CelebrateThe Physical Release!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wait, some of you think this is a double album?

Do you even know what a double album is? Clearly not.

But my Vinyl copy has 2 pieces of vinyl, it MUST be a "double album".............

:doh:

Im the only one who predicted the Cowboys would beat the Seahawks so fuck all ya'all

Sorry, Mrs. Garrison, as amusing and clever as your stories are, a football prediction (however spot on) does not count as accurate U2 clairvoyance. If only you spoke Hovitos.

But all ballyhoo aside, I’d like to congratulate and recognise my fellow prognosticators of prognostication who were right on this record, Mikal and CK. All of us made our calls months before the release. To both of my fellow seers, congratulations on your tea leaf reading skills and most importantly, good humour. You rolled the bones, and came up big. I’m humbled to be in your fine fellowship. U2 may have the Crystal “Ballroom”, but you my friends have the crystal ball.

So to all our readers worldwide, stay tuned for our SOE predictions, coming to soon to a blue forum near you.

But all ballyhoo aside, I’d like to congratulate and recognise my fellow prognosticators of prognostication who were right on this record, Mikal and CK. All of us made our calls months before the release. To both of my fellow seers, congratulations on your tea leaf reading skills and most importantly, good humour. You rolled the bones, and came up big. I’m humbled to be in your fine fellowship. U2 may have the Crystal “Ballroom”, but you my friends have the crystal ball.

So to all our readers worldwide, stay tuned for our SOE predictions, coming to soon to a blue forum near you.
Kudos to you and Mikal as well. Tis not easy to be a U2 fan or make U2 predictions ;)

And while we're at it:

SoE will be out either just before or near the start of the tour. It will have a standard release, a deluxe release, and a "box set" consisting of both SoI and SoE as well as bonus material and possibly even a dvd. And the new Apple tech is probably some sort of interactive streaming or an app. I'm not a tech person so I'll leave those predictions to the experts.

Look for the upcoming tour to be arenas and have some sort of 3D and/or interactive elements to it. MrCK and I saw country artist Brad Paisley a couple times over the last few years and he had a "virtual" Carrie Underwood join him on stage for a duet nightly (Lykke Li & Troubles???) as well as some sort of app that was free to download and allowed you to interact with your particular concert(s) at certain points in the show each night. I can easily see U2 take that sort of technology and use it in a major and innovative way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Kudos to you and Mikal as well. Tis not easy to be a U2 fan or make U2 predictions ;)

And while we're at it:

SoE will be out either just before or near the start of the tour. It will have a standard release, a deluxe release, and a "box set" consisting of both SoI and SoE as well as bonus material and possibly even a dvd. And the new Apple tech is probably some sort of interactive streaming or an app. I'm not a tech person so I'll leave those predictions to the experts.

Look for the upcoming tour to be arenas and have some sort of 3D and/or interactive elements to it. MrCK and I saw country artist Brad Paisley a couple times over the last few years and he had a "virtual" Carrie Underwood join him on stage for a duet nightly (Lykke Li & Troubles???) as well as some sort of app that was free to download and allowed you to interact with your particular concert(s) at certain points in the show each night. I can easily see U2 take that sort of technology and use it in a major and innovative way.

:up:

Predictions bookmarked! ;)

Here's mine: The Joshua Tree gets some renewed attention and rarer tracks get some new love, ala the Achtung Baby "revival" on the last tour (OK, that's more wishful thinking than a prediction, but still).

:up:

Predictions bookmarked! ;)

Here's mine: The Joshua Tree gets some renewed attention and rarer tracks get some new love, ala the Achtung Baby "revival" on the last tour (OK, that's more wishful thinking than a prediction, but still).

ATYCLB turns 15 next year. Wonder if we'll get a box set ala JT and AB? :hmm:

ATYCLB turns 15 next year. Wonder if we'll get a box set ala JT and AB? :hmm:

I'm guessing the next deluxe releases will be Pop in 2017 and R&H in 2018.

The owls are not what they seem.

Pathetic in your grovelling for attention and validation. Just pathetic.

Sent from my ass crack

92023-plaque-for-the-alternatives-is-duEO.gif

I don't think I've ever seen two usually mostly reasonable people turn into such ridiculous children so easily.

Are you sure you're not brothers or something?

I don't think I've ever seen two usually mostly reasonable people turn into such ridiculous children so easily.

Are you sure you're not brothers or something?

While they do seem to argue...a lot, I don't know if reasonable is a term I would use as one of them is one of the angriest posters in the forum that tends to attack you if you don't agree with their opinion.

Which is unfortunate because they are very knowledgable about most of the topics and I tend to agree with most of what they write.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

While they do seem to argue...a lot, I don't know if reasonable is a term I would use as one of them is one of the angriest posters in the forum that tends to attack you if you don't agree with their opinion.

Which is unfortunate because they are very knowledgable about most of the topics and I tend to agree with most of what they write.

If you are even remotely referring to me you might want to reevaluate your understanding or at minimum perception of "anger" and "attack" if you honestly believe I've been angry with you or attacked you, as I typically reserve that for only the most extreme cases of total jackassery, and I don't recall thinking that you were a total jackass.

If having reconsidered our past convos you still feel the same, shoot me a pm and we'll hash it out..

Sent from my ass crack

I don't think there's a right or wrong party, it's just that the two just don't get along. It happens.

I happen to know gvox on more of a personal level (not like we share photos or anything creepy like that), but I can say that what I've seen of him is that he's a very kind, genuine person.

While I don't know Nick66 on a personal level, I'm sure he's also a kind, genuine person as well.

I've been involved in some of the squables as well, and most of it is just out of pure entertainment with a slice of boredom on slow work days as well. I won't claim to be a kind, genuine person. That's for other people to determine.

But uh...where was I? Oh yeah, my point is that they don't get along, and there might be some subtle, passive aggressive jabs in there followed by aggressive jabs, and it is what it is. I think both parties are most likely hungry to find peace with each other at some point.

If you are even remotely referring to me you might want to reevaluate your understanding or at minimum perception of "anger" and "attack" if you honestly believe I've been angry with you or attacked you, as I typically reserve that for only the most extreme cases of total jackassery, and I don't recall thinking that you were a total jackass.

If having reconsidered our past convos you still feel the same, shoot me a pm and we'll hash it out..

Sent from my ass crack

Thank you for not thinking I am a total jackass. To be clear, I have never had an issue with you personally. My observations are that of reading countless threads. There are people here that when someone disagrees with them they have a conversation about the topic or as Mikal wrote will make a light jab or have a somewhat sarcastic response on occasion. Then there are people who will reply with swears of some sort and come off with a very confrontational tone.

With these people it's never "agree to disagree" rather it's "you must be stupid". Those are the people that I don't even bother to engage in conversation because there is no conversation to be had. As an example, I once posted that I couldn't stand WUDM and a poster replied that I must be an idiot or just not smart enough to understand the song.

Don't remember the poster and still don't like the song.

Anyone mentioned that this is set to be U2's lowest new album chart position since before War. Set to go in at 4 apparently.

Anyone mentioned that this is set to be U2's lowest new album chart position since before War. Set to go in at 4 apparently.

It will be interesting if the promos that they are doing end up getting it to #2. They seem to be going over very well(at least here).

Back
Top Bottom