Rate The Song: The Electric Co.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Song: The Electric Co.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Today we shall finish rating Boy, after the poll for I Will Follow has closed. After these polls close, I will release stats on just Boy.

Please rate The Electric Co. on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun!

I love this song. So much. Definitely one of the best on Boy, energetic and intense from start to finish. Lyrics are pretty crap, though. The riff and solo are amazing.

I give it a 9. Higher than my other two favorites on Boy because it's just epic.

Would it be easier to have us evaluate the songs all together, in one thread for each album (with separate threads for associated B-sides, singles, etc.)? Sometimes it's easier to evaluate songs if you can see them side-by-side. On the other hand, we wouldn't get as much discussion of individual songs, I suppose. Whatever.

Gave this track an 8.

Would it be easier to have us evaluate the songs all together, in one thread for each album (with separate threads for associated B-sides, singles, etc.)? Sometimes it's easier to evaluate songs if you can see them side-by-side. On the other hand, we wouldn't get as much discussion of individual songs, I suppose. Whatever.

Gave this track an 8.

The problem with that is that I would have to make a poll with 25937424601 options.

The only complaint I have re: studio Electric Co. is that it's slightly stronger live. I would give the song, at its best, a 10, but I'm only voting based on the studio version so it gets a 9. I mean, seriously, this is one of the early classics. Respect.

One of my favorite early U2 songs. It was one of my dream songs for them to bring back up until they did on Vertigo. One of the reasons the Vertigo tour is one of my favorite tours. Great setlists for most of that tour and Electric Co is a major reason for it.

Now they just need to do my other two dream tunes live again. God Part II and Hawkmoon 269.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom