Invisible - New U2 fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hi,

Anybody new here that just registered after hearing Invisible?

Are you a new U2 fan or have you been following the band for awhile?

Please tell us about yourself, I am interested to see and hear the new peoples perspective!

Thanks

This is actually a really good question, though considering the way newbies are often treated around here, don't be surprised if there's not much of a response.

That said, I'm guessing that Invisible is going to get more "new" fans for them than anything on the last record (though I doubt it will be to the extent Vertigo did).

I saw a few posts on social media indicating the Super Bowl spot got them wanting to check out the band, but it seems a bit early yet to be seeing people converted and joining a fan forum.

Hey, I just registered here. I'd never heard of U2 until Invisible. What album should I get first?

I just bought Songs of Ascent and Solar. Man this recording of Every Breaking Wave is amazing! :happy:

Although my favorite U2 album is "Achtung Baby", I would recommend that you listen to "The Joshua Tree" as your first record.

:huh: The Joshua Tree is the worst entry point into the band.

Hi Axver, welcome to the forum. You should seek out Passengers as your first album. It gives the best insight as to what the band is all about.

Hello!

I've been a U2 fan for almost a year now, and thought that now, with the release of Invisible, would be a good time to join the forum. Invisible, as well as Ordinary Love, are the only U2 tracks I can remember being released, even though I own their whole catalogue.

Invisible is a great tune; I thoroughly enjoy it. It's a great pop song that has even gotten the attention of some of my more narrow-minded friends. It's very fresh without coming off as pretentious. This direction will be very interesting on their new album if they stick with it.

By the way, great idea for a thread. :D

Holy shit, we've got an actual newbie rather than a silly bugger like me taking the piss?

PS You don't have their whole catalogue if you don't have an MP3 of Womanfish. I highly recommend you get onto this moment of glory.

Oh good, you've been sufficiently initiated then!

Now you just need the Kunstmuseun Liechtenstein gig...

Hello!

I've been a U2 fan for almost a year now, and thought that now, with the release of Invisible, would be a good time to join the forum. Invisible, as well as Ordinary Love, are the only U2 tracks I can remember being released, even though I own their whole catalogue.

Invisible is a great tune; I thoroughly enjoy it. It's a great pop song that has even gotten the attention of some of my more narrow-minded friends. It's very fresh without coming off as pretentious. This direction will be very interesting on their new album if they stick with it.

By the way, great idea for a thread. :D

Welcome aboard! :)

For the record, here is the recommend reading material mentioned by Axver:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/u2-at-kunstmuseum-liechtenstein-right-now-184538.html

Thanks!

So, I see that there's a long history of taking the piss around here..
:wink:

Yes. It's heavily concentrated during times when we don't know when the next album is coming out and a tour isn't happening.

If U2 ever do perform in a museum or an art gallery, you can all call me a visionary.

They have performed at a library...

:huh: The Joshua Tree is the worst entry point into the band.

Hi Axver, welcome to the forum. You should seek out Passengers as your first album. It gives the best insight as to what the band is all about.

I disagree...Passengers is a terrible starting point. It was just a side project that even U2 admitted was self indulgent.

Back
Top Bottom