Stars Don't Go - U2 & Avicci Track

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have a copy of this as an mp3 please? Looks like the original has been taken down due to a copyright claim.

The first few seconds reminded me of John Carpenter's Halloween theme. Overall, I don't feel really compelled to heavily praise or criticize it. The track is unfinished, but I don't feel it's a significantly lesser piece than what we eventually got. My big takeaway is it's a real shame we never got that guitar outro on the album, and probably never will on an official track. RIP Avicii.

Iris as we got it is certainly a better song. Fits way better on SOI, too, obviously.

However, and I'm probably in the minority here, I enjoy every single time U2 goes down this road. I find the DJ/EDM collaborations to be not only well done, but the most natural sounding, by far, of all their attempts to stay relevant and up with the charts. Maybe because they've been dabbling in this quite extensively since the AB days (Perfecto remixes) and truly seem to enjoy it- especially Bono and Edge. I always get a good chuckle at the people who view this dance/DJ collab thing as desperation or grasping at relevancy straws or copying Coldplay or whatever. Ahm.... U2 were doing this shit in what most here would say was their heyday, or at least their creative peak- AB, Zooropa and Pop.

This Avicci track. Kygo "Best Thing." I even like "We are the people" I'm not saying overcook and overthink, God knows they've done plenty of that over the last 20 years. I am saying finish and prepare for proper release, and I think they'd be amazing. And while far from a bet I'd take, it would be the best chance to make another splash on the charts.

I could totally see an album with a couple collaborations like this along with sounds along the lines of Crystal Ballroom, Levitate, some of the dance type remixes of Magnificent and of course, lots of elements of Pop (Discotheque, DYFL).

Back
Top Bottom