Which song do you think will be the best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song will be the best?

• No Line On The Horizon

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Magnificent

Votes: 55 19.2%
  • Moment of Surrender

Votes: 82 28.6%
  • Unknown Caller

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Get On Your Boots

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Stand Up Comedy

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Fez – Being Born

Votes: 23 8.0%
  • White As Snow

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Breathe

Votes: 38 13.2%
  • Cedars Of Lebanon

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got a good feeoing about Breathe, the version we've heard sounds huge, although going by the song descriptions and other clips, it seems this album might have 4 or 5 epic tracks, which is exciting.

Ok, where the hell have you guys heard the other tracks... Breathe, Magnificent etc? To compare it to say... Unknown caller the one that we have all heard on Beach Clip 1.

Unknown Caller, it just sounds so epic as heard in the beach clip. Strong bassline too imo.

I'm torn between Unknown Caller and Magnificent. But I would also be loved to be surprised by one of the new songs we haven't heard.

I love the beach clip where Bono is singing about "Only love..." something or other. I have a difficult time making out the lyrics of the beach clips. I'm pretty sure this is Magnificent, right? If Unknown Caller is the first of the 2008 beach clips, then I can't wait for that one as well. :up:

What I'd really like to know is which of the 2006 beach clips will make it onto the album (if any). I particularly liked the second and fourth of these. Is there any kind of consensus about whether one of these two match up to what we know about any of the tracks set for the album? The one where Bono sings "All my life" in the chorus really sounded promising to me (clip 4, I think).

I love the beach clip where Bono is singing about "Only love..." something or other. I have a difficult time making out the lyrics of the beach clips. I'm pretty sure this is Magnificent, right? If Unknown Caller is the first of the 2008 beach clips, then I can't wait for that one as well. :up:

What I'd really like to know is which of the 2006 beach clips will make it onto the album (if any). I particularly liked the second and fourth of these. Is there any kind of consensus about whether one of these two match up to what we know about any of the tracks set for the album? The one where Bono sings "All my life" in the chorus really sounded promising to me (clip 4, I think).

You are quite correct about Magnificent and Unknown Caller :up:

Actually, I was just thinking about Breathe, and how I'm probably most excited to hear that one. This might have been mentioned already, but most U2 albums, at least recently, put a dark or haunting song as the penultimate track- New York, Please, Acrobat, Dirty Day, Exit. Breathe may be a similar feel, especially hearing there is supposedly a cello part in there.

Until I hear the new songs more than once (especially the two versions of no line on the horizon) I won't be able to tell. Certainly the "Toiletbreak" clip of Breathe has me very interested.

I think Dallas' video has the instrumental bit of the song and it sounded ghostly terrific! :up:

I have to go back and listen to that clip.

Edit: Watched it again, it's :drool: But how do we know this is MOS? :scratch:

Um.....I don't think any of us have heard ANY of the songs? :huh:

I think this is just yet another speculation/prediction thread. :hmm:

Yes, but of some songs we have at least heard the beach clips and can assume how they will sound like in the end, they won't be changed so much that the beach clips mean nothing. So at least we have something to base our modest opinion on. :wink:

From the descriptions alone, all the songs sound good.

Yes, but of some songs we have at least heard the beach clips and can assume how they will sound like in the end, they won't be changed so much that the beach clips mean nothing. So at least we have something to base our modest opinion on. :wink:

From the descriptions alone, all the songs sound good.

Ahhhhh....okay. Well, I haven't heard them yet so I was choosing based on descriptions and a guess basically...but now I understand. :up:

Wait, how am I supposed to vote when I haven't even heard half the songs?
...Oh, screw it, I'm voting for Magnificent. :drool:

No Fez Breath on the Magnificent Moment of Being Born as White as Snow to do Stand Up Comedy in Sexy Boots around Cedars of Lebanon on the Horizon

^that's the best song. one worth of being much longer than 7 minutes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom