Magnificent cover picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:drool:

magnificentbonosm-1.jpg

Thanks for trying tho! I'm going to convert it to an avi and upload it if anyone wants it.

:wave: BC, been trying to figure out how to dl it, thought I had it, but I don't :lol:

Would love to get this from you; what format do you have it in at the moment b/c I may be interested in having it in that instead of avi.

It's a flash video .flv

(I have to upload the flv anyways before I convert so I can post that link as well)

No problem :) I'd upload it to you tube but I better not, they've slapped me enough times for copyright infringement:wink:
I'll have it soon.

Thanks bonocomet, but why is the flash video so big? Aren't they much smaller normally?

Yes, I'm in the middle of the forest, on a very snow wireless connection. :|

Sorry I don't know, it's downloaded directly from u2.com. (It does play full screen in good quality, not sure if that has anything to do with it though)

Sorry I don't know, it's downloaded directly from u2.com. (It does play full screen in good quality, not sure if that has anything to do with it though)

Nevermind, I found it. Thank you so much! :)

I have no idea why I couldn't watch it on u2.com. It only gave me a download message, but when I clicked ok, nothing happened.

It's also on You Tube, but they used the Live version from the Letterman show and not the original audio to go with the video.

Btw, I LOVE the behind the scenes video, it's :drool:

And Magnificent, I love the song soooo much, it's really lifting my spirits up.

That there Stratocaster is a 1998 Eric Clapton Stratocaster. The only thing missing to make it more Edge-like is the snake and skeleton graphic painted on it. The Clapton comes with the `50's style all white pickguard but that was boring so I went with the white pearl. Sexy, no? :D

The Explorer is not mere an Explorer it's the 'real deal', 1976 Gibson Limited Edition Explorer - same make-model-vintage as The Edge's.

Melissa bought me that. She'd remembered an old story I told her. She was looking through my old U2 magazines. This was around 1992. She Edge on the cover of the 1985 Guitar Player magazine. She said: Edge had hair?! Gotta laugh outta that. I said: Yep. And if I ever learn to play guitar, I want one of 'those' (pointing out the Explorer in Edge's hands). Shoot to 2003... I go to Marin to visit her parents. I didn't know Melissa would be there. While we'd not dated since 1997, we are still the best of friends. So while at her parents I hear the front door open - it was Melissa. She asked me to help get her bags from the cab. I went outside and she pulled the first bag out, leaving a guitarcase for me to pull out. I asked: Ummm, what is that? She said: You'll see! Bring it inside, I want my mom to see the look on your face. I answered with a puzzled: huh??? We got inside and I opened the case to see the Explorer inside and a copy of the 1985 Guitar Player magazine (that she'd obained somewhere)... on the magazine was a post it note that said "You mean like THIS guitar"? 10+ years later and she remembered a conversation that even I'd forgotten about. Needless to say, I was overjoyed.

...Oh yeah, and don't think she was richly rewarded! I think the Coach purse and wallet were a good start.

Oh man, I would've been absolutely shocked to find that! And yes that pearl pickguard spices things up a bit, I guess you could say! Thanks for that great story!:applaud:

Not really on topic, but I nearly wet myself laughing when I saw what my browser download bar thought of that video......

aintitjust.jpg

Ain't it just! All 4 of them :D

Teddy

Not really on topic, but I nearly wet myself laughing when I saw what my browser download bar thought of that video......

aintitjust.jpg

Teddy

Lol , I bet Edge has healed from his Nobutticus-virus then.
Magnificent-behind.:lol:

aintitjust.jpg

Teddy

Same old Teddy...! (Time and distance has not changed our mutual mindworks).

Miss you; glad I still see you pop up around here from time to time.

Same old Teddy...! (Time and distance has not changed our mutual mindworks).

Miss you; glad I still see you pop up around here from time to time.

Oh, I'm still around, just not much these days! I got me a ree-sponsibubble job these days, y'know! Real Life and all that. I don't think the mind-set ever goes away: once a connoisseur of magnificent behinds, always a connoisseur!

Drop me a PM or drop into the Powder Room some time!

Teddy

PS apologies to all for the OT greetings; me and the Daisy have history elsewhere!

That there Stratocaster is a 1998 Eric Clapton Stratocaster. The only thing missing to make it more Edge-like is the snake and skeleton graphic painted on it. The Clapton comes with the `50's style all white pickguard but that was boring so I went with the white pearl. Sexy, no? :D

The Explorer is not mere an Explorer it's the 'real deal', 1976 Gibson Limited Edition Explorer - same make-model-vintage as The Edge's.

Melissa bought me that. She'd remembered an old story I told her. She was looking through my old U2 magazines. This was around 1992. She Edge on the cover of the 1985 Guitar Player magazine. She said: Edge had hair?! Gotta laugh outta that. I said: Yep. And if I ever learn to play guitar, I want one of 'those' (pointing out the Explorer in Edge's hands). Shoot to 2003... I go to Marin to visit her parents. I didn't know Melissa would be there. While we'd not dated since 1997, we are still the best of friends. So while at her parents I hear the front door open - it was Melissa. She asked me to help get her bags from the cab. I went outside and she pulled the first bag out, leaving a guitarcase for me to pull out. I asked: Ummm, what is that? She said: You'll see! Bring it inside, I want my mom to see the look on your face. I answered with a puzzled: huh??? We got inside and I opened the case to see the Explorer inside and a copy of the 1985 Guitar Player magazine (that she'd obained somewhere)... on the magazine was a post it note that said "You mean like THIS guitar"? 10+ years later and she remembered a conversation that even I'd forgotten about. Needless to say, I was overjoyed.

...Oh yeah, and don't think she was richly rewarded! I think the Coach purse and wallet were a good start.

Wow! Amazing story. I hope you held onto this woman. And yes a pearloid pickguard always livens things up, I traded the boring white for a pearl on my tele and now everyone asks if it's custom shop.

Back
Top Bottom