Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I wonder if anyone is interested in my "Black Fly No5" saga.

It's a bit convoluted, but it's becoming clearer what's going on with THIS model (and a couple others) of Black Flys.

Black Flys have factories in both Japan and China. Authentic Black Fly No5's are one of a select few models that are ONLY supposed to come out of Japan. However, the factory in China has decided (or maybe even been allowed) to produce No5's for retail sale also. They aren't the same fit, as the Japanese models, and they don't have several key markings (some of which I listed in my previous post, others which I will not because that will aid counterfeiters). More importantly, they aren't the ones Bono wore, and Black Flys official website does not sell them. They only sell the Japanese models. You pretty much can't get the ones Bono wore for under $70, anywhere, period, and if you think you did, you probably got the wrong ones.

Without boring everyone to tears, I've written a basic guide to detecting the real ones vs the 'fake' ones, which I'll share via PM to interested persons. Cheers.

Has anyone bought sunglasses from the Tonyma Store? Is it legit? I'm not sure what price to expect for sunglasses that is not in production any more, do 40 Euro sound like a price for legit sunglasses?

Mikli does make the best eyewear on the market today, IMO. I have a regular pair of Mikli eyeglasses and a pair of 3244 and they are the most comfortable pair of glasses I have ever wore. :heart:

DSC_8331__tonemapped.jpg

Wow, Bolle made yellow ones, as if the Lunarsports didn't look crazy enough dark. :ohmy:

69798-albums324-picture2690.jpg
:drool:

To everyone : the pair of brown and gold 226 is still on sale.
I am willing to let them go so I will do a good price on them.
Send me a PM if interested.:wave:

69798-albums324-picture2690.jpg
:drool:

To everyone : the pair of brown and gold 226 is still on sale.
I am willing to let them go so I will do a good price on them.
Send me a PM if interested.:wave:

Last minute : I also sell my Gigli 226 in green color code 2M4.
Any interest : send me a PM and I will send you pics (or I will post them on the forum tomorrow).:wave:

Blue Bvlgari 519's just sold on eBay for $570.00. I wonder what the most rare/expensive/ellusive pair of Bono glasses would be these days? Luna's...Orange Mikli 3214's...thoughts? :hmm:

Blue Bvlgari 519's just sold on eBay for $570.00. I wonder what the most rare/expensive/ellusive pair of Bono glasses would be these days? Luna's...Orange Mikli 3214's...thoughts? :hmm:

Well, I think :

- Mikli 3214 black arms, yellow lenses (Pop Mart Las Vegas)
- Mikli 3214 13109 (Orange)
- Mikli 3214 black arms&frame with deep orange lenses (wore at the end of Pop Mart)
- Bolle Lunasport color wore on stage
- Diesel K Mart
- Giorgio Armani 1535 in red

- Bvlgari 611 & 519 light blue + purple

- Gigli 191 in red/blue/green
- Gigli 226 light blue/purple/red
- Cutler & Gross 276 with the 4 bullets on each side

What do you think Doug :D ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back