Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think :

- Mikli 3214 black arms, yellow lenses (Pop Mart Las Vegas)
- Mikli 3214 13109 (Orange)
- Mikli 3214 black arms&frame with deep orange lenses (wore at the end of Pop Mart)
- Bolle Lunasport color wore on stage
- Diesel K Mart
- Giorgio Armani 1535 in red

- Bvlgari 611 & 519 light blue + purple

- Gigli 191 in red/blue/green
- Gigli 226 light blue/purple/red
- Cutler & Gross 276 with the 4 bullets on each side

What do you think Doug :D ?

That is a solid list my friend. Has anyone ever found the authentic Diesel KMarts or are all the pairs out there replicas? I've never seen an original and wonder what they would go for.

The original Viking (1973?) model Bono wore during ZooTV could rank pretty high too. I believe these are different than the Lunasport. The Lunasports that were on here the other week went for over $1000. It seems like the Miu Miu's are getting harder and harder to find while the RG's are popping up quite a bit.

Also, I've wondered how many actual mint pair of Milki 3214 - 13109 are out there. Amongst all of us how many do we have in the family? Between you and I Lobovox, we can account for two pair. I mean, are there hundreds out there? Dozens?

I'd say the hardest pairs for me to aquire were the Milki's, followed by the Lunasports, then the Bvlgari 611's. No one really mentions the 610's much anymore.

BTW - Received your package today! So nice to have the dark blue 611's back in my collection again :hyper:. You were right the Deisel replicas are rough (as you fairly described) as are the light blue 611's I included in your package. Let me know when you receive it and thank you!

Mikli family :
69798-albums324-picture2718.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2719.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2720.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2721.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2723.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2725.jpg

Thanks Doug for the Orange. I just receive them... Just waited for them for years :hug::D:drool::wave:

That is a solid list my friend. Has anyone ever found the authentic Diesel KMarts or are all the pairs out there replicas? I've never seen an original and wonder what they would go for.

The original Viking (1973?) model Bono wore during ZooTV could rank pretty high too. I believe these are different than the Lunasport. The Lunasports that were on here the other week went for over $1000. It seems like the Miu Miu's are getting harder and harder to find while the RG's are popping up quite a bit.

Also, I've wondered how many actual mint pair of Milki 3214 - 13109 are out there. Amongst all of us how many do we have in the family? Between you and I Lobovox, we can account for two pair. I mean, are there hundreds out there? Dozens?

I'd say the hardest pairs for me to aquire were the Milki's, followed by the Lunasports, then the Bvlgari 611's. No one really mentions the 610's muc
anymore.

BTW - Received your package today! So nice to have the dark blue 611's back in my collection again :hyper:. You were right the Deisel replicas are rough (as you fairly described) as are the light blue 611's I included in your package. Let me know when you receive it and thank you!

Doug, for me Bono never wore the 610... But who knows ?
As for the 3214 i think we can take all of them the members here have.
Mark from Germany has one Black pair, David from Spain a pair of Orange, Nathan from England a pair of Brown, there is someone from Australia who ones said he had two pairs, specially the rarest yellow lenses and black arms (but he never post pics)... Others ?
I have 3 pairs : one of each frame : Matt Black, Silver, Gold (yes !!!) :drool:

Mikli family :
69798-albums324-picture2718.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2719.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2720.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2721.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2723.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2725.jpg

Thanks Doug for the Orange. I just receive them... Just waited for them for years :hug::D:drool::wave:

So glad they arrived safely and are still in the family!! It was the least I could do for all of the awesome pairs you have entrusted me with over the last year. They look great with your others!! :applaud:

I just saw at ebay.com a pair of red Romeo Gigli that is the exact same pictures of an earlier bidding sale. The winning bid on the earlier sale were $ 60, so how come these ones are up for sale again for the humble pre-bid price of $25?

Pics of my Bvlgari 8025 collection :
901/8G current model :
69798-albums324-picture2727.jpg

901/8G first model (with gradient brown lens + tungsten logo on the sides) :
69798-albums324-picture2728.jpg

965/88 :
69798-albums324-picture2729.jpg

(these ones are worn by my wife like the first pair of 901/8G)
971/6G :
69798-albums324-picture2730.jpg

Missing, my 732/87 which are still in my car outside and it's a bad weather day so...:wave:

Oh, and you have to log on to see the pics... As usually when I post some pictures here.

lobovox, would you be kind enough to PLEASE just take 1 huge picture of your collection? :D

Well, I will try but it's not going to be easy. If you are curious, you can go on my profile and check the pics of my former collection... I will wait for all my concerned glasses to be sold out, and then... Well, I will take another family picture :hmm:

Pics of my Bvlgari 8025 collection :
901/8G current model :
69798-albums324-picture2727.jpg

901/8G first model (with gradient brown lens + tungsten logo on the sides) :
69798-albums324-picture2728.jpg

965/88 :
69798-albums324-picture2729.jpg

(these ones are worn by my wife like the first pair of 901/8G)
971/6G :
69798-albums324-picture2730.jpg

Missing, my 732/87 which are still in my car outside and it's a bad weather day so...:wave:

Oh, and you have to log on to see the pics... As usually when I post some pictures here.

