YouTube music video takes a swipe at GOYB.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's that mean?

It's just a very small number of viewers and I was surprised, because you were nearly making it out to be the main thing of the week. I bet you there are eighty videos uploaded every day that have a jab at U2 with similar showings. Anyway, I'm going to do a Dlefdum and say that I haven't actually watched this thing yet and I'm sure it's great but I don't really care, sorry! But be outrageous, please.

It's just a very small number of viewers and I was surprised, because you were nearly making it out to be the main thing of the week. I bet you there are eighty videos uploaded every day that have a jab at U2 with similar showings. Anyway, I'm going to do a Dlefdum and say that I haven't actually watched this thing yet and I'm sure it's great but I don't really care, sorry! But be outrageous, please.

That's exactly what I was talking about. Lighten up, dude.

i know a guy who swears up and down that he hates U2 and will take any opportunity to bash them. he's really cool.

I just watched the video, as besides the fact that the guitar and bass at the begining kinda remind me of the verses on "Surrender," I really don't see how this bashes U2 at all. :scratch:

I totally missed the parts where he makes fun of anything U2 has created. It's on okay song. Kind of dorky and indie.

same sorta stuff, aussie hip hop, red hot chili peppers, one likes club songs...

The RHCP are cool...I give them prompts for that. I like some club songs, haven't heard much hip hop from australia. I can see how not everyone will love U2, but I cannot understand not liking their music at all. I guess U2's music demands your attention in a different way, and some people aren't willing to lend their ears??

i think it's mostly because i like them, more than anything, and it gives them another thing to bag me about :lol:

they also see u2's music as weak, soft, 'pussy', etc...

there are some people who just decide that they're going to hate U2 no matter what. normally their reasons are incorrect and immature. oh well.

i think it's mostly because i like them, more than anything, and it gives them another thing to bag me about :lol:

they also see u2's music as weak, soft, 'pussy', etc...

some people think it is soft or weak to care.....that's always been the case. We can do research and read through the history books and see how being 'hard' has turned out for society. It's not a pretty picture. If people like despair and distruction, then 'hard' is the way to go. U2's approach is against the grain, and that's why they get under some people's skin.

Back
Top Bottom