Has anyone here taken LSD at a U2 show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunsnroses

The Fly
I tripped at my first U2 show in Dallas during the Elevation tour. it changed my life. I also dosed up for the Vegas and Austin shows that tour too. So anybody else out there do this?

One of the things you learn from years of dealing with U2 fans, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a U2 fan. Especially when he's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

As long as they're just standing around going "Oooooh, I can see the music!!!" and not running around being all "I AM THE LIZARD KING!!!!!" I don't care how other people choose to enjoy a concert.

I'd rather be next to someone stoned than a drunk person at a concert. Can't speak to LSD - never taken it myself, have maybe been around one person who'd been tripping in my life. That I know of, anyway.

All I'm saying is that Radiohead had some really great energy vibes coming from the Cylon lights in the happy mist.

I can't even imagine how fucked up you'd feel after doing LSD at Popmart :D

I was tempted to have magic mushrooms before seeing U2 back in '05.

It was my first U2 show so I decided it would be best to enjoy it sober. I don't regret it, but sometimes I wonder what it would've been like :hyper:

Dude if you're going to take LSD at least go see something actually fucks with your brain. Like Pink Floyd's the Wall.

I picked her up on the technically that it would be "Pink Floyd" :wink:

Then again, it is practically a Waters album by stealth. So there's that...:shrug:

Oh man, this thread reminds me of one time after i had my wisdom teeth pulled, i think the year was 1996 but who the hell really knows. I was still in the Army, stationed in Virginia, and i was with some of my friends over in their barracks drinking beer, hanging out, the usual. The only thing was i hadn't eaten much because of the wisdom teeth being pulled a couple of days before, also i was still taking some pain pills (RX kind) along with the beer.

One of my friends, he was from Texas, decided to smoke some green stuff that grows wild back where he is from. He would smoke that shit and get really really mellow. So him, myself, and this other guy all opened the window and started smoking this shit. At first i just felt kinda numb because i was drinking and on the pain pills (dont try this at home, kids). Then after a few hits of this stuff i had the weird sensation that i had wet myself, but i was afraid to look. So finally i got up and v e r y s l o w l y went to the bathroom. I came back and my friends were staring at me really funny, which kinda freaked me out. So i smoked some more and drank some more beer. Then i wanted to lay down because i wasn't feeling good, so i went back to my room and tried to go to sleep but the room was spinning and i felt sick.

My friends came in to check up on me but i totally freaked out, thinking they were Govt agents (i used to watch that show X Files a lot back then) so i ran away from them. As i ran down the hallway, it kept getting longer and longer and it was like that hotel in the movie "The Shining" where the hallways are long and there might be dead twins, old ladies, or blood flowing down the hallway. I ran as fast as i could down the stairs and outside in the parking lot. I ran out into the woods to a sort of deck area off in the woods.

Once out there i heard a loud noise and there were some really strange lights overhead in the sky, circling over the woods. I tried to hide but the people up in the sky (or should i say "beings") where the lights were made contact with me somehow. Their thoughts penetrated my brain and my soul and i started screaming and i wanted to escape this world to get away from the pain and the sounds that divided my world and theirs. Every part of my body hurt, i was afraid, confused, scared, and im sure i had vertigo. I ran back through the woods into the parking lot where i saw dark shadows approaching...

I ran across the street and back in front of my barracks when i noticed the top floor was on fire. Apparently the fire was coming from the room where my friends were because i could hear them yelling for me....as i looked back behind me there were govt agents coming for me in the shadows. I turned back towards the large barracks and that is when the entire building began to rotate, spinning rapidly in front of me. I don't remember anything else.

The next day i woke up alone and naked in my room, unsure of what happened or how i got there.

One would have o build a time machine to do so. :wink:

But yeah, I agree.

Just thinking of the ONE time I took LSD in high school and me and my friends watched the Wall (movie) and it was seriously the most f'd up thing I had ever seen.

Oh man, this thread reminds me of one time after i had my wisdom teeth pulled, i think the year was 1996 but who the hell really knows. I was still in the Army, stationed in Virginia, and i was with some of my friends over in their barracks drinking beer, hanging out, the usual. The only thing was i hadn't eaten much because of the wisdom teeth being pulled a couple of days before, also i was still taking some pain pills (RX kind) along with the beer.

One of my friends, he was from Texas, decided to smoke some green stuff that grows wild back where he is from. He would smoke that shit and get really really mellow. So him, myself, and this other guy all opened the window and started smoking this shit. At first i just felt kinda numb because i was drinking and on the pain pills (dont try this at home, kids). Then after a few hits of this stuff i had the weird sensation that i had wet myself, but i was afraid to look. So finally i got up and v e r y s l o w l y went to the bathroom. I came back and my friends were staring at me really funny, which kinda freaked me out. So i smoked some more and drank some more beer. Then i wanted to lay down because i wasn't feeling good, so i went back to my room and tried to go to sleep but the room was spinning and i felt sick.

My friends came in to check up on me but i totally freaked out, thinking they were Govt agents (i used to watch that show X Files a lot back then) so i ran away from them. As i ran down the hallway, it kept getting longer and longer and it was like that hotel in the movie "The Shining" where the hallways are long and there might be dead twins, old ladies, or blood flowing down the hallway. I ran as fast as i could down the stairs and outside in the parking lot. I ran out into the woods to a sort of deck area off in the woods.

Once out there i heard a loud noise and there were some really strange lights overhead in the sky, circling over the woods. I tried to hide but the people up in the sky (or should i say "beings") where the lights were made contact with me somehow. Their thoughts penetrated my brain and my soul and i started screaming and i wanted to escape this world to get away from the pain and the sounds that divided my world and theirs. Every part of my body hurt, i was afraid, confused, scared, and im sure i had vertigo. I ran back through the woods into the parking lot where i saw dark shadows approaching...

I ran across the street and back in front of my barracks when i noticed the top floor was on fire. Apparently the fire was coming from the room where my friends were because i could hear them yelling for me....as i looked back behind me there were govt agents coming for me in the shadows. I turned back towards the large barracks and that is when the entire building began to rotate, spinning rapidly in front of me. I don't remember anything else.

The next day i woke up alone and naked in my room, unsure of what happened or how i got there.

. awesome

Just thinking of the ONE time I took LSD in high school and me and my friends watched the Wall (movie) and it was seriously the most f'd up thing I had ever seen.

I haven't actually seen it myself. But I would probably think the same thing drugs, or no drugs.

Dear God, this might be the greatest thing I've ever witnessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom