Mysterious Lady with the spinning head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spectre

Babyface
Something that's had me baffled since I first watched the ZooTV: Live From Sydney video (I never got to go to the real thing
frown.gif
) was during Mysterious Ways when a picture of a lady's head that rotates from side to side appears on the video screens. Pieces of what looks like black tape appear over different parts of her face and at one point Bono seems to sing to her. What is this all about? Any ideas?

I can't explain the tape bit.. but it seemed to me as if Bono was being 'mesmerized' by this female; I say this because 'mysterious ways' is about women in general and the way they entrance men. I quote Bono: "At times I do tend to idealize women. It's easy to fall into the trap of separating them into angels and devils for the sake of the drama.." So based on that this theory works for me.. anybody have any thoughts on the tape??

That's bugged me for a while too... I thought it was just part of the random strangeness of all those things flashing onto the TV screens, and shrugged it off... 'fraid I can't help you much!
smile.gif

Re: the tape, I had vague thoughts about censorship, and taping up the mouth so any words wouldn't destroy the allure of the woman... but this is quite possibly only the mumblings of someone with not enough sleep and far too much free time.
smile.gif

------------------
Deeper into Black
Deeper into White

That would be my guess.. but I had not a clue how to word that to where it would be understood -- you did nicely with it! "destroy the allure of the woman".. why didn't I think of that? lol
smile.gif

oooooh coooooool I still havent found what I'm looking for just came on the radio!!! *dances*

Back
Top Bottom