First photo-shoots are done!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vibe90

The Fly
Hi guys,
I just found this at @u2.com:

Melanie Finn

Supergroup U2 may be the biggest Irish popstars on the planet right now -- but they're still true-blue Dubs at heart.

For the first photoshoot for their eagerly-awaited 12th new album, the Diary can reveal how they chose the salubrious surroundings of none other than Dollymount Beach.

Not far from their former Clontarf alma mater of Mount Temple Comprehensive, where they all met, the famous foursome got back to their roots for the publicity shots.

And when it came to having their tresses tended for the shoot for their new album, they called on their old pal, celebrity hairdresser Dylan Bradshaw.

But forget about them demanding any wacky top-of-the-range styles -- Dylan explained how they're actually short back and sides kind of guys.

"At the end of the day, they're just four Irish blokes and they would never ask for anything too off-the-wall or trendy so they all just wanted a basic cut.

"The thing is, they're all so busy that everything is done really fast.

"They literally jet in, get together and jet off again and do their own thing," he explained.

Clearly a U2 fan himself, he went on to say how he heard three of the tracks from their new album - and said it "blew him away".

"They're more-or-less finished the whole album now. There's one or two songs they have to lay down but apart from that they're done so they were telling me how they're probably going to take the rest of the summer off," he continued.

"They're also hoping to tour again next year on the back of the new album."

(c) Evening Herald, 2008.

I took that as.. the diary of their journey to the new album, not actually the name of the album.

Dollymount, courtesy of Google:

1806336308_1128ecead8.jpg

136328613_c315e15a5b.jpg

Dollymount.jpg

55889087.DollymountBeachBW.jpg

Ok, I read the article again. I think "the Diary" is the name of that section of the paper. Take a look at page, the next article says, "the diary asks...", plus they have a section of "The Diary Photos".

Actually, by writing "the Diary can reveal how they chose..," I assume that "The Diary" is the name of the column in the newspaper. :shrug:

ETA---yeah, as BVS points out

I took that as.. the diary of their journey to the new album, not actually the name of the album.

Exactly. If the album name were The Diary, there would be an extra comma and "we" in the following sentence:

"For the first photoshoot for their eagerly-awaited 12th new album, the Diary, we can reveal how they chose the salubrious surroundings of none other than Dollymount Beach."

Were getting close :hyper:

I hope there is some color in these photos. Come to think of it, U2 loves the B&W photo. :hmm:

Another beautiful yet barren and desolate landscape! :hyper:

The below picture is not U2 but, I think, an accurate representation of the album cover. Note the blurry images and lack of light on the subject :wink:

Dollymount20photo.jpg

I love the tittle-tattle, but isn't anyone else frustrated at how the article focussed on the hair styles (a short back and sides is 'so what'!?!) and said nothing about what the new album sounded like?

i sort of expect hair talk of their hair dresser
as i expect lanois to commend about music and not adam's style of shoes

And where's Anton? :ohmy:

Being a graphic designer (student) I can't wait to see the new album artwork.
I'm also hoping for some good music as well! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom