EDGE appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try FEZ- Being Born! The last 30 seconds, when he's playing, it lifts the song. It's simple, yet :drool:

very true.
what annoys me with his guitarplaying nowadays is that Unknow caller for instance has the same notes as peace on earth. Nothing happens there literally.
magnificent for instance is a great riff and uplifting and breath I really like.

curious to see how he will pull off the more textured sounds live without making it sounds empty.

It is not possible to dislike the Edge. My wife hates U2 and can't stand it when I listen to them (which is often). She thinks Larry and Adam are creepy and Bono is annoying but thinks the Edge is "pretty cool."

Sorry to be a bit off-topic but i just hear that The Edge is going to be on Edith Bowmans Radio 1 show later. Not sure what it's about, just a heads up.

Best solo definately UC.

UC and MOS are great Edge moment. Love that man's minimalistic, subtle, still strong and characteristic style. On the album, all band members are in great form :up:

i actually think that besides the Unknown Caller and Breathe solo's, The Edge sounds more like he's truly a compliment to a great rhythm section and unbelievable vocals for a change, and this is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom