Insider U2 news!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Coldplay was responsible for any small portion of Viva la Vida from a creative standpoint then they are in no way finished. I hope it wasn't Eno doing all the innovating... and that's my only concern on the Coldplay front.

And yes, worst album title ever.

That's a great point. The sound/music on the new Coldplay record is just so amazing compared to their previous works (I'm a big Coldplay fan). I think the songs and lyrics just don't stand up with "Rush of Blood to the Head" and "Parachutes", but it's still a fuckin great record.

That's a great point. The sound/music on the new Coldplay record is just so amazing compared to their previous works (I'm a big Coldplay fan). I think the songs and lyrics just don't stand up with "Rush of Blood to the Head" and "Parachutes", but it's still a fuckin great record.

That pretty much sums up my feelings about the new Coldplay.

The main difference between U2 and Coldplay's career paths is that while both started off pretty strong, 3 to 4 albums into there careers U2 was undeniable better, while Coldplay is struggling to reach the heights they set with there 1st 2 albums. It's a shame really since Coldplay had so much potential. I still hope they can return to greatness but it seems less and less likely.

First little reviews from the songs!

Message des forums

U can read if u understand French the 1st reviews from 6 or 7 songs from the new album....yesterday some lucky ones have heard some new songs very clearly at Eze beach for the birthday of the Edge....no innovations from the new songs it seems...songs heard are in the vein (but better) of "Walk on" , vertigo, Stuck in the moment...!

:hmm::doh::hmm:

Message des forums

U can read if u understand French the 1st reviews from 6 or 7 songs from the new album....yesterday some lucky ones have heard some new songs very clearly at Eze beach for the birthday of the Edge....no innovations from the new songs...songs heard are in the vein (but better) of "Walk on" , vertigo, Stuck in the moment...!

:hmm::doh::hmm:

wow, this is some pretty big news....we need some translators in here :hyper:

it said that the 6 or 7 songs heard are not so inovative, sounded just like ATYCLB and HTDAAB with a "little better" songwritting

one song is kinda vertigo-ish, played loud for Mr Edge 's bday

it said that the 6 or 7 songs heard are not very inovative, same mood as ATYCLB and HTDAAB with a "little better" songwritting

one song is kinda vertigo-ish, played loud for Mr Edge 's bday

:hmm:

not very innovative eh? Well.... that's a little disappointing :sad:

then why the fuck did Lanois call it one of U2's great innovative records.......ok I'm jumping to conclusions....sorry :reject:

not so inovative doesn't mean crap...they could very well have kept the same "sound" but done better songs
people on the beach were quite enthousiatic with the preview they heard

not so inovative doesn't mean crap...they could very well have kept the same "sound" but done better songs
people on the beach were quite enthousiatic with the preview they heard

....but as always the group ...Lanois & people who worked on the new album said BULLSHITS when they used the word INOVATIVE & NEW SOUNDS for the new Album.....they can use other words like ..great album....good songs ....etc...!

:huh:

....but as always the group ...Lanois & people who worked on the new album said BULLSHITS when they used the word INOVATIVE & NEW SOUNDS for the new Album.....they can use other words like ..great album....good songs ....etc...!

:huh:
i would say there's always the same kind of super-hype-b***sh*t surrounding the release of one album, especialy since 2000, days of worlwwideweb extra anticipation

but those fragging songs are pretty cool aren't they? :wink:

it said that the 6 or 7 songs heard are not so inovative, sounded just like ATYCLB and HTDAAB with a "little better" songwritting

it doesn't say that at all... :eyebrow:

poster's impressions of song which appears to be the single: "mixture of vertigo in terms of rhythm and Lady with the spinning head in terms of main guitar sound (with a hint of Acrobat)." poster says "i'm not saying it sounds exactly like all that, but it's just the vibe"

poster says "Moment of surrender starts like Stuck but ends 1000 times better"

also says "wasnt over-revolutionary but there were new sounds for a U2 album"

seems the fans that heard the songs loved them all...

