Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for letting me know lobovox... good thing you're around to help. Everyone, I still would like 519s and can pay good cash.

Enough of my postings for now. Lol, I think I made what I want clear.

How many of you are intrested in original fly shades?I'm talking no replicas or propaganda model, I'm talking about the real deal here!
How much would you spend to have one of these, the one bono wears in 1992?

How many of you are intrested in original fly shades?I'm talking no replicas or propaganda model, I'm talking about the real deal here!

Do you have them in possesion for sale? Or is this hypothetical?

I'd be interested. Do you have pictures?

Here's a picture
150820111355.jpg

It's the pair on the right.Left is not for sale.
150820111352.jpg

I have the 93 "FLY GLASSES" Bolle Lunasport. They are original and not the fly shades from spain. They are yellow with the holes in the arms with Brevete Pat Pend on one arm and the other says France Dep Int. They could need a new home if anyone is interested.

Hello everyone, some glasses that were supposed to be sold are finally not. So here is the list of the glasses I am willing to sell (as I will only keep pairs that I wear) :

3 pairs of Gigli 226 :
69798-albums324-picture2691.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2690.jpg

2 pairs of Mikli :
69798-albums324-picture2655.jpg

The same color than the 3244 but I am waiting to receive them (they are new) - I will post pics as soon as I will have them

1 Cutler & Gross 0276 :
69798-albums324-picture2694.jpg

1 Bvlgari 549 silver
Pics to come as I forgot them @ my parent's house during vacations

1 Giorgio Armani 1535 Olive :
69798-albums324-picture2610.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2611.jpg

Send me a PM with your mail address so we could communicate. Please : only serious offers.

I am not willing to put them on eBay right now as I like the fact that the glasses are staying inside "the family"... But if they do not sold out by the middle of september, I will.
Thanks everyone.:wave:

Still the same thing and that's the reason why I insist : only serious offers :wink:, my 2 pairs of Miu Miu 51C which were supposed to be sold, are not finally... So I am also selling these two models :

69798-albums324-picture2695.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2696.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2697.jpg

If any interest for any of these nine pairs please send me a PM. And keep in mind that they are very rare to be find so... I wild do a better price than what is practiced on eBay but that does not mean that I am going to give them away.

One last point, I could be OK for some exchange if you own a pair of Blue 226, a pair of 3214 Orange (this one I would exchange against more than one pair), a pair of Pink Exte EX7S...

Thanks for reading everyone.:wave:

I think the only pair of glasses I covet right now are the EXTEs in orange or a darker color

Still waiting on my replacement Black Fly No 5s..they're taking an agonizingly long time to arrive.. :| I've been without these babies for probably close to 5 years tho, so I'm trying to be as patient as possible :zen:

I think the only pair of glasses I covet right now are the EXTEs in orange or a darker color

Still waiting on my replacement Black Fly No 5s..they're taking an agonizingly long time to arrive.. :| I've been without these babies for probably close to 5 years tho, so I'm trying to be as patient as possible :zen:

I have a brand new pair of Exte's in orange. Would rather trade than sell if you are interested?

Doubt I have anything worth trading tbh. I actually wear my shades quite alot. The only "untouched" pair I have are the salmon EA 9285s.
the salmon one u telling are one of those we already know? i say gold, green, black, pink and ruthenium if its a diff color, go on and up some pics.:reject:

Last minute : the 3214 has arrived this morning :
69798-albums324-picture2701.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2702.jpg

:drool:
Color code is 03057. They are absolutely new.
As for the 3244, the color code is 28182.
Still PM if necessary.

oh, thats 9592, not 9285! you know the reason i like bono sunglasses its about style(and some super hero translucid masks), not about the fan thing, or collecting. thats why i didnt bought the 9592, i dont like the stars.

changing point, anyone knows the history about 1535? i read once they were very fragile. i like the olive green ones. and the 3244,14, they looks perfeclty casual, but stilish, since isnt wrap lens.:banghead::hmm:

oh, thats 9592, not 9285! you know the reason i like bono sunglasses its about style(and some super hero translucid masks), not about the fan thing, or collecting. thats why i didnt bought the 9592, i dont like the stars.

changing point, anyone knows the history about 1535? i read once they were very fragile. i like the olive green ones. and the 3244,14, they looks perfeclty casual, but stilish, since isnt wrap lens.:banghead::hmm:

1535 are very delicate but also very cool, much cooler than 9285. If you look after them and put them in their case when not in use I'm sure they will be fine, I have had my ruby ones a few years now and they are still in perfect condition :)

Just to notice : on all the Miklis (3214, 3244 and AL 0876) you have two separate lenses but they cover much more better than a pair of 9285... Mikli knows how to make a pair of sunglasses. He's maybe the best glasses maker ever... But that's just my opinion. :wave:

Black Fly No 5 update aka the ones on eBay for around $25-30:

I took a chance on these, given that you can't buy shitty knockoffs of any kind for much less than $20 at the flea market even.

First off, they are EXACTLY as depicted in the listing, which, I pointed out to you guys a while back, seems to indicate they aren't 100% authentic. Again, I took the chance.

Secondly, they look and feel GREAT. To my eyes they almost feel like they fit ever so slightly smaller than my first pair (bought 2002) which actually isn't such a bad thing because back then I recall them feeling a bit bulky and since I cut my hair short again bulky doesn't look so great. These suit my current style fine. Everything else about the glasses checks out ie how the stars and logo "feel", the weight, shape, everything.

So what's wrong with em?

1. The lens color. The original lens color as I recall on the ones I previously owned, and as currently offered on the OFFICIAL Black Fly website, was a either a bluish or gray that looked positively black in sunglight. Against a white sheet of paper, as you can see in official stock photos, it looked rather blue/purplish. The ones I received are a slightly olive green/gray that look positively black in the sunlight. So they're not the same as the ones worn on Beautiful Day, but...I think I actually like the olive color more! At any rate, they look the same outdoors.

2. The markings on the inside of the arms: on my old ones, and on the ones depicted on the website, the right arm has engraved on the inside, in gold lettering, the words "Fly No5 Hand Made" and then at the end of the arm "CE Japan". On the ones I received, the lettering is white, engraved, and reads "Fly No5 Hand Made". The "CE Japan" does not appear. Now...if I check other eBay sellers, who are selling at $50 and more, some of theirs have gold lettering, and some have white lettering, and some don't have the "CE Japan". All those sellers are American with high ratings, so I would hope that they aren't selling knockoffs.

I have a theory: recall that TCB Elvis guy that used to sell these No 5s but in a myriad of other colors that weren't official..I always suspected that they weren't completely legit..well I'm thinking maybe when he stopped selling them, his supplier got wise and decided to keep selling them from China.

At any rate, for $29 they're pretty sweet shades. Honestly if these are knockoffs they are the best copies I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom