You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah okay - but have now listened to this on a loop for 4 hours and believe me _ best opening single since the fly mike

I still think Beautiful Day is U2's best single ever - in terms of quality, mainstream appeal, message, direction and what it did for the band's image.

But this :ohmy:

I still think Beautiful Day is U2's best single ever - in terms of quality, mainstream appeal, message, direction and what it did for the band's image.

I think will be even bigger across dance, radio, etc - really this wlil be the biggest u2 single in ages and deserved too Mike:lol:

Are there different Beach Clips I heaven't heard. Because I only know of like 4, and all of them were slower sounding, with one actually being Window In The Skies. None of them seemed at all like Get On Your Boots. I'm so out of the loop! :doh:

i would agree. Maybe not best, but definately in a group of defining singles.

There are a few (NYD, WOWY, Desire, One, BD) are probably the most career defining songs in terms of relaunching themselves, or breaking milestones (number 1 singles) or sheer iconic value

Ohh no .....i am such a fan, but i am not impressed with this single so far :(

Cheesy was the word i thought of too.....i want dark grungy atmospheric type stuff.....not cheesy POP !

Escape club law suit anyone?

Let's think a bit. There's no doubt about that the new album has a main topic, which is the situation in the Middle East (GOYB, Cedars of Lebanon, White as Snow, and who knows what else...), where we find problems like war, refugees, countries without territory, hate among cultures and races...

So, could the title - No Line On The Horizon - be referred to a World without frontiers? What do you think?

So, could the title - No Line On The Horizon - be referred to a World without frontiers? What do you think?

The title has to mean something like "no end in sight." whether that refers to the band, war/conflict, or love... well, thats where the discussion really gets going... or where the discussion has "no line on the horizon..." HA... ha...:huh:

Let's think a bit. There's no doubt about that the new album has a main topic, which is the situation in the Middle East (GOYB, Cedars of Lebanon, White as Snow, and who knows what else...), where we find problems like war, refugees, countries without territory, hate among cultures and races...

Hope not, cause borders can sometimes be a good thing. If all countries melt to one, one dictator can rule the whole world..

New world order would like that. Hope Bono's not involved.. :hmm:

Anyways psyyyyyyyyked for the album

Cheesy was the word i thought of too.....i want dark grungy atmospheric type stuff.....not cheesy POP !

if(when) you listen to the MP3 clip I hope you change your mind - as I think this is the best opening single in ages Mike

There may be something else on the album for you. After all, the opening single is probably going to be the song that the public can embrace the most. :)

22 second clip opinions:

Fantastic bassline in the verse, Bono's lyrics on this song sound fantastic. :up:

And the riff oh the riff, sounds so rough and muffled and wavy. I think I have already made up my mind on the song. :drool:

Does anyone get the feeling this could be a more discotheque/fly type track than vertigo?

The GOYB riff is guitar wise very similar to the Fly/Discotheque riffs. It's very typical of the edge (A and E string frets 3,5 for GOYB. 5,7 for Fly and Discotheque). I didn't think he could get anymore riffs out of this simple pattern, but he has, but I like it, very evocative of 2 great U2 songs).

I guess it could end up a structural copy of Vertigo.. Lyrics kick ass this time though :)

I've heard a 20 second clip that was on YouTube and was clearly real because as soon as it popped up it was taken down by request of Universal Music Group. It was DEFINITELY U2. Bono sounded smooth, sultry, different. The walloping bass was hot (but a little mindful of the style of Vertigo)and it collided in an explosion of The Edge's guitars. "The Fly, Circa 2009" would not be far off although the songs are light years apart, I am happy to say it still sounds great.

And yes, you can hear the vocals and it sounds like Bono, heavily produced smooth slick slightly soulful Bono, but definitely Bono.

If you can find the clips and hear them on youtube before Universal knocks them down, good luck.

I had it cached on my PC and replayed and then videotaped it on my digital camera. Quality is now 10x crappier (original quality was top notch), if you want to check it out, email me.

camiloj@gmail.com

P.S. if this is not allowed, um, let me know!

Oh but it's still on there, people keep reposting...just go to YouTube and search Get On Your Boots but I think everyone has already heard it now as I look back at the posts...

Ok never MIND this is OLD news!!!

Sicy can you delete my post please? Thanks...

Does anyone get the feeling this could be a more discotheque/fly type track than vertigo?

The GOYB riff is guitar wise very similar to the Fly/Discotheque riffs. It's very typical of the edge (A and E string frets 3,5 for GOYB. 5,7 for Fly and Discotheque). I didn't think he could get anymore riffs out of this simple pattern, but he has, but I like it, very evocative of 2 great U2 songs).

It's not as hard rocking as The Fly but it has similarities with Discotheque, it might be Discotheques political brother who wears sexy boots.

I've heard a 20 second clip that was on YouTube and was clearly real because as soon as it popped up it was taken down by request of Universal Music Group. It was DEFINITELY U2. Bono sounded smooth, sultry, different. The walloping bass was hot (but a little mindful of the style of Vertigo)and it collided in an explosion of The Edge's guitars. "The Fly, Circa 2009" would not be far off although the songs are light years apart, I am happy to say it still sounds great.

And yes, you can hear the vocals and it sounds like Bono, heavily produced smooth slick slightly soulful Bono, but definitely Bono.

If you can find the clips and hear them on youtube before Universal knocks them down, good luck.

I had it cached on my PC and replayed and then videotaped it on my digital camera. Quality is now 10x crappier (original quality was top notch), if you want to check it out, email me.

camiloj@gmail.com

P.S. if this is not allowed, um, let me know!

Yeah we've heard the clip on youtube, and on u2exit.com and we also have a request thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom