You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only listened to one of the GOYB clips, and only once.....But in addition to the "Pump It Up" sound that people have mentioned, the "submarine/gasoline" part gives me a little bit of a "She's So Cold" by the Stones vibe. :hmm:

That's funny I said the same thing about the Stones song :up:

There was a huge link between R&H and AB: God Part II. I'm sure that there are going to be moments that are reminiscent of pieces of HTDAAB or ATYCLB, no matter how drastic a change the rest of the album is, and people are going to nail them for it. :tsk: Every album, no matter how big the change, has clues to the next album & to those that came right before it.

there may have been a link between R&H/Achtung Baby but you can't deny the drastic change. It was a huge change soniclly, visually, attitude wise. It was a massive shift. You take out Bono's vocals on Achtung Baby and you can barely tell it's the same band that did R&H or JT.

there may have been a link between R&H/Achtung Baby but you can't deny the drastic change. It was a huge change soniclly, visually, attitude wise. It was a massive shift. You take out Bono's vocals on Achtung Baby and you can barely tell it's the same band that did R&H or JT.

You're absolutely right. I'm just saying that in hindsight,there are clues. Just like there are clues to ATYCLB in Pop. I'm just preparing for the inevitable "ATYCLB III" or "HTDAAB II" that will come when people think that GOYB sounds like Vertigo, or whatever else people think sounds like 00s U2.

I don't know...

He probably would try to find a way to sell Edge's fire.
(Y'know... before the whole world burns...)

EXCLUSIVE!

U2's The Edge linked to global warming / Article by the Real Fake Bono (Vlad n u 2)

U2s guitarist The Edge has been suspected as the main offender in global warming, frontman Bono explains, "Ever since we have known the Edge, we always knew he was on fire, ever since our first release, U2-3"

"As we got older and the more award winning albums we released, Edge's fire really became noticeable more than ever during Achtung Baby, I mean ZOMG! The Fly was really the first known song when we noticed the Edge had reached a whole new atmosphere in terms of temperature. I mean, we brought a thermometer to our first ZOO TV show and little did we recognise Edges temperature was rising by the minute"

"11 years after that the Edges temperature was rising rapidly during Bomb, we called it "Punk Rock From Venus", I mean, you know Venus is such a hot planet, with its gases and all, so we thought Edge matched the description. He really let it out on that record, he was at his fiery best, especially his riff on Vertigo, we thought he couldn't get any hotter than that, but believe it or not we were wrong"

After Bomb and the Vertigo tour, The Edge was investigated by numerous scientists. He was asked for his temperature to be tested, the thermometer melted so the scientists came to the conclusion that the Edge had reached 1000 degrees celsius thus being the main offender in global warning"

Bono continues, "When we were shooting the video for Q magazine we realised the Edge was burning out of control and he had to be stopped, so I grabbed a fire extinguisher and turned it on but little did I realise it spiralled out of control and fumes erupted into the air, it reached Edge but unfortunately he was immune to it"

In conclusion, nobody knows if that guitar loving, beanie wearing, bearded man will ever cool down, is there a chance? even a small chance? The simple answer is no.

:wink:

EXCLUSIVE!

U2's The Edge linked to global warming / Article by the Real Fake Bono (Vlad n u 2)

U2s guitarist The Edge has been suspected as the main offender in global warming, frontman Bono explains, "Ever since we have known the Edge, we always knew he was on fire, ever since our first release, U2-3"

"As we got older and the more award winning albums we released, Edge's fire really became noticeable more than ever during Achtung Baby, I mean ZOMG! The Fly was really the first known song when we noticed the Edge had reached a whole new atmosphere in terms of temperature. I mean, we brought a thermometer to our first ZOO TV show and little did we recognise Edges temperature was rising by the minute"

"11 years after that the Edges temperature was rising rapidly during Bomb, we called it "Punk Rock From Venus", I mean, you know Venus is such a hot planet, with its gases and all, so we thought Edge matched the description. He really let it out on that record, he was at his fiery best, especially his riff on Vertigo, we thought he couldn't get any hotter than that, but believe it or not we were wrong"

After Bomb and the Vertigo tour, The Edge was investigated by numerous scientists. He was asked for his temperature to be tested, the thermometer melted so the scientists came to the conclusion that the Edge had reached 1000 degrees celsius thus being the main offender in global warning"

Bono continues, "When we were shooting the video for Q magazine we realised the Edge was burning out of control and he had to be stopped, so I grabbed a fire extinguisher and turned it on but little did I realise it spiralled out of control and fumes erupted into the air, it reached Edge but unfortunately he was immune to it"

In conclusion, nobody knows if that guitar loving, beanie wearing, bearded man will ever cool down, is there a chance? even a small chance? The simple answer is no.

:lmao:

EXCLUSIVE!

LOL!!!!!!!! :laugh::lmao::laugh::lmao:

On another news.... Chris Martin says that Coldplay's guitarrist [who?]is growing a third testicle.

GYOB = "Discotheque" + "Holy Joe" (Guilty Mix) topped off with "Big Girls Are Best" covered by Escape Club after hearing a song by The Knack.

There you go.

Laugh all you want, it's true.

Wild Wild West's lyrics and clip are horrific, to be nice.

But I looooved the melody... :reject:

You're absolutely right. I'm just saying that in hindsight,there are clues. Just like there are clues to ATYCLB in Pop. I'm just preparing for the inevitable "ATYCLB III" or "HTDAAB II" that will come when people think that GOYB sounds like Vertigo, or whatever else people think sounds like 00s U2.

ya that makes sense. I see what you're saying.

not impressed with the song. It was the first U2 track in almost 17 years to not grab me by the face and shake me into the morning.

I trust Eno and Lanois...I pray the album has something to redeem this mistake.

The 22-second clip sounds phenomenal. Took a few listens, but it's stuck in my head.

I expect there's gonna be some division over the single, but I like it so far.

not impressed with the song. It was the first U2 track in almost 17 years to not grab me by the face and shake me into the morning.

I trust Eno and Lanois...I pray the album has something to redeem this mistake.

The first U2 track EVER in 17 years? Every single album track and bonus track and non-album track that they've released since 1992 has grabbed you in the face and shaken you into the morning? Really? Or do you mean that it's the first "first single" not to have done that? :scratch:

The first U2 track EVER in 17 years? Every single album track and bonus track and non-album track that they've released since 1992 has grabbed you in the face and shaken you into the morning? Really? Or do you mean that it's the first "first single" not to have done that? :scratch:

i also can't see "numb" grabbing anyone by the face and shaking them into the morning. That songs animal equivelant is a Sloth

Let's not get carried away here when talking about sonic changes. Musically speaking, One, WGRYWH, So Cruel, and Ultra Violet could have easily appeared on earlier work. The heavier, rockin' stuff like UTEOTW, The Fly, and Acrobat can be easily traced back to the heavier, rockin' Lovetown Tour stuff like God Part II, Watchtower, and the shredding solo version of Desire. Hell, Acrobat's musical genesis was at a soundcheck before one of the Lovetown Auckland shows.

Honestly, if you'd been to Lovetown, and if you had heard Night And Day and Wild Irish Rose, the transition to Achtung, while perhaps a bit of a surprise, would have at least made sense and not seemed as drastic as it did to the general public, who were thinking more along the lines of WOWY and ISHFWILF.

The biggest sonic change in U2's history was the often overlooked War to UF.

I think macfesto was being sarcastic....

I hope.... :ohmy::ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom