You Yangs, Lara, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EEN. :wave:

You're lucky I chose to keep the peace just now on the phone, or you may have been close enough to hear my father's end of an epic argument.

Give up.

When I give up, I pass better than when I try.

nb: Don't take this advice.

Yeah, the subject I tried the least on last semester, I got the highest mark for. I still cannot understand that.

It seems I can't escape his demands to get a job. Even with my operation and the doctor's orders to rest through to Christmas, I'm still apparently meant to be actively seeking employment.

God, I just don't care any more. I was thinking that a job might be a good way of passing the time over the holidays and getting some handy extra cash, but now even that seems unappealling since he won't stop bringing it up.

It seems I can't escape his demands to get a job. Even with my operation and the doctor's orders to rest through to Christmas, I'm still apparently meant to be actively seeking employment.

God, I just don't care any more. I was thinking that a job might be a good way of passing the time over the holidays and getting some handy extra cash, but now even that seems unappealling since he won't stop bringing it up.
i'm sorry. luckily my parents have never been the type to hound me about getting a job, even times when i've been unemployed. i mean they'll ask how the job search is going, but i think they know when i know i have to find a job so as to not run out of money.

i wish people would realize though hassling someone about something provides the opposite desired effect: you're a lot less likely to do something.

Khan, what's the software I need to extract ZIP and RAR files on Mac? I can't recall what it's called and it doesn't seem to be on the new Macbook, so I better go download it.

i'm sorry. luckily my parents have never been the type to hound me about getting a job, even times when i've been unemployed. i mean they'll ask how the job search is going, but i think they know when i know i have to find a job so as to not run out of money.

i wish people would realize though hassling someone about something provides the opposite desired effect: you're a lot less likely to do something.

Yeah, it's really irritating. Mum never says anything about it because she knows I know how to manage my bloody life. I was really starting to think a job would be a great idea - I'd love the extra cash to buy some books and music and maybe even take a couple of short holidays interstate. But my father's incessant nagging turns it into a chore and I was this close to losing my cool with him today. I decided not to because, well, I just don't have the energy for an argument right now. He has singlehandedly managed to make the idea of a job the most unappealling thing to me. I mean, a fucking operation was more desirable. What the hell does that say?!

Yeah, it's really irritating. Mum never says anything about it because she knows I know how to manage my bloody life. I was really starting to think a job would be a great idea - I'd love the extra cash to buy some books and music and maybe even take a couple of short holidays interstate. But my father's incessant nagging turns it into a chore and I was this close to losing my cool with him today. I decided not to because, well, I just don't have the energy for an argument right now. He has singlehandedly managed to make the idea of a job the most unappealling thing to me. I mean, a fucking operation was more desirable. What the hell does that say?!
yeah, that's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom