All I want in life is to be serenaded by Bono.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshuatree

The Fly
When I looked at the U2 tour dates a month ago and saw that they would be playing at Scott Stadium in Charlottesville, 5 minutes from where I live, I was THRILLED! I got my GA ticket on U2.com presale. I plan on getting in line at 3 or 4am so that I get as close to the stage as possible.

It is my ultimate dream to get pulled up on stage by Bono. I think I've seen every video where he has done this. Does anybody have any tricks/tips to catch Bono's eye? Should I make a sign? I plan on being very crafty/creative to make my dream come true.

Thank you for any advice. I'm sure you Bono fans can understand my intense desire...it would truly make me the happiest girl alive!

I would do anything for that myself :faint: I don`t know what to do to catch Bono`s eye,being as this will be my first ever U2 concert...

Yeah I watched a video last night were he pulled a girl on stage during With or Without You and I cried,and I don`t normally cry for things,but that I did,it was a combination of jealousy :giggle: and the thought of what it would be like for Bono to actually want me beside him :sigh:...

Whatever you do, don't get in the way of other people at the show. What I mean is, I'm getting rather sick of fangirls wearing HUGE hats that obstruct everyone's view, or waving around feather boas in our faces, or making monstrous signs and then freaking out when someone bumps into it as we are herded like cattle onto the floor in a mad stampeed. I'm not saying I wouldn't be thrilled to be pulled up or that I haven't fantasized about it, but if that's why you're going to the show you will get plenty of eye rolls from other fans in line. That's just the way it is. I might as well tell you now, you will not be taken seriously.

I love the band, I'm pretty fanatical about it, and I'll admit I'm definitely a "Bono girl", but really the shows are about the music and the culture of fans as a whole, not about waving flags or dancing with Bono or playing Edge's guitar. I can tell you now if you obsess about getting onstage with him, you probably won't, and you won't have any fun at the shows and be left feeling disappointed. Just wait for him outside the venue, get some pics taken, and call it good. Relax and enjoy the show!

From what I have seen, his picks are either pretty random (totally, if not intentionally, ignoring those screaming girls with signs, hats, boas, suggestive clothing...) or, he picks the same people more than once, probably b/c they are predictable.

I wouldn't want to be serenaded by Bono...

BUT WOULD LIKE TO CHALLENGE HIM TO AN ALL OUT DANCE OFF!

Whatever you do, don't get in the way of other people at the show. What I mean is, I'm getting rather sick of fangirls wearing HUGE hats that obstruct everyone's view, or waving around feather boas in our faces, or making monstrous signs and then freaking out when someone bumps into it as we are herded like cattle onto the floor in a mad stampeed. I'm not saying I wouldn't be thrilled to be pulled up or that I haven't fantasized about it, but if that's why you're going to the show you will get plenty of eye rolls from other fans in line. That's just the way it is. I might as well tell you now, you will not be taken seriously.

I love the band, I'm pretty fanatical about it, and I'll admit I'm definitely a "Bono girl", but really the shows are about the music and the culture of fans as a whole, not about waving flags or dancing with Bono or playing Edge's guitar. I can tell you now if you obsess about getting onstage with him, you probably won't, and you won't have any fun at the shows and be left feeling disappointed. Just wait for him outside the venue, get some pics taken, and call it good. Relax and enjoy the show!

From what I have seen, his picks are either pretty random (totally, if not intentionally, ignoring those screaming girls with signs, hats, boas, suggestive clothing...) or, he picks the same people more than once, probably b/c they are predictable.

:applaud: Well said, Lies. I agree :yes:

Oh I totally agree, I would never do anything THAT obnoxious, haha! From all the videos I've seen, he definitely does pick rather randomly...all I can do is hope! I do know one girl who made a sign and got picked though. I wouldn't make a huge one, just a normal sized poster board, and only hold it up when he's right in front of me. Oh man, so much anticipation! Love them so much...can't wait!

And I'll definitely keep the strappy cami shirt in mind! My hair is dirty blonde, more on the brunette side. :)

Yup!

I'm planning (hoping!) to buy tickets for the Norman, OK show. This will be my first U2 concert. I'm kinda scared of the whole GA thing, but that's where I want to be.

