So...what is your all time favorite U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirror Ball Man

The Fly
Probably has been posted before, but still.. here goes.
What is your all time favorite U2 song?
Hard to choose, i have many. Just pick 1!

Hawkmoon 269

Definitely Streets.
But Ultraviolet is my favorite lyrically speaking. But sometimes UV becomes my favorite.
And Hawkmoon 269 is really growing on me too.
I don't know. I love so many U2 songs so much.
But I guess I'll stick with Streets.

:D

For me, Acrobat, my favorite song from any artist, so I guess that would make it my favorite U2 song by default.

Studio/live: Until the End of the World - Live version takes the energy of Streets and a healthy dose of rock and groove. Nothing better.

B-Sides/remixes: Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix) - If you don't get tingles when the strings come in you have no soul :drool:

Unreleased tracks: Mercy :wink: - All joking about Mercy on Interference aside, probably one of my favourite tracks full stop. I like the "clunky" lyrics and the "slow" buildup :wave:

As much as I love the first thing I ever heard from them (New Year's Day), as beautiful as some of their best lyrics are (One), as uplifting as some of the current album (Magnificent), the way I determined my answer was: If I were ever given the chance to sing just one song with the band, whether just the five of us in an empty studio or on a stage in front of thousands, which song would I choose? Hands down, it would have to be "I Still Haven't Found...".

One day - oh yes, one day - I swear I will sing that song with the band. And then I'll combust into flames & be reduced to a pile of ashes. :wink:

Hey, you already get to sing that song with the band!

You and 80,000 of your closest friends get to sing the first verse! :wink:

Sometimes you can't make it on your own :heart::heart::heart:

I've been a U2 fan for a very short time (if we compared it to some interference users) and I still have songs that I listen to for the first or second time - and usually after that I say: Oh, I don't like it, not really... (I always change my opinion by the way :lol:) but Sometimes was THIS song I've been loving since I heard it for the first time :)
It's such an awesome song :love:

(close second is Wave of sorrow - first U2 song I loved)

It has and it will always be Bad for me. Late '84. I was 13. This whole album really. It just blew my mind. When Live Aid happened, it just solidified in stone that I had great music taste and the rest of the world would see that. :D ...drunk Bono or not.:cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:
Then there is the WAIA ep. It was like something custom made specifically for me. I played that record over and over. I was doing the "risky business" in my parents living room jumping all over the place with a real mic for added affect. :reject:

UF
:reject:
It was the song that I loved when I was a little kid in 1985 and pushed me toward becoming a diehard fan.
No need to hide for it. It's my favourite too.

Followed closely by Please, Gone, Streets, Ultraviolet, The Fly, Moment Of Surrender.... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom