Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part V/Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you listened to Zooropa yet? Does it sound like they've adjusted the levels as they did with AB?

Not yet. Haven't even listened to AB, just the 'kindergarten' disc and the bonus tracks.

I've now gone onto the 'Achtung Baby' covers CD from Q magazine. Could be a long night!

Baby Wild Horses. Is awesome.

Baby One. Is also awesome.

Heaven and Hell is also pretty good. Very relaxed. They did quite a few 6/8 songs during this time period.

Baby Wild Horses. Is awesome.

Baby One. Is also awesome.

Heaven and Hell is also pretty good. Very relaxed. They did quite a few 6/8 songs during this time period.

Every song on the Kindergarten disc. Is awesome. :D

Every song on the Kindergarten disc. Is awesome. :D
A lot of them have the same vocal or guitar takes, it seems. The solo from UTEOTW is the same, the entire vocal take from One is the same. But they're still good.

And the bridge on UTEOTW is fantastic. Still a bit peeved about the messy intro to the Fish Outta Water Real Thing, though.

'Down All The Days' is very good indeed.

For those who like the 'baby' version of WGRYWH...have you heard the Garbage version off the Q mag CD? It's beautiful.

I hate myself for coming in here until I actually get the expensive Uber set I've had on pre-order since August.

But... I need to know. Is Heaven & Hell the same one that we'd heard in the past? Or is it more 'finished'?

I hate myself for coming in here until I actually get the expensive Uber set I've had on pre-order since August.

But... I need to know. Is Heaven & Hell the same one that we'd heard in the past? Or is it more 'finished'?

yes. it's polished and has 2011 vocals.

I love the Baby Fly. That guitar in the first minute just goes on and on.. so raw and dirty :heart:

Oh Berlin reminds me of that Drunk Chicken/America on the JT set. Except Oh Berlin is 42352682395239682303658462846036 x better :applaud:

STOP WITH THE AWESOME.

I need to run away or I'm going to crack. Only one more week or so... GIVE ME STRENGTH!

Give in to it.

Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

I'd listen to a whole bonus disc filled with the different Wild Horses takes. This sounds awesome. Loving the different vocals on some of the songs.

It's no secret I left you and I still don't know why

well so far i still wouldn't ever think about replacing any of the album tracks with Baby versions, but this is a nice treat. really nice to have this to add to the collection.

well so far i still wouldn't ever think about replacing any of the album tracks with Baby versions, but this is a nice treat. really nice to have this to add to the collection.

I'd like to know how close to the release deadline these takes are from. I'd think sometime during the late summer of 1991

Steved1998 said:
I'd like to know how close to the release deadline these takes are from. I'd think sometime during the late summer of 1991

Or if they're all from the same period.

I think the only version I don't care for so far is So Cruel.

Long term, most likely the ones that will stay on my rotation are:

Zoo Station
One
UTEOTW
WGRYWH
TTTYAATW
LIB

This...exactly.

Really, really enjoy listening to these and they are a great addition to the collection, but can't top the original.

I wish every re-master would include a similar disc. I'd pay for early versions of JT and UF songs.

Baby Achtung Baby makes ordering the super deluxe worth it.

Wow, listening to "One", it's amazing to think how this song could have turned out - I'm glad Flood was always the nagging doubter about the mix. Not to say the baby version is bad, but they definitely got it right in the end.

Interesting differences:
UTEOTW - great vocals
WGRYWH - Sounds almost like a Cure version or Echo and the bunnymen. Different melodies. The opening guitar sounds a little like how Coldplay copies.
The Fly - You can hear the falsetto a little better in this one as well as Danny's bongos.
TTYAATW - Country, folk? Interesting.
LIB - Reminds me of Echo and the bunnymen (even the guitar).

BTW I would really love to hear "Baby" versions of NLOTH, especially Breathe. Hint, hint U2! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom