U2 Album titles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't wanna sounds rude or nething, but if that's ur theory twohearts, then how did they get the titles Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby from their songs?

You always have to wonder if they notice when they sing things that they've sung before. ... And I've promptly forgotten my example. :rolleyes: Oh well. Stretching, but possible. :)

LemonMacPhisto said:
I don't wanna sounds rude or nething, but if that's ur theory twohearts, then how did they get the titles Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby from their songs?

The phrase "Achtung, Baby!" is whispered by Bono in the middle of The Fly. I believe you can see him do this in the video for this song as well.

No idea about The Joshua Tree. Here's some excerpts from the National Park Service's website:

Joshua trees can grow from seed or from an underground rhizome of another Joshua tree. They are slow growers, managing less than an inch a year. The trunk of a Joshua tree is made of thousands of small fibers and lacks annual growth rings, making it difficult to determine its age. This tree is not very sturdy because of its shallow root area and top-heavy branch system. But, if it survives the rigors of the desert, it can live a couple hundred years.

By the mid-19th century, Mormon immigrants had made their way across the Colorado River. Legend has it that these pioneers named the tree after the biblical figure, Joshua, seeing the limbs of the tree as outstretched in supplication, guiding the travelers westward.

Joshua tree forests tell a story of survival, resilience, and beauty borne through perseverance.

In other words, I still have no idea. }: )~
goat

Still curious to know whether or not "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" is an actual phrase in the lyrics of one of the songs on the new album...

}:)~

LemonMacPhisto said:

I know it wasn't all their titles that JT and AB or Pop and didn't count but hey they had it on a lot , just figured I'd ask.

Ive definitely heard achtung baby spoken in the fly before, although it's hard to pick out,

Depends what audio system Im listening on.. Bono definitely shouted it some of the live versions of the fly though.

Achtung baby is from that Mel Brooks movie, right? The Producers? (Funny movie.)

And didn't someone mention the lyrics pertaining to HTDAAB being on Fast Cars? Damn, I just saw that... where was it?? :hmm: Must go find...

The trunk of a Joshua tree is made of thousands of small fibers and lacks annual growth rings, making it difficult to determine its age.

I think this is one of the reasons they chose to name the album The Joshua Tree, because it would be a timeless album.

saltwaterkiss26 said:
Achtung baby is from that Mel Brooks movie, right? The Producers? (Funny movie.)

And didn't someone mention the lyrics pertaining to HTDAAB being on Fast Cars? Damn, I just saw that... where was it?? :hmm: Must go find...

Fast Cars seems like it sampled lyrics from other U2 songs, like Do You Feel Loved (the "take these shoes/boots" part)

Back
Top Bottom