U2 all week on jimmy fallon starting nov 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't really care for Fallon but I will be tuning in to see :up: they should visit Conan though and hopefully another SNL appearance too

Hope this means SNL and maybe Letterman the following week for an evening. Predictions...

Night 1: Volcano
Night 2: Every Breaking Wave (acoustic)
Night 3: California
Night 4: Band Interview On The Couch, callback to their acoustic version of Ordinary Love with an acoustic version of Song For Someone. Main performance Cedarwood Road
Night 5: The Miracle

Or the lazier route of doing The Miracle on night 4 and then night 5 is a classic U2 song i.e. BD, I Will Follow or Vertigo

Wouldn't it be rich if they would break out something we haven't heard of as yet?...a SOE tease.

I'd rather hear Reach and Crystal Ballroom as new songs and A Sort Of Homecoming as the classic.
Not gonna happen, but I can hold out a slim chance of hope.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Would love to see them hit Letterman and Kimmel. They would probably be the BEST guests to ever read Mean Tweets. I mean, the selection would be enormous.

Also, to reach a more diverse audience that probably wasn't as familiar with the whole Apple release / FB/Twitter meltdown, They really should be doing Good morning American concert, CBS Sunday Morning, US 60 minutes.

ONe could hope for an Austin City Limits...

Would love to see them hit Letterman and Kimmel. They would probably be the BEST guests to ever read Mean Tweets. I mean, the selection would be enormous.

Also, to reach a more diverse audience that probably wasn't as familiar with the whole Apple release / FB/Twitter meltdown, They really should be doing Good morning American concert, CBS Sunday Morning, US 60 minutes.

i agree with all of this especially ACL :drool:

i'm predicting The Miracle, EBW (acoustic), another SOI song (Volcano maybe?), an 00s single (Vertigo or BD), andddd maybe IWF?

would LOVE if we got to see The Crystal Ballroom or Iris.

or U2 could just go on there and play songs from Pop for 5 days straight that'd be cool too

Yep. Kimmel would be great.

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/i...m_term=daily_digest&utm_campaign=Daily Digest

In addition to performing, they will also take part in comedy sketches and online exclusives!!

Fallon does some very cool physical sketches, so it should be really good.

There was also mention in the article that "due to it being a comedy show, U2 will perform their "old warhorse" Stand Up Comedy from No Line on The Horizon"- C. Kramer of online gossip site Blucrke

Recent classics will take up a lot of nights...Beautiful Day one night, Vertigo the next. By the time they bust out Stuck In A Moment for the fifth night, they'll have forgot to promote SOI.

:up:

Hope this means SNL and maybe Letterman the following week for an evening. Predictions...

Night 2: Every Breaking Wave (acoustic)
Night 3: California
Night 4: Band Interview On The Couch, callback to their acoustic version of Ordinary Love with an acoustic version of Song For Someone. Main performance Cedarwood Road
Night 5: The Miracle

Or the lazier route of doing The Miracle on night 4 and then night 5 is a classic U2 song i.e. BD, I Will Follow or Vertigo

God I hope they don't play Volcano on Night 1. They should lead with their best EBW (full band).

Monday: Get On Your Boots
Tuesday: Stuck In A Moment (360 acoustic style)
Wednesday: Elevation
Thursday: The Miracle (acoustic)
Friday: Pride

yikes. i'm not sure i'd watch that :lol:

no way they're playing Boots. I have a feeling NLOTH is going to get the Pop treatment this tour.

What I wish for:

Monday - Reach Around
Tuesday - California
Wednesday - Iris
Thursday - Every Breaking Wave
Friday - The Troubles

Go big or go home!

Monday-The Miracle(electric) & EBW(acoustic)

Tuesday- Volcano & TIWYCRMN

Wednesday- Iris & The Crystal Ballroom

Thursday- California (electric) & Beautiful Day

Friday- Song for Someone(acoustic) & Vertigo

Go big or go home!

Monday-The Miracle(electric) & EBW(acoustic)

Tuesday- Volcano & TIWYCRMN

Wednesday- Iris & The Crystal Ballroom

Thursday- California (electric) & Beautiful Day

Friday- Song for Someone(acoustic) & Vertigo

I'm just gonna say this. The very BEST thing that they could do is to play The Troubles with Lyke there. Unfortunately she is out of the country. But I don't think there is anything that they could do that would cause more people to say - whoa, U2 does this?!? This is really beautiful and cool, and obviously the duet sets it apart.

EBW will be great, I think Volcano and Iris and California would be cool. Actually RBW would be amazing. But I still think the Troubles would be a real attention getter.

I'm just gonna say this. The very BEST thing that they could do is to play The Troubles with Lyke there. Unfortunately she is out of the country. But I don't think there is anything that they could do that would cause more people to say - whoa, U2 does this?!? This is really beautiful and cool, and obviously the duet sets it apart.

EBW will be great, I think Volcano and Iris and California would be cool. Actually RBW would be amazing. But I still think the Troubles would be a real attention getter.

Wow, I agree with you for a change! I think perfoming this song, combined with Reach/Volcano or California might be their best choice if they want to get anyones attention.

I really hope they get to perform this song live with her. If not Fallon , then elsewhere.

She's in the UK on Sunday and Turkey Tuesday.

U2 should give her some of that Apple money to fly in for Monday night... the show tapes around 5:30, she could fly back out right after.

No chance it happens... but it should.

Night 2: Every Breaking Wave (acoustic live version)
Night 3: Song For Someone (on couch after interview), later California
Night 4: The Crystal Ballroom
Night 5: The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)

Jimmy's a true fan so it would be pretty awesome if he has a rarely played favorite song that he requests they do- like A Sort of Homecoming or One Tree Hill or Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World. It could take the slot of what I'd imagine would be Stuck or Beautiful Day. It's possible!

:wink:
We'll know their new mgmt team sucks if they go with this lineup.

All sarcasm aside, an old classic like Pride (not a 2000's like Vertigo) would be a good choice for one night.

Back
Top Bottom