This isn't really a being serenaded by Bono story, and I've said this before so forgive me for repeating, but Bono sang Sometimes right in front of my sister and I on the outer ramp at Vegas1 last tour and I swear we felt like he was singing right to us.....the emotion and sweat pouring from him as he sang that song was indescribable, especially when he hit and held those incredible notes during the best part of the song. It made us cry and we'll never forget that experience. I am glad it was my sister I shared that with. We love that song because it reminds us of our departed father, who loved to sing and had a great operatic voice just like Bono's father did. :heart:

This isn't really a being serenaded by Bono story, and I've said this before so forgive me for repeating, but Bono sang Sometimes right in front of my sister and I on the outer ramp at Vegas1 last tour and I swear we felt like he was singing right to us.....the emotion and sweat pouring from him as he sang that song was indescribable, especially when he hit and held those incredible notes during the best part of the song. It made us cry and we'll never forget that experience. I am glad it was my sister I shared that with. We love that song because it reminds us of our departed father, who loved to sing and had a great operatic voice just like Bono's father did. :heart:

:hug:

Aww, that's such an awesome story! He sings with such emotion, it's like nothing else. In DC, I was about 10 feet away from the catwalk, and during Streets when Bono and Adam met at the center of the catwalk, I felt as if they were right in front of me when the white light shone. So beautiful. I wonder if they will do SYCMIOYO this tour. I'm sure it will make some appearances. I'm hearing rumors of them dropping With or Without You...I know it's time for them to get rid of a few staples...but WOWY is my ALL TIME favorite, I need to hear it!

I wouldn't say that having Bono serenade me was all I want in life :D, but it is waaaaay at the top of my list. :yes: Still, Lies makes some excellent points - go to appreciate the entire show & experience, not just to get onstage. You'll be a lot less obnoxious to everyone around you & you'll enjoy yourself a 1000 times more. :D :up:

P.S. - See you on the rail @ Charlottesville!! :rockon:

I'm trying for it in Dublin on 7/25. It's my birthday and I'm going to make a sign saying it's my birthday.

Bono loves all women. He does have a preference for us brunettes though, but I have seen him flirt and dance with women of all shapes and sizes and from all different cultural backgrounds.
He's just the best man ever!! Ali is so very lucky...!!:drool:I love how respectful he is, even when girls are clawing at him.
That's another tip along with the obnoxiousness...DO NOT be disrespectful of the B man. I can only imagine what it would be like to be near him, let alone dance with him, but I could never go out of bounds if you know what I mean. I think he would have to hold me up I would be so frozen with awe!! :)
Anyway...this tour is going to be so fun!
I can just see it now though... the insane girls with cut outs of boot signs saying "Hey Bono, like my sexy boots?" LAME-O:lol: don't do it!!!

Aww, that's such an awesome story! He sings with such emotion, it's like nothing else. In DC, I was about 10 feet away from the catwalk, and during Streets when Bono and Adam met at the center of the catwalk, I felt as if they were right in front of me when the white light shone. So beautiful. I wonder if they will do SYCMIOYO this tour. I'm sure it will make some appearances. I'm hearing rumors of them dropping With or Without You...I know it's time for them to get rid of a few staples...but WOWY is my ALL TIME favorite, I need to hear it!

:grumpy: I think they should drop BTBS or "One," instead.

I definitely agree. From everything I've read on here, the general concensus is that BTBS should go. Not WOWY! At least not for me!

And just to clarify: I never meant to seem like a crazy fangirl who just wants to grab all over Bono. It's not like that. And, I'd never do anything obnoxious. I have too much respect for U2 fans and the culture of us as a whole to be crazy. And I'm definitely there to just relax and enjoy the show, I can't even call it a show -it's an experience! Plus I'll be there with 3 friends who haven't seen U2, so I'm going to love their reactions. I do hope Bono picks me, but I know if it's meant to be, it'll happen. I think I'd be too much in awe to be like grabby girl there. I think Bono kisses the girls when he wants to, you can't manhandle him. He's loved his wife for so long. I'd just want to have that moment with him; to share something with Bono.

Back
Top Bottom