poster's impressions of song which appears to be the single: "mixture of vertigo in terms of rhythm and Lady with the spinning head in terms of main guitar sound (with a hint of Acrobat)." poster says "i'm not saying it sounds exactly like all that, but it's just the vibe"

This is extremely encouraging! Could you provide a full translation?

depends on one poster from another...one says that some songs are similar to Walk On and Vertigo...and slimongi warned that all the hype concerning eventual breakthrough from the 2 previous record is bsht

and that particular poster is an extremly reliable person :wave:

I could translate the whole thing except I can't access the forum, even though I'm registered. Anyone cares to post the whole French message here and then those of us who speak it can translate?

Hey hey dear *r***, see you on u2achtung.

I hoped someone among your group recorded some songs and would have post them here... GRRR!

Larry's birthday is on 31st october, don't want to wait until this date for new beach clips!:drool:

depends on one poster from another...one says that some songs are similar to Walk On and Vertigo...

the comment about Walk On was by a poster who hadnt actually heard the new songs and was in response to the other posts, and was simply saying how songs like Walk On and Vertigo were U2's signature sound kind of thing...

yeah i know ;)

This is extremely encouraging! Could you provide a full translation?

hi! i will whizz thru and translate just the main poster's comments (the one who heard the songs) as obviously there's a lot of discussion and reactions going on there by people who haven't heard the songs yet...

just so as to avoid any confusion...

:)

I could translate the whole thing except I can't access the forum, even though I'm registered. Anyone cares to post the whole French message here and then those of us who speak it can translate?

no worries
i think our friend may post one here sooner or later :wink:

Ok great, because I actually have to go now, just thought I'd offer my service as a native French speaker, but I can't see the damn message!

ok... here goes... just translating what i see - i don't take any responsibility for opinions/accuracy of content/titles/information therein blah blah disclaimer lmfao ;)

Poster’s first post: “Blimey! Well i don’t know about the album but the single pretty much blows your head off! They cranked up the cd at 10.30pm for The Edge’s bday in Eze, followed by fireworks over the water. Those who want rock (without clochettes ??) [translator’s note: “little bells”?? not sure i’m missing something here?? but havent got time to check properly] will love this song, a mixture of vertigo in terms of rhythm and Lady with the spinning head in terms of main guitar sound (with a hint of Acrobat). i'm not saying it sounds exactly like all that, but it's just the vibe.
Just listened once but it's looking good!”

in response to question re. innovation: “I can’t really say if it’s innovative, I’m not so sure, but it was only the single.”

another post by same poster: “4th listening... title... Sexy Boots, which Bono keeps saying over and over.”

another post by same poster: “another song now, the one with Surrender i think in the title. Superb ballad. Really! A bolt from the blue/bombshell [translator's note: poster says “une bombe” but i havent got time to think too hard or check properly so sorry if my translation doesnt make sense!]! Quite innovative.
Sorry i havent got a recording device.”

another post by same poster: “4 songs, and not a hint of clochettes [translator's note: these damn “little bells” again...?]. But good guitar parts just how we love them.”

another post by same poster: “And a 5th song! "if i don't go crazy" in the lyrics. I think the title might be the one with "change of heart".”

same poster again: “heard 7 tracks and quick snippets from 2 others tonight. Moment of surrender starts like Stuck but ends 1000 times better.
.... The tracks we heard really sound good.”

last post: “will come back to this point when i’ve got more time. But re. “innovation”, i wanted to say what we heard wasnt over-revolutionary but there were new sounds for a U2 album...”

Mama Cass, I love you! xxxx

Really pumped about this album now - that's a great report especially of the first single.

However: "Sexy Boots"????

i would not be surprised if the album had the same sound as thier last two albums, "atyclb and bomb" especially with the success coldplay has had with the new album i think u2 will stick to this simple sound.(soft,pop rock)
i think they(u2) rather sell alot of records than make something good or challenging.(considering the NEWS is true and not some bs) ok ill go throw up now.

Back
Top Bottom