Achtung Baby remaster underway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The mastering process is usually done by someone outside the band's stable of tech people, no? There are guys who specialize just in this part of the recording process.

Bernie Grundman, the one mentioned in that tweet, was part of the JT remaster team.

True, but Edge is supervising the remasters...I guess they may be in contact via internet or maybe when the Europe shows are over he will go in LA.

Just a thought: Didn't they announce the TUF remaster right around this time last year?

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Just a thought: Didn't they announce the TUF remaster right around this time last year?

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

They did! I remember the merchandise bags were advertising it, and first noticed it at the Chicag shows, which I believe were prior to the announcement.

That's right! I remember getting those in Dublin, but not in Amsterdam or Paris. :hmm:

The Unforgettable Fire remaster was already announced (i.e. on the merchandise bags) at the first 360 concert in Barcelona. But I think an official announcement (with a release date) didn't come until around this time last year.

They did! I remember the merchandise bags were advertising it, and first noticed it at the Chicag shows, which I believe were prior to the announcement.
That's what I was talking about!
...Actually, I think I still have my merch bag somewhere in the mess that is my room.

I lol'd :lol: But it's so true!

Seriously, "Achtung Baby" is so friggin' awesome that no matter what the band decides to include in this 20th anniversary remaster, it just won't be enough.

Just wait until the POP remaster. That's when Edge's comments on redoing the album will come to haunt him here in this forum. :D

I for one would love to hear Pop redone! As long as it keeps its uniquness and doesn't turn into a post 2000's U2 album.

:ohmy:

What did he say about redoing the album?

I'm sure it's dead now but someone will bring it up when they get around to remastering it:

U2 - U2 Set To Re-Record Pop - Contactmusic News

Irish rockers U2 are stepping back in time to release a brand new version of their 1997 album POP - because they were disappointed with the original result.

Charismatic frontman BONO admits touring commitments led to the release being rushed and unfinished, and the band are keen to work Pop up to the spectacular standard of their other albums.

Bono reveals, "There is still talk about the band going back in and fixing Pop, actually going in because the bones of a great album are there.

"It didn't communicate the way it was intended to. It became a niche record. That's not what it was intended to be.

"If we'd just had another month, we could have finished it."

And Bono confesses the band, who are currently touring North America, made a crucial mistake in allowing their manager to take control of their touring schedule - which resulted in the VERTIGO stars having to finish work on the record earlier than intended.

Bono adds, "We did a really bad thing. We let the manager book the tour, known in this camp as the worst decision U2 ever made, and we had to wrap up the album sooner than we wanted."

Anyways now that we are at Achtung Baby we will still have to get a Zooropa remaster before then. :drool:

They're saving R&H for later. I say that's a good move. I'd much rather have AB released and R&H held off than to have R&H and wait for AB.

They sent out a Blu-ray in sub-par quality that could have had DTS Master Audio so hopefully they will figure out how to put both of those together.

My dream:

When the band comes to North American for the 5th leg of the tour, they debut Acrobat live and record it to put in the Achtung Baby remasters.

Even better, they play the full album.

But that will never happen.
Although I can see them bringing back a lot of AB songs during the rest of the 3rd leg and the two final legs. Honestly, I bet we'll see Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, and Zoo Station under the Claw by tour's end. :D

Extra trax for disc 2 (this is what I think it will be)

1. Lady with the Spinning Head
2. Where did it all go wrong
3. Salome
4. Heaven and Hell (unreleased track)
5. She's Gonna Blow Your House down (unreleased track)
6. (that instrumental that was countryish)

salome_front.jpg

7. insert mysterious ways remix here (perfecto)
8. insert even better than the reall thing remix here (perfecto)
9. Wild Horses (Temple Bar remix/edit)
10. Fly (lounge remix)
11. Satillite of Love
12. Night and Day (maybe)

Wish list

1. The original One demo.

I hope they include that instrumental demo The Real Thing. I have a rough Youtube mp3 on my iPod and listen to it a lot, it has a real Stones-like groove to it. Deserves a place on the remaster bonus disc I think.

Back
Top Bottom