I Have Heard The Album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
......and it is good.......

actually, I did tonight!!!:wave:

Without going into too many details, yeah, I have a friend from long ago that engineered the NY sessions last fall....I've mentioned this before. I don't want to say too much about him. We're starting to become close again and anyway he invited me to the city (NYC) for dinner and we met at the studio and he surprised me with a "want to hear the U2 album"?

and of course I was like "HELL YEAH!!!".

I did not ask too many questions, because I want to stay on his good side for buisness reasons. But let me say he played me about 2 minutes of each song, (which you could say is actually NOT hearing the whole record of course).
But comparing with the WM clips.....wow.

The songs are really good. I'm not willing to jump to "3rd masterpiece" because as I say, it was only 2 minutes each song. But it is really good.

I tried to remember as much as possible, but let me say: it does at times remind me of Peter Gabriel, and as I've actually said before, Sting. But in a U2/Passengers way.
I wonder about the writing credits, becase the Eno stamp is all over it.....Edge did not play all those keyboards......

Anyway,
NLOTH: reminds me of "Come Talk To Me" from Peter Gabriel.
Awesome.

Magnificent: UF with Morrocan drums.
Awesome.

MOS:
slinky funk ballad; reminds me most of Sting's "Brand New Day Album"...
Bono's vocal deliery is totally off the cuff.

UC:
Intro is the best since Streets....I almost teared up during it.....long intro, then the verse from the beach clip kicked in.... then he stopped it. Did not hear the Edge solo at the end.:sad:

Crazy:
A great tune as far as I can tell. Kind of like a SIAMYCGOO but with a nice funk groove. Way better than said previous tune.

Boots:
I still don't like it.

SUC:
the Zepplein riff is not on the WM clips.....it's a cool tune, but not my favorite.

Fez:
Passengers. Eno all ove the place; when it kicked in, my friend stoppped it...

WAS:
chilling, just like snow.
the music fits the title perfectly, more so than any U2 song in the last 10 years.

Breathe:
unlikely intro....I wasn;t crazy about this from the beach clip, but it's shaped up nicely. I still don't like the groove, but must concede they did a great job with it.

Cedars:
only heard 30 seconds...not enough to comment, but seems cool.

I'm pretty pumped for this album, but will refrain from any praise until we hear the whole thing.

BTW, my friend is working with Lanois on his next project....will keep y'all posted.

ok. now i am really really scared. the NLOTH album version sounds like peter gabriel? no. that couldn´t be serious. i mean, the b-side rocks totally..and as it could be possible that they also open with that song LIVE, it really need to rock. but the sound of gabriel didn´t rock for me.

and i also don´t want to U2 turn world music meets rock. i mean...guys...it´s ok that they prove theirself etc. but is world music the right direction? probably eno got too much influence.

Calm down. The boys have said they are not into "musical tourism", but when you are writing and recording someplace (any place!), the culture and environment influences your music -- no way of getting out of that. Being in America ---> JT. Getting back to Europe, Germany, etc --> AB + Zooropa. Even Morocco, like this time around. Mysterious Ways anyone?

I think we'll survive.

Easy does it folks. This is gonna sound like totally different shit to everyone that hears it. Until the rest of us have the fortunate chance to hear it, lets just take the opinions for what they are and take the ride. :up:

ok. now i am really really scared. the NLOTH album version sounds like peter gabriel? no. that couldn´t be serious. i mean, the b-side rocks totally..and as it could be possible that they also open with that song LIVE, it really need to rock. but the sound of gabriel didn´t rock for me.

and i also don´t want to U2 turn world music meets rock. i mean...guys...it´s ok that they prove theirself etc. but is world music the right direction? probably eno got too much influence.

I'm gonna thow a fit if you insult Peter Gabriel!!!

I have an honest heartfelt letter dedicated to bono and the boys about the volunteer work my brother and i have in honor of them over the past 3 years...anyone know where i can direct it?

U2 sounding like Peter Gabriel sounds damn alright to me! I'll take that anyday over Bow Wow Wow as a reference point.

But let me say he played me about 2 minutes of each song

and then

only heard 30 seconds...not enough to comment, but seems cool

also

is a little to much that u heard more than anybody else i could write ur review as well from listening to the 45 sec. and 2 complete songs of NOLTH and Boots.

so no real proove that u really heard the album.

Fez would be the proof song....but u heard nothing than anybody else so....in result u didn´t heard it.....sorry can´t believe u:down:

and then

also

is a little to much that u heard more than anybody else i could write ur review as well from listening to the 45 sec. and 2 complete songs of NOLTH and Boots.

Fez would be the proof song....but u heard nothing than anybody else so....in result u didn´t heard it.....sorry can´t believe u:down:

word!

and then

also

Except we know he's in the business and is a respected regular here :down:

and then

also

You suck.

......and it is good.......

actually, I did tonight!!!:wave:

Without going into too many details, yeah, I have a friend from long ago that engineered the NY sessions last fall....I've mentioned this before. I don't want to say too much about him. We're starting to become close again and anyway he invited me to the city (NYC) for dinner and we met at the studio and he surprised me with a "want to hear the U2 album"?

and of course I was like "HELL YEAH!!!".

I did not ask too many questions, because I want to stay on his good side for buisness reasons. But let me say he played me about 2 minutes of each song, (which you could say is actually NOT hearing the whole record of course).
But comparing with the WM clips.....wow.

The songs are really good. I'm not willing to jump to "3rd masterpiece" because as I say, it was only 2 minutes each song. But it is really good.

I tried to remember as much as possible, but let me say: it does at times remind me of Peter Gabriel, and as I've actually said before, Sting. But in a U2/Passengers way.
I wonder about the writing credits, becase the Eno stamp is all over it.....Edge did not play all those keyboards......

Anyway,
NLOTH: reminds me of "Come Talk To Me" from Peter Gabriel.
Awesome.

Magnificent: UF with Morrocan drums.
Awesome.

MOS:
slinky funk ballad; reminds me most of Sting's "Brand New Day Album"...
Bono's vocal deliery is totally off the cuff.

UC:
Intro is the best since Streets....I almost teared up during it.....long intro, then the verse from the beach clip kicked in.... then he stopped it. Did not hear the Edge solo at the end.:sad:

Crazy:
A great tune as far as I can tell. Kind of like a SIAMYCGOO but with a nice funk groove. Way better than said previous tune.

Boots:
I still don't like it.

SUC:
the Zepplein riff is not on the WM clips.....it's a cool tune, but not my favorite.

Fez:

WAS:
chilling, just like snow.
the music fits the title perfectly, more so than any U2 song in the last 10 years.

Breathe:
unlikely intro....I wasn;t crazy about this from the beach clip, but it's shaped up nicely. I still don't like the groove, but must concede they did a great job with it.

Cedars:
only heard 30 seconds...not enough to comment, but seems cool.

I'm pretty pumped for this album, but will refrain from any praise until we hear the whole thing.

BTW, my friend is working with Lanois on his next project....will keep y'all posted.

great stuff JOFO!

I dont like Boots either so this could just be a pleasuretrip again :)

Back
Top Bottom