Houston, we have a problem...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Yo

New Yorker
U2 scrap work and start again

By WENN world entertainment news - Friday, April 25 10:35 am

Rockers U2 are scrapping all the tracks they have written for their next album to start all over again - ditching a year's worth of work.

The band has been working on the follow up to 2004 LP How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb for the past 12 months, but they're far from happy with the results.

Guitarist The Edge reveals bandmembers have mostly messed around in the studio - and they have now decided to get stuck in and finish the record.

He tells CMUMusic.com, "We went into this project allowing ourselves the indulgence of making music without thinking about where it was going to end up. We're starting to get serious now".

they took that quote completely out of context. and of course, i doubt that they'll release a statement regarding it since its such bullshit..... hopefully!

GirlsAloudFan said:
Oy with the poodles already!!!

:scratch: What?

Everytime I see this thread title, this is what I'm singing...

Houston is filled with promise
Laredo is a beautiful place...

GirlsAloudFan said:
Oy with the poodles already!!!

(Sorry about that guys....it's a lame reference to an old TV show that I love. And Zoots, I also thought of the R.E.M. song when I first read the thread title.)

Back on topic....

Sooooo how about that new U2 album? I hear it's gonna be a masterpiece!!! :wink:

So.. is this a joke (like they took the interview from 2003 and filled in the blanks?) or is this actually confirmed??

If its confirmed i'm about to go crazy. They were playing the dam fucking song 8 times to a guest! This is 2003 all over again, its like them ditching a native son song, for a poppy sing-a-long vertigo....

This can't be confirmed, it just isn't happening this time, i know it.

Last edited:
Yup it's happening all over again. They're gonna abandon Marrakesh for Love Is All We Have Left (LIAWHL). :wink:

hmm....thank god we have the bootleg from the "Save The Whalers" show they played last month to hold us over.

Last edited:
Visiongfx said:
So.. is this a joke (like they took the interview from 2003 and filled in the blanks?) or is this actually confirmed??

If its confirmed i'm about to go crazy. They were playing the dam fucking song 8 times to a guest! This is 2003 all over again, its like them ditching a native son song, for a poppy sing-a-long vertigo....

This can't be confirmed, it just isn't happening this time, i know it.

No, this is not confirmed news from U2. their claim is baseless, which is why the only quote frrom the band they used to prove it still did not imply what they were saying in the least. They just took a quote from Edge (implicating progress) completely out of context and made up a story for it. If you want to hear some news of a different nature, read the 'news from HQ' thread.

And btw, as for Native Son vs. Vertigo, I personally don't think Vertigo is any more poppy than Native Son (dude, the music is pretty much the same, and the lyrics aren't really any more poetic). Also, I can fairly assure you that if you had heard Native Son as many times as you have Vertigo, you would have pretty much the same opinion of the two but in reverse. Following bootlegs and videos religiously can have its downsides. :wink:

I'm sure this isnt true. Why dont we wait to hear from an official site (u2.com) before we assume everything we read on the internet is true.

I'm also sure that if this were real news, we would have already had it posted in our news section.

Should this news become 'official' a new thread can be started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom