MERGED-->12 hours of Zoo TV onto DVD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey no need to bump! :p I'm subscribed to the thread :wink:

The first tape worth of clips will be encoded tonight.

I'm waiting to obtain a couple of DVDs with material to upgrade some of the clips because the picture is quite poor.

There'll be six DVDs in total :drool: or at least it looks as if that will be the case at the moment

:)

i am desperate for these

I've joined the forum just so i can register my interest for these.

as a 12 year old i missed out on the whole achtung baby/zooTV experience but in my view this was there pinnacle.

i would jump at the chance to see this stuff!

I have a dvd burner. I live near Stoke, UK

tim.lees@it-squared.biz

Last edited:
I doubt it because I will not be removing the official content.

While I'm here, I got my calculations wrong or forgot I have four tapes and not three!! So we're looking at 8 DVDs and not 6!! :ohmy: :laugh:

I encode a test clip today at the settings I'm going to use and burnt it to DVD and watched it on my TV and it looks ok and pretty good given the quality of the tapes :)

Hey guys,

I'm the chap that put the compilation together...so glad its driven up a huge amoutn of interest.

Amazing that it's 8 dvds! You won't be disapointed with it.

Hey enajh2, did you get my emails, I'm struggling with my hotmail so haven't seen if you've replied. As it's now eight DVDs, do you mind burning off a few extra for me?

cheers guys!
smileplease

I was going to email you. Sorry! :reject: :)

Yes, it will be 8 DVDs, two discs per tape. If I drop the bitrate below 6Mbps maximum / 5Mbps minimum the picture quality will suffer as a result. Seems a fair and reasonable compromise given the quality of the tapes :)

I will start work on tape 2 later today hopefully as I'm waiting for the DVDs I need to upgrade the two clips on Tape 1 that didn't capture too well.

:up:

So is there gonna be a B&P of this or something? At least for those of us who could possibly turn the material around?

I'd be willing to handle making B&P copies for Canadian addresses Ontario and east.

I'd need to get a copy of the DVDs, though.

I'm not sure who the point-person is on this, but would you consider it?

Peter

pdiaz@sentex.net

how exactly does this work again?

this tree thing.

you send a copy to someone, and they just send to a bunch of people in their areas? and so on, ?

i live in the USA.... so...

Wow....this sounds like an amazing collection! I haven't seen it mentioned yet but will those of us without dvd burners still be able to obtain copies somehow? Pay for postage and send blank dvd's? How does this stuff work?

MattFromNYC said:
how exactly does this work again?

this tree thing.

you send a copy to someone, and they just send to a bunch of people in their areas? and so on, ?

i live in the USA.... so...

Pretty much yeah, you'd get a copy from whoever starts the tree then turn around and offer copies to 5 others or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom