right. It's halfway down the FUCKING Everything You Know Is Wrong page.

The arrogance of some people who think their opinions (and in this case, a sadly hyperbolic and deluded one) are deserving of special treatment amazes me.

Dude, chill! The guy is new obviously. It's a lot worse if a long time member creates a duplicate thread. Besides, the mods will probably merge as appropriate anyway.

I'm going to try and hold off on the rankings for a while...though I'm excited by the fact that so far I love every song on the album.

I'm really, really, really trying also to not play this one too much and get sick of it. After all, i'll probably be listening to bootlegs once the tour starts, and I don't want to be already tired of these songs. I think that's what happened with a lot of Bomb songs for me. ....it's really hard to stop though. :hyper:

That's a nice comment from a purported U2 fan as we listen to this album of love and joy. Sorry my friend, I did not set out to offend you. I am suitably repremanded, I now realise I am arrogant, opinionated, hyperbolic and deluded:wave:

Ok, back to my opinions which are more valid than the entire world's... This album is the best U2 album and I don't say this lightly.

As one of our friends above said, it is worth buying five or ten or 500 of these albums and distributing them to everyone you know.

This album will change the world, mark my words fellow interference participators. This album will change the world.

Nothing they do can ever surpass AB for me. The album is too special and it's basically a soundtrack to my growing up.

That said, NLOTH definitely ranks high up there. I was going to give it more time before I decided on it, but I realized that my opinion of songs/albums has never gone down, just up. I decide quickly whether I like something or not.

On par with JT... maybe. I've heard the songs on JT so many times that I've grown slightly tired of them. So right now, I prefer NLOTH.

That's a nice comment from a purported U2 fan as we listen to this album of love and joy. Sorry my friend, I did not set out to offend you. I am suitably repremanded, I now realise I am arrogant, opinionated, hyperbolic and deluded:wave:

Ok, back to my opinions which are more valid than the entire world's... This album is the best U2 album and I don't say this lightly.

As one of our friends above said, it is worth buying five or ten or 500 of these albums and distributing them to everyone you know.

This album will change the world, mark my words fellow interference participators. This album will change the world.
Don't worry about him. Welcome to Interference. This thread will probably be merged, but that's hardly a reason to lash out like he did.
I still haven't heard it. Anyone....please? And thanks.:wave:

biffers@gmail.com
I would if I had an active link... but I don't. Sorry.

I think it's their best album since Pop, maybe since Zooropa. But to me it's just not close to The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby.

Keep listening my friend, keep listening, it gets better and better....:drool:

I agree with people who are struggling to accept it is close to Achtung, I still don't quite believe it, but yes, yes, yes, it gets there eventually.

Were you raised by wolves? (And rude ones at that.) Come on, be polite.

Im ready to say... that its their best since All That You Cant Leave Behind :wink:

And Ive grown to love ATYCLB, so that is not a putdown. I cant say its their best ever. But its around #5 currently, and it doesnt need to be #1 for me. Its just really damn good.

Hahaha rose clored glasses are quite tricky, once you see the light. :hyper:

I reallly love ths album. The only fear I've got It's going down because I know my first reaction to HTDAAB.

Back
Top Bottom