Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad Bono is sporting the original Armani's again. I like those more that the others with the stars :)

Take it you watched David Letterman last night. I did a "double take" thinking it must have been a re-run. That Armani style is cooler than the stars.

I had a pair and placed them in my coat in the overhead above my airplane seat leaving New Orleans after Mardi Gras. Landed in DC and found them snapped in half.

eh, good excuse to move onto the even cooler Bvlgari 8025s.

Take it you watched David Letterman last night. I did a "double take" thinking it must have been a re-run. That Armani style is cooler than the stars.

I had a pair and placed them in my coat in the overhead above my airplane seat leaving New Orleans after Mardi Gras. Landed in DC and found them snapped in half.

eh, good excuse to move onto the even cooler Bvlgari 8025s.

Sure they are 9285 ?
The arms seem wider...
Anyone CAN take a closer look to these shades to confirm they are 9285 ?
:wave:

You are a very optimistic person.
The 519 are almost the rarest pairs here with the 611, the Diesel K-Mart, the Mikli 3214 and the GA 1535. When (if) a pair pop up (here or on eBay) and if you really want one, you should take it.
If you really want one, you just don't look at the details, just the overall conditions.
At last, an exchange between a 9285 and a 519 is not really a real exchange as 9285 worth less than the Bvlgari...
That was just my opinion but you CAN be lucky... Who knows ?

youre telling me that the 519's are almost as impossible to find along with the miklis? my god its been a long time since ive been here :|

youre telling me that the 519's are almost as impossible to find along with the miklis? my god its been a long time since ive been here :|

Only thing I could say : welcome back to reality and good luck...
Oh, just for your information, you have a pair of 519 on eBay. 5 days of bidding remains and already more than 18 bids... Yes, I think the right words are "good luck".
:wave::wave::wave:

And don't mean to be a nuisance but should I make my own thread on what I am looking for? I would do it now but I dont want to go around being a troll and doubling my posts.

Not the Black Flys. Standard ones in the BD video.

Do No. 5's come in different varations or lens colors

EDIT: doing a quick search, lots of different lens colors have popped upin No. 5's. Whether these are official, i dont know? So i guess my next question for the experts is, which color lens are used in Beautiful Day video? is it a solid black color? or is it actually a "grey" or "dark blueish" color that just appears black on him? Which would you buy if you want the identical ones?

marik said:
Do No. 5's come in different varations or lens colors

EDIT: doing a quick search, lots of different lens colors have popped upin No. 5's. Whether these are official, i dont know? So i guess my next question for the experts is, which color lens are used in Beautiful Day video? is it a solid black color? or is it actually a "grey" or "dark blueish" color that just appears black on him? Which would you buy if you want the identical ones?

They are a very dark greyblue. They appear black in sunlight and slightly lighter in the stock pics of them. Officially i think Black Fly may have had one or two other colours but the majority of the other colours were aftermarket lenses by some guy called TCB shades. From what I understood however his lenses werent very good quality..either that or they werent proper UV blockers. If you want the ones that Bono wore for BD, get them from the Black Fly website, theyre $90 http://www.blackflysusa.com/category/for-men/fly-no-5.html

They are a very dark greyblue. They appear black in sunlight and slightly lighter in the stock pics of them. Officially i think Black Fly may have had one or two other colours but the majority of the other colours were aftermarket lenses by some guy called TCB shades. From what I understood however his lenses werent very good quality..either that or they werent proper UV blockers. If you want the ones that Bono wore for BD, get them from the Black Fly website, theyre $90 OFFICIAL Black Flys Sunglasses Website

Thanks once again gvox. 90 bucks eh? Do u mind peeking ebay and telling me if those once for 30 bucks are legit? I believe the seller was from china or japan.

Thanks once again gvox. 90 bucks eh? Do u mind peeking ebay and telling me if those once for 30 bucks are legit? I believe the seller was from china or japan.

ive got a pair, they are good quality, my ones are the gradient purple/black colour.

71424-albums262-picture1974.html

I thought they were not legit. They looked too rounded to me and the lens color is wrong.

Plus, why no closeup of the logo? Suspect.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. thanks for checking for me. I suppose 90 bucks is still a steal of a deal compared to his other models Out of curiosity, are they in your regular rotation to wear out?

Looking for Mikli 3214 any color and also Bulgari 610, 611 rose lense.... I know it's a stretch that anyone would want to sell these models..

marik said:
Yeah, thats what i was thinking. thanks for checking for me. I suppose 90 bucks is still a steal of a deal compared to his other models Out of curiosity, are they in your regular rotation to wear out?

If I still had them, yes, these are absolutely Bono's best pair to wear out on the street for regular wear and perfect for bright sunny days. I lost mine in a freak water skiing incident some years ago.

Im tempted to drop that $29 just to be able to report back of they are legit :hmm: There are other sites that have them discounted $79

Regarding Citrus 519's, I'd say the going rate is $500+ If you are selling, I am interested. I'm also looking for purple 611's. I know it will be a long journey.

That's a lot of money. I wouldn't ouldn't sell them if I were you Gabe!

But if you do, you know where to find me first right? :flirt:

Just for the pleasure : the good and the bad Bono glasses (from the elevation vid) :
69798-albums324-picture2609.jpg

69798-albums324-picture2608.jpg

Color codes :
611 102 115 (light blue)
611 103 116 (dark blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom