U2: Virtual Road to launch on YouTube Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll upload ZooTV tomorrow. I did not grab the Boston broadcast from October - it didn't really look any better to me than what I already had for Boston, but perhaps I was mistaken.

I'll upload ZooTV tomorrow. I did not grab the Boston broadcast from October - it didn't really look any better to me than what I already had for Boston, but perhaps I was mistaken.

Funny thing is I thought Boston was way better, but slane was shocking.

The YouTube slane was much better.

Oh yeah, the original Slane stream from…over the summer some time? … was like 360p or something crazy.

Yep - it was shocking - no idea why they decided to do it if they were planning on upscaling it so soon after.

Let me know how you get on with ZooTV uploading - I am ready to post:

1080p video and 320 kbps audio of the three virtual road shows, Chicago, Berlin, and I have the audio of Sydney.

The following will be available from here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RgwYR227gCm9-VMsNcsQ5wpTky6JWQx3?usp=sharing

Progressively uploading now:

1983 - Red Rocks audio @320kbps
1983 - Red Rocks video @1080p
1993 - Sydney audio @ 320kbps
1993 - Sydney video @1080p (awaiting file)
1997 - Mexico audio @320kbps
1997 - Mexico video @ 1080p
2001 - Slane audio @ 320kbps
2001 - Slane video @ 1080p
2005 - Chicago audio @ 320kbps
2005 - Chicago video @ 1080p
2015 - Paris audio @320 kbps (after tonight's stream)
2015 - Paris video @ 2160p (after tonight's stream)
2018 - Berlin audio @ 320 kbps
2018 - Berlin video @ 1080p

Last edited:
Yep - it was shocking - no idea why they decided to do it if they were planning on upscaling it so soon after.

Let me know how you get on with ZooTV uploading - I am ready to post:

1080p video and 320 kbps audio of the three virtual road shows, Chicago, Berlin, and I have the audio of Sydney.

Small delay while I investigate getting into a _slightly_ smaller size as it came off of the website at a hefty 12GB.

Small delay while I investigate getting into a _slightly_ smaller size as it came off of the website at a hefty 12GB.

All good - if you're happy to upload 12GB, I can reduce it a bit and post to the Google Drive.

Everything I have is now on there, just missing Boston video, Sydney video, Paris.

The following will be available from here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RgwYR227gCm9-VMsNcsQ5wpTky6JWQx3?usp=sharing

Thx so much!!

Nice one, thanks very much Dan! :applaud:

Thanks again! So nice to have a 1080p copy of all of these and the audio files too (when I get round to those).

Paris video is currently uploading - will be finished in 5.

Audio - I haven't split the tracks yet, won't get a chance to for a few hours I'd say. I'll let you all know when it's done.

Paris video is currently uploading - will be finished in 5.

Audio - I haven't split the tracks yet, won't get a chance to for a few hours I'd say. I'll let you all know when it's done.

Caught the last four songs or so of this when it premiered today - very good version of Bad. I&E was a great tour.

It really was. Easily their best full-on cohesive production since ZooTV and the mix of stuff on the e stage was great fun for multi-show goers.

America has had the rough end of the stick on a few of the recent tours - both E&I and I&E came into their own in Europe. Having said that, the US got the 2011 360 leg, so I suppose it’s swings and roundabouts.

Don't know what you're talking about; I saw two I&E shows in the USA and they were fantastic.

:shrug:

And I don't consider the 2011 360 an improvement; dropping half the new songs from the setlist and resorting to Achtung Baby nostalgia was a desperate move.

Yeah, I’ll agree that the US E+I setlist suffered compared to the European approach due to the extended inclusion of the “Innocence Suite” (notable exceptions: SATS, Red Flag Day).

But the I+e shows I saw were outstanding. They played like a band with something to prove. Across eight nights in NY they broke out the first October since 1989, “Shine Like Stars”, Volcano, Bad, Angel of Harlem with The Roots, Lucifer’s Hands, Sweetest Thing, AIWIY, Ordinary Love with Lady Gaga, first Two Hearts Beat as One since ‘89, The Troubles, Satellite of Love (first since ‘93), a messy Mother & Child Reunion with Paul Simon, Party Girl (first since ‘09), two songs with Bruce Springsteen and 40. Fucking kills me they haven’t thought to release these in some form as it was as magical a latter period run that I’ve seen.

I wasn’t saying the US IE shows weren’t great - they absolutely were. In terms of the show as a whole piece, I just think the October/Bullet/Zooropa/Streets bit was pretty special and it’s a shame they hadn’t worked that out yet when they were in the States, that’s all.

Totally fair call! The lift in quality from US to Europe was definitely more pronounced on E+I. I was kinda let down from the shows that I saw and miffed they got more grimy after they left the States.

Totally fair call! The lift in quality from US to Europe was definitely more pronounced on E+I. I was kinda let down from the shows that I saw and miffed they got more grimy after they left the States.

Yeah, felt the same at my one E+I show (Omaha). Not only did they repeat the Innocence set, this was the first show where they dropped Raised By Wolves from it, which was previously a highlight. Also, Bono’s Macphisto schtick was still pretty incoherent early in the tour.

Anyone else disappointed that they chose to stream I+E Paris in 1080p when they have 4K versions of certain songs they are posting permanently?

Back
Top Bottom