I NEED Those 901/8G's!!!!

Yeah, the 901/8G is high on my list too. Would love to get a hold of those somehow! I'm thinking about the following though as backup:

1) 971/8G - I'd like to see pictures of someone wearing them before possibly buying. I prefer darker lenses, making it harder to see my eyes. The 8G should do it.

2) 732/87 - I read a previous post about someone trying to buy only lenses for the 8025, but seemed to be unsuccessful. Has anyone done this yet, and if so... where and cost? I think it would be possible to buy the 732/87 shades and swap lenses.

Maybe there are some answers floating around, cheers : )

United Shades got back to me about the second option I mentioned above.

They can put 8G lenses on the 732 frame. It costs 60 USD extra. I'm probably gonna go for it while I have the chance... over time these items appreciate in value.

vinithpa said:
United Shades got back to me about the second option I mentioned above.

They can put 8G lenses on the 732 frame. It costs 60 USD extra. I'm probably gonna go for it while I have the chance... over time these items appreciate in value.

That is awesome!

Getting ready to sell off my collection......

I've really enjoyed collecting Bono shades over the last few years. I have made lots of friends all over the world buying and selling sunglasses....

BUT....

I've noticed that of the dozens of pairs I own...I only wear about 3 or 4 pair on a regular basis. The rest sit in their cases. I have no plans to display them or anything like that.

It's time to sell 'em all off!

I'm sure there are pairs in my collection that people could use for theirs....why not send them off to a good home, right?

I figure the easiest way to sell them will be two or three pairs at a time, and on eBay.

I assure you, there won't be any craziness like Mikli's for $900. I will list them as true auctions and let you all decide what they're worth.

To get an idea of what will coming up for sale soon....

Check out my collection link:
shadesofbono's photos and albums on webshots

Thanks again everyone!!!! It's been fun :wave:

Tony

Sent you a message.

Getting ready to sell off my collection......

I've really enjoyed collecting Bono shades over the last few years. I have made lots of friends all over the world buying and selling sunglasses....

BUT....

I've noticed that of the dozens of pairs I own...I only wear about 3 or 4 pair on a regular basis. The rest sit in their cases. I have no plans to display them or anything like that.

It's time to sell 'em all off!

I'm sure there are pairs in my collection that people could use for theirs....why not send them off to a good home, right?

I figure the easiest way to sell them will be two or three pairs at a time, and on eBay.

I assure you, there won't be any craziness like Mikli's for $900. I will list them as true auctions and let you all decide what they're worth.

To get an idea of what will coming up for sale soon....

Check out my collection link:
shadesofbono's photos and albums on webshots

Thanks again everyone!!!! It's been fun :wave:

Tony

Hi all....

Yes I know I can't link to an eBay auction. So obviously, I won't...but I'm very sure they will be easy to find since they are "bono sunglasses".

I'm going to try this:

1) List 3 pair at time...and mix them up, not all 519's at once, etc. I'm doing it this way with the thought "What if I wanted to buy them?"
So...there will be maybe one sought after pair, with two average pair. This way, bidders can plan their bidding. Why put 3 pairs of 519's up and then somebody blows their cash on one auction...and then next week another pair comes up and you're broke. Just want to space them out....

2) Staggered start times. I put 15 minutes in between each auction's end time. Perhaps you missed one, you have time to get to another pair (if you like) I've always hated watching multiple auctions from one seller and they all close at once, and you can never really get bids in on all the stuff you like.

And YES...I've gotten everyone's private messages. I'm not ignoring you! Many messages have been about doing a private deal. While it is very tempting, I think for now the best way is auctioning. I really want everyone to have a fair crack at them, that's all. I really hope that everyone understands and has a fun time with it.

http://community.webshots.com/user/shadesofbono

I am going to leave up my Webshots collection so you can see what is coming up...BUT....

Here are the pairs that are NOT for sale, as I'm keeping them:

519 rose
519 green
51c gold
2138 light purple
Black Flys black

As you can see.....there will be LOTS of good ones to go to the auction block: blue 519's, orange Mikli's, etc.

Patience is a virtue!!! (haha)

I am looking forward to having fun selling these off, and watching them go to other collectors that will appreciate them.....

Thanks again everybody!!!!!!

Tony

I can never afford buying 3 pairs of sunglasses, nor will I ever want to. But if you ever feel like selling a pair of blue, purple or emerald 519s separately, let me know. :)

Hello again.....

SORRY!

Again, can't advertise eBay auctions of course...but if it was me, and I wanted to search around eBay for "bono sunglasses"....I'd probably do it starting around 2pm, EST....

As for the 519's of varying colours---YES, they shall be listed eventually!

Much like a bad TV commercial for used cars...."EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!" :hyper:

Thanks again everyone....

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom