Moment of Surrender on 360 vid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glennjamin

The Fly
Near the end when Bono starts "rapping" re: life is short but its the longest thing you'll ever do" - anyone know what he is taking this from? Or the entire list of what he says? :huh:

There was some debate about this back in the day. People have transcribed the lyrics, but nothing official has been released. There are some variations on the verse, as Bono sang it on SNL, at the Rose Bowl, and on every 2010 and 2011 rendition of the song. If you look closely on the Rose Bowl DVD, you'll see lyrics from it going across Bono's TelePrompTer, so it's not a totally improvised thing.

"Life is short but it's the longest thing you'll ever do
The worst, the curse, is that your dreams came true
God is a mirror in which each man sees himself
Hell is a place where you don't need any help
When I first met you your face was like snow
Where ever I went you'd be willing to go
You face, your grace, your lipstick trace
Your case as you put it down
8:17 on the ground
Your faith in a clown
Don't leave me now
Don't leave me now

Alone in this song
Don't leave me now
Alone in this song

Don't leave me now!

Improvised, it's not a snippet if that's what you're asking.

"Life is short but it's the longest thing you'll ever do
The worst, the curse, is that your dreams came true
God is a mirror in which each man sees himself
Hell is a place where you don't need any help
When I first met you your face was like snow
Where ever I went you'd be willing to go
You face, your grace, your lipstick trace
Your case as you put it down
8:17 on the ground
Your faith in a clown
Don't leave me now
Don't leave me now

Alone in this song
Don't leave me now
Alone in this song

Don't leave me now!

Improvised, it's not a snippet if that's what you're asking.

:D
Many thanks!
I wasn't sure if it was something from a rapper or something. I hate rap with a passion but know that Bono and Jay-Z hung for a bit so thought it might be related to that somehow. Thanks again.

There was some debate about this back in the day. People have transcribed the lyrics, but nothing official has been released. There are some variations on the verse, as Bono sang it on SNL, at the Rose Bowl, and on every 2010 and 2011 rendition of the song. If you look closely on the Rose Bowl DVD, you'll see lyrics from it going across Bono's TelePrompTer, so it's not a totally improvised thing.

I don't remember him singing that in Nashville or St. Louis in 2011, unfortunately, I think that was a 2009-ish thing. And that's a shame because it was a perfect end to an epic song.

I don't remember him singing that in Nashville or St. Louis in 2011, unfortunately, I think that was a 2009-ish thing. And that's a shame because it was a perfect end to an epic song.

Bono definitely sang it in St. Louis (I'm listening to it in YouTube right now), and a somewhat different verse in Nashville. It's on every 2010 bootleg that I've listened to. And it was in the Montréal broadcast.

Bono definitely sang it in St. Louis (I'm listening to it in YouTube right now), and a somewhat different verse in Nashville. It's on every 2010 bootleg that I've listened to. And it was in the Montréal broadcast.

Seriously? I have to go back and listen again. I don't recall that but id be happy to be wrong. Getting old fucks with your head sometimes, remember that young man!
:wave:

Back
Top Bottom