From the Sky Down, Davis Guggenheim's Achtung Baby documentary to premiere at TIFF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm asking if it's remastered.

polls_omg_0531_533749_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

No distributors?,no trailers?,no movie theaters life since it's going straight to the achtung baby uber boxset?

Could it be a bad sign concerning the quality of the documentary?

I was surprised not to find any more indeed. I reckon if everyone who contributed to the argument/discussion in the last thread would tweet it, at least one of us has to be picked right?

No distributors?,no trailers?,no movie theaters life since it's going straight to the achtung baby uber boxset?

Could it be a bad sign concerning the quality of the documentary?

Considering how awesome the Springsteen Darkness documentary with his remaster turned out (was shown at a festival, was shown on one of the cable movie networks, included in the boxset without theatrical release), I'm not sure why anyone is even remotely worried about this.

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere, but there is an added screening for From the Sky Down at TIFF: Friday Sept 9th at 9pm. Tickets still available on TIFF website!

I like the way British magazine ask far out questions like, "How do you make your eggs?" or "Has another band member ever stiffed you on the dinner bill?" Sadly, I don't think that will happen here.

To which they replied?

Yeah, the Brits seem to have more humor. Also Jo Whiley asking "Do you pee in the shower?":D

So what are the details for Thursday Sept. 8th? Anyone here going to hang around Roy Thomson hall by the red carpet for the Premiere at 8pm? If you are let me know your plans. I'm heading down there after work. I've never actually been to a TIFF event, so not sure where the best place would be to stand or what time to get there to get a shot at seeing the band. I also got tickets to the screening on the 17th, so maybe I'll see some of you there too!

Insult,

The first premiere is at the Winter Garden Theater on Younge at 6:30. I would get there early. Roy Thompson Hall is just down the street. Its gonna be many cameras flashing, screaming and even some pushing. There might be a few tickets but you probably won't get one.

canedge

Nothing at the red carpet could be worse than the Montreal #1 GA line! So bring it on! I'm not looking to get tickets to the premiere since I already have tickets to a later screening.

Insult,

The first premiere is at the Winter Garden Theater on Younge at 6:30. I would get there early. Roy Thompson Hall is just down the street. Its gonna be many cameras flashing, screaming and even some pushing. There might be a few tickets but you probably won't get one.

canedge

Oh for sure - the desperate groupies no doubt are already lined up this morning.

I'm finally on the bandwagon with this...oh, Toronto was so much fun during the TIFF + Vertigo shows 6 years ago!!! Oh, yeah and PJ!

No trailer yet?

Theatre release?

I don't have showtime!

For those of you milling about this weekend -- take your cameras and post your pics please (I know you won't let me down!)

U2 ‘over the moon’ with new doc | Movies | Entertainment | Toronto Sun

Snippet:
Guggenheim also mined archival footage, stills and recordings from the Achtung Baby sessions and never before seen scenes from the film dailies of Rattle and Hum and struck gold.

"We found these scenes of the band during that tumultuous time," said Guggenheim. "Like Bono having a fit in the dressing room or them performing in a blues club."
"U2 is so different from everybody else," said Guggenheim, who is doing a 1:30 p.m. chat with Bono and The Edge on Friday afternoon at TIFF Bell Lightbox.

"They really are special. Even though they are mega rockstars, there's a conscientiousness and connectedness and a thoughtfulness about each member of the band. So I wouldn't put them in the same bunch as other rockstars."

Interesting that they are going back to the Rattle and Hum footage. But I already knew that :)

I REALLY wish I was there this week for the Premiere.

can't wait! :hyper: (edit - for the film not the hissy fit, galeongirl posted right before me :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom