U2 all week on jimmy fallon starting nov 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good memory! I think I was given an award that night although those sneakers gave me chin splints!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That's true.

But I saw Jimmy at Mendy's when I was having soup with Bania, and Jimmy says Jimmy likes U2.

Yeah, but Jimmy wasn't wearing his Armani suit because it doesn't fit Jimmy any more. Jimmy's been working out. Jimmy's huge.

elaine-little-kicks.gif

I'd be surprised if anything other than SOI songs are played during the week.

Speak for yourself.

Monday: I Will Follow and 11 O'clock Tick Tock
Tuesday: Gloria
Wednesday: Cartoon World
Thursday: acoustic Drowning Man during interview, later Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop?)
Friday: Womanfish, Trip Through Your Wires, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, aka TV Gaga Reprise Super Spectacular

Let's guess the songs:

The Miracle
Every Breaking Wave
Song for Someone
Volcano
Beautiful Day

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

The Friday song has to be an older song ? I guess Stuck with the new piano treatment.

Miracle and EBW are a given. SFS very likely, nr 5....Cedarwood road.

Speak for yourself.

Thursday: acoustic Drowning Man during interview, later Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop?)

Friday: Womanfish, Trip Through Your Wires, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, aka TV Gaga Reprise Super Spectacular

I'd enjoy this.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Speak for yourself.

U2 play us out...4th of July!

Speak for yourself.

Womanfish approved!

I planned a trip to New York back in June and looked everyday to see when Fallon tickets went "on sale"(tickets are free). The released them one day while I was at work and when I got home I checked and all the tickets for November were gone. I was pretty bummed out but not devestated.

When it was announced U2 is playing the Tonight Show five nights in a row while I am in NYC and only 3 blocks from my hotel my heart sank. I had tried for tickets to the show before it was even announced that U2 would be playing so now it feels like the universe just kicked me in the nuts. I'm still gutted about this but will have a few chances to get in if I can get standby tickets and a ircle happens where some people don't show up.

I know, but wouldn't the audience more or less be the same for those five nights? I understand that Fallon is a fan and they like him, but it seems to me you could reach more people (meaning a more diverse group) by doing the rounds on different shows (i.e. Kimmel, Conan, Letterman, et. al.) But perhaps there's some kind of dynamic with competition in scheduling between these shows that keeps them for doing this....or maybe a connection with NBC/Universal I'm unaware of.

Fallon loves the hip-hopz.

I hope U2 do a cover of this

nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga I'm 100% nigga
nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga I'm 200% nigga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjBmrHPONt4

1) EBW the original live version from last tour
2) EBW the full band new version
3) 5 minute lecture on how they improved EBW.
4) EBW acoustically
5) Takes requests from the crowd. Ignores them all and instead plays a dubstep version of "Freedom For My People" (Deep Cut off Rattle and Hum).

I know, but wouldn't the audience more or less be the same for those five nights? I understand that Fallon is a fan and they like him, but it seems to me you could reach more people (meaning a more diverse group) by doing the rounds on different shows (i.e. Kimmel, Conan, Letterman, et. al.) But perhaps there's some kind of dynamic with competition in scheduling between these shows that keeps them for doing this....or maybe a connection with NBC/Universal I'm unaware of.

Nobody really watches late night shows anymore. Fallon is the "leader" and be pulls just over a 1 share. Fallon is huge on social media and the YouTube's though, so it's a good choice... even though it's kinda dick to not give the courtesy to Letterman in his final season considering all the times he's had them on before.

Hopefully they play the entire album throughout the 5 nights.

Id be happy if they played every track.

Is there any chance they'll play more than one song per night?

And yes, I'd like to see California returning. I don't want to think that they only pulled it out once for Jools Holland, it was a solid performance and might improve with time if they decided to play it more often.

Is there any chance they'll play more than one song per night?

And yes, I'd like to see California returning. I don't want to think that they only pulled it out once for Jools Holland, it was a solid performance and might improve with time if they decided to play it more often.

I would say there's a good chance they might, especially with the acoustic versions. When they were on Jimmy's debut of The Tonight Show back in February they played twice. Invisible on the roof and then in studio acoustic of Oridinary Love. Both on the same show.

I agree with California. They should play it for sure. They should play all new songs. They made a big deal of wanting people to hear the new music so even though they are on five nights in a row there's no need to dip inot the back catelogue.

Monday - Volcano
Tuesday - California
Wednesday - Crystal Ballroom(not likely but they should)
Thursday - Iris & Every Breaking Wave (acoustic)
Friday - Song for Someone (acoustic) & The Miracle

They're going to be on all 5 days, but it's not going to be the U2 show for 5 days.

I think the best shot for two songs is on Friday... maybe Monday as well, but more likely just Friday.

Interview will likely be Friday as well.

They've done this type of thing before... There was a Springsteen week where Bruce played two days and guest artists covered Bruce classics the other nights. He played one song Monday and played two songs, plus a skit and an interview on Friday.

I'd guess Friday is the big day.

M: Miracle
T: something from the catalog (One or Beautiful Day)
W: One of: California / Cedarwood Road / Crystal Ballroom
T: One of: California / Cedarwood Road / Crystal Ballroom
F: Every Breaking Wave (acoustic, obviously) + Volcano

Back
Top Bottom