PLEBA Misc U2 News and Articles #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BRIAN ENO - ENO'S TERROR OVER U2/COLDPLAY MIX-UP

19 January 2010 19:06

Legendary producer BRIAN ENO was nervous about working with U2 and COLDPLAY at the same time, because he feared he would mix up the recordings and make both bands sound the same.
The hitmaker teamed up with Chris Martin's group to record their last album, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, and also headed to the studio with U2 to work on No Line On The Horizon.
The time schedules for the records left Eno juggling work on both, and he was so worried about getting the two groups confused he insisted on using separate computer files for all of the songs.
He tells BBC TV show Arena, "I felt like a philanderer who was with another woman and might make a slip and call her by the wrong name in bed.
"I had one computer that had all of the Coldplay stuff and all the U2 stuff. I had to very carefully label each folder because I was paranoid that I might end up with the same basic track for each group and I wouldn't notice until it was too late."

Brian Eno - Eno's Terror Over U2/Coldplay Mix-Up - Contactmusic News

He better not be implying that the two bands sound anything alike...

:wink:

Jay-Z To Perform With U2 In Earthquake Fundraiser
1/20/2010 12:24 PM ET

(RTTNews) - Jay-Z will be a headliner at George Clooney's Hope for Haiti telethon on Friday in an effort to raise money for the victims of last week's earthquake.

The rapper will perform with U2 at the event, which will have locations in London, New York and Los Angeles.

Jay-Z and U2 are scheduled to perform in London on Friday. Major U.S. broadcasters, including ABC, NBC and CBS - as well as MTV in the U.K. - are expected to air the event without commercial interruption.

U2, Jay-Z Are One for Haiti - E! Online
Sometimes you can't make it on your own, especially in the midst of a catastrophe. Enter U2 and Jay-Z.

The Edge announced Wednesday that he and bandmates Bono, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. joined forces with Hova last week to write and record a quickie charity song that will benefit relief efforts in earthquake-ravaged Haiti.

The guitarist told an Irish radio station that producer Swizz Beats contacted him and said he and Jay-Z "wanted to do something for Haiti."

"So Bono came up with the phrase on the phone and last night we were here, we wrote a song, finished, recorded, and sent it back to them," said Edge. "So that might be the next thing you hear from us."

No word yet when the untitled single will hit the airwaves, but no doubt it will be out soon given the urgency of the unfolding disaster in the Caribbean nation. The rapper and Bono are also expected to share the stage in London as part of George Clooney's two-hour all-star Hope for Haiti telethon, which will air on all major TV networks including E!.

Meanwhile, Rihanna is releasing via iTunes her cover of Bob Marley's anthem "Redemption Song" that she performed on Wednesday's The Oprah Winfrey Show, with money raised going to organizations helping Haiti's victims including the Red Cross, UNICEF, Oxfam America and Partners in Health. Netizens can also purchase the track at Rihannanow.com or Oprah.com.

Now, my biggest question is are we only going to see Bono & Edge? Or all four members? I vote we get all of 'em! It would make me a very happy kitteh. :love:

1/20/2010 12:24 PM ET

(RTTNews) - Jay-Z will be a headliner at George Clooney's Hope for Haiti telethon on Friday in an effort to raise money for the victims of last week's earthquake.

The rapper will perform with U2 at the event, which will have locations in London, New York and Los Angeles.

Jay-Z and U2 are scheduled to perform in London on Friday. Major U.S. broadcasters, including ABC, NBC and CBS - as well as MTV in the U.K. - are expected to air the event without commercial interruption.

U2, Jay-Z Are One for Haiti - E! Online
Sometimes you can't make it on your own, especially in the midst of a catastrophe. Enter U2 and Jay-Z.

The Edge announced Wednesday that he and bandmates Bono, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. joined forces with Hova last week to write and record a quickie charity song that will benefit relief efforts in earthquake-ravaged Haiti.

The guitarist told an Irish radio station that producer Swizz Beats contacted him and said he and Jay-Z "wanted to do something for Haiti."

"So Bono came up with the phrase on the phone and last night we were here, we wrote a song, finished, recorded, and sent it back to them," said Edge. "So that might be the next thing you hear from us."

No word yet when the untitled single will hit the airwaves, but no doubt it will be out soon given the urgency of the unfolding disaster in the Caribbean nation. The rapper and Bono are also expected to share the stage in London as part of George Clooney's two-hour all-star Hope for Haiti telethon, which will air on all major TV networks including E!.

Meanwhile, Rihanna is releasing via iTunes her cover of Bob Marley's anthem "Redemption Song" that she performed on Wednesday's The Oprah Winfrey Show, with money raised going to organizations helping Haiti's victims including the Red Cross, UNICEF, Oxfam America and Partners in Health. Netizens can also purchase the track at Rihannanow.com or Oprah.com.

Now, my biggest question is are we only going to see Bono & Edge? Or all four members? I vote we get all of 'em! It would make me a very happy kitteh. :love:

I think we'll get all four...thanks for this new info. Can't wait to hear the charity single.

I find it funny how it was only Bono first and now it's suddenly all four of them.

I think only Bono and Edge have been confirmed, though.

THIS explains why U2 + hiphop DO NOT MIX.
Jay-Z, Rihanna, Bono to Perform on 'Hope for Haiti' Telethon - The Boombox

Uber producer Swizz Beatz stirred up a small frenzy on the Net this past weekend when he declared via Twitter that the public should look out for a collaboration between himself, Jay-Z and U2 frontman Bono to support the pressing Haiti relief effort. After a bit of suspense, MTV announced yesterday (Jan. 19) that Jay-Z, Bono, and U2 drummer The Edge would join a new roster of celebrities on their 'Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief' program, which will be the most widely distributed telethon in history. The two-hour program will broadcast live Friday, Jan. 22 at 8PM EST on every major television network and will be distributed internationally, as well as across several media platforms. Facebook and MySpace will be the official social media sponsors of the program, in an effort to direct users and donations to the telethon.

Jay-Z and Rihanna will join Bono and The Edge for a special performance in London, while Alicia Keys, John Legend, Stevie Wonder and Justin Timberlake will perform from Los Angeles. "Bono got a call from a producer, Swizz." The Edge told Ireland's 2FM. "He and Jay-Z wanted to do something for Haiti. So, Bono came up with the phrase on the phone, and last night we wrote a song - finished, recorded, and sent it back to them."
Since the telethon was originally announced, the lineup has multiplied to include more than 100 celebrities such as Bruce Springsteen, Taylor Swift, Coldplay, Shakira, Mary J. Blige and Jennifer Hudson. The telethon will be hosted by Wyclef Jean broadcasting from Haiti, Anderson Cooper broadcasting from New York and George Clooney from Los Angeles.

Donations from the two-hour telethon will benefit Wyclef's Yele Haiti Foundation, UNICEF, Red Cross, Partners in Health, Oxfam America, and the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund and United Nations World Food Programme. All profits will be split evenly among the organizations.

AOL, in addition to fellow online streaming Web sites YouTube and MTV.com, will also feed the telethon live. The two-hour special airs commercial free on Friday at 8PM, on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, BET, HBO, MTV, VH1 and several other channels.

I am officially afraid now. Can I has my The Larry Mullen Band shirt now? :reject:

From MUCH LOVE TO BONO HIS PART IS DONE NOW ITS SHOWTIME! IT IS A ... on Twitpic
58689325